Petraeus Condemns Church's Plan to Burn Quarans

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Re: Petraeus Condemns Church's Plan to Burn Quarans

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:41 am

I seem to have struck a bit of a nerve. It's clearly uncomfortable for you to be confronted with the fact that Trump was a long time friend of Epstein. Perhaps you should take a moment to examine that and reflect on why you're inclined to make glib excuses for him but not for others?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:17 am

Orange man good.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:50 am

Brian Peacock wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:41 am
I seem to have struck a bit of a nerve. It's clearly uncomfortable for you to be confronted with the fact that Trump was a long time friend of Epstein. Perhaps you should take a moment to examine that and reflect on why you're inclined to make glib excuses for him but not for others?
I'm sure you caught the whole story of their friendship...
https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/t ... explained/
When the allegations against Epstein became national news in 2019, Trump distanced himself from the convicted sex offender, saying that he “was not a fan” of the disgraced financier and eventually banned him from Mar-a-Lago.

And it does seem to be true that the two had a falling out in the years following that now-infamous New York Magazine quote. The Washington Post reported that in 2004 the two men each tried to buy the same Palm Beach mansion. Trump eventually won the auction, and later sold the home for more than twice the $41.35 million he spent on it. But the Post reported that the competition over the beachfront property spelled the end of Trump and Epstein’s friendship.
Now, how did Clinton distance himself from Epstein? How about any of the other wealthy oligarchs he was hobnobbing with? Or is it just Trump who should be noted?

Most of Epstein's pals stood by him, and in the case of Bill Gates, it hasn't harmed his reputation one bit. In fact, he seems to be hanging with the Davos group, with his reputation intact.

Myself, I would find it tough to forgive guys like Gates who stood by him. Or the FBI who looked over a bunch of evidence, then decided not to pursue charges against any of the traffickers customers.

But ya, if you want to hate on Trump, that photo is a great reason to do so. Now tell me how you feel about the law enforcement agencies who knew all about it for years, without intervening. I'll wait to see if you have as much ire for them, as for a sometimes politician like Trump.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:58 pm

Meh. Trump was a long time friend of Epstein until they fell out. Now tell me why you're so keen to make excuses for him but not others? If you want to use Epstein's reputation as a weapon to delegitimise people, why do you slip the safety on when Trump's in the firing line?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:24 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:58 pm
Meh. Trump was a long time friend of Epstein until they fell out. Now tell me why you're so keen to make excuses for him but not others? If you want to use Epstein's reputation as a weapon to delegitimise people, why do you slip the safety on when Trump's in the firing line?
I didn't, just pointed out that he (unlike everyone else implicated) stopped supporting him, and even worked against him. I think it was his greed/competition with him over real estate, but boy is everyone else pretty happy with it.

Just think - banks refuse to do business with people who say contraversial or offensive things, but aren't slightly bothered by decades of Epstein and Maxwell, or currently with Belanciaga.

They really missed a chance to signal their virtue about child sex trafficking. Don't remember who (besides Trump) ever dared to. Eric Weinstein almost did (related his experiences with Epstein in a podcast) but I don't remember too many others.

Must be that offensive words are more significant than international rape rings.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

rasetsu
Ne'er-do-well
About me: Move along. Nothing to see here.

Post by rasetsu » Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:33 pm

Look, you're free to pursue the links to Epstein. The people with actual skills and knowledge regarding the subject have chosen not to continue pursuing the links, or else are not communicating their intention to do so. Why they chose not to pursue the matter or communicate further could range from the suspicious to the mundane. Do you believe the reasons they didn't do so are not mundane? If so, you need to bring something more than this lame JAQing off.
Just asking questions (also known as JAQing off) is a way of attempting to make wild accusations acceptable (and hopefully not legally actionable) by framing them as questions rather than statements. It shifts the burden of proof to one's opponent; rather than laboriously having to prove that all politicians are reptoid scum, one can pull out one single odd piece of evidence and force the opponent to explain why the evidence is wrong.

RationalWiki || Just Asking Questions

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:48 pm

rasetsu wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:33 pm
Look, you're free to pursue the links to Epstein. The people with actual skills and knowledge regarding the subject have chosen not to continue pursuing the links, or else are not communicating their intention to do so. Why they chose not to pursue the matter or communicate further could range from the suspicious to the mundane. Do you believe the reasons they didn't do so are not mundane? If so, you need to bring something more than this lame JAQing off.
Just asking questions (also known as JAQing off) is a way of attempting to make wild accusations acceptable (and hopefully not legally actionable) by framing them as questions rather than statements. It shifts the burden of proof to one's opponent; rather than laboriously having to prove that all politicians are reptoid scum, one can pull out one single odd piece of evidence and force the opponent to explain why the evidence is wrong.

RationalWiki || Just Asking Questions
What wild accusations did I make with questions?

I don't know if the answer is mundane, or suspicious. I do know that no customers have been convicted in public for being part of that customer base.

Any way one tells the Epstein story sounds like ridiculously over-the-top conspiracy theories. Even if sticking to the facts.

As to the people with actual skills and knowledge, Bill Gates marriage did dissolve, and his wife (skilled and with knowledge) said that friendship was part of her decision. Maybe she was making it up. Maybe she genuinely was creeped out by her hubby hanging with a convinced child trafficker.

What's Gates up to now? With all his trustworthiness and expertise? [jesseventuravoice]I'm just asking questions[/jesseventuravoice]

Meanwhile, since I don't really know what the thread is about, but the title reminded me to see what Ayaan Hirsi Ali was up to, this went by.
To be against militant trans activists’ gender ideology is not to be transphobic.
That kind of quote could get her in trouble with militant trans activists. And possibly lead to book sales!
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

rasetsu
Ne'er-do-well

Post by rasetsu » Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:58 pm

Cunt wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:48 pm
I don't know if the answer is mundane, or suspicious. I do know that no customers have been convicted in public for being part of that customer base.
Are you claiming that any specific person is or was a customer for sexual services provided by Epstein?

What are their names and what evidence do you have that they were customers?

Bill Gates' skills and knowledge of the subject are not of the relevant kind. Whataboutism much?

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:11 pm

rasetsu wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:58 pm
Cunt wrote:
Are you claiming that any specific person is or was a customer for sexual services provided by Epstein?
No, the convictions do.
The conviction for sex trafficking, this last one with a VERY limited number of victims, implies customers.

Bill Gates' skills and knowledge of the subject are not of the relevant kind. Whataboutism much?
I meant that his wife was skilled and knowledgable. About her marriage, and how she felt about her husband and Epsteins friendship.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:42 pm

Cunt wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:24 pm
Brian Peacock wrote:
I didn't, just pointed out that he (unlike everyone else implicated) stopped supporting him, and even worked against him. I think it was his greed/competition with him over real estate, but boy is everyone else pretty happy with it.
Yeah, pedophilia is one thing, but real estate is a step too far!
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

rasetsu
Ne'er-do-well

Post by rasetsu » Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:52 am

Cunt wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:11 pm
rasetsu wrote:
Cunt wrote:
No, the convictions do.
The conviction for sex trafficking, this last one with a VERY limited number of victims, implies customers.
Epstein plead guilty to one count each of violating Florida State Statutes 796.03 and 796.07, neither of which implies anyone besides Epstein paid any minors for sex. So, no, you have your facts wrong.

Cunt wrote:
rasetsu wrote:
I meant that his wife was skilled and knowledgable. About her marriage, and how she felt about her husband and Epsteins friendship.
Since criminal justice is the relevant domain, Gates' wife's skills as his wife aren't any more relevant.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:55 am

Cunt wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:

Just think - banks refuse to do business with people who say contraversial or offensive things, but aren't slightly bothered by decades of Epstein and Maxwell, or currently with Belanciaga.

They really missed a chance to signal their virtue about child sex trafficking. Don't remember who (besides Trump) ever dared to. Eric Weinstein almost did (related his experiences with Epstein in a podcast) but I don't remember too many others.

Must be that offensive words are more significant than international rape rings.
Meh. So Trump stopped supporting Epstein at some point - but we know what Epstein was all about now, don't we? We know what it meant to be 'a friend of Epstein' through the 80s, 90s, and early 2000s, and we know what he did for his 'friends'. We all know the stories about the jet and the island and the Manhattan parties, and we know Trump was part of that scene for quite a while. It doesn't really matter if and when Trump fell out with Epstein does it? So I'm asking you why use Epstein's reputation to delegitimise others, to imply guilt or moral culpability by association, while being somewhat eager to give Trump a free pass? Surely everyone closely associated with Epstein during whatever period, for however long, is suspect, given what we now know about the nature of his associations with his rich, powerful and famous 'friends'? Eh?

Frank Zappa

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:05 am

rasetsu wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:52 am
Cunt wrote:
rasetsu wrote:
Cunt wrote:
No, the convictions do.
Epstein plead guilty to one count each of violating Florida State Statutes 796.03 and 796.07, neither of which implies anyone besides Epstein paid any minors for sex. So, no, you have your facts wrong.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... story.html
His partner in crime...
The jury found Maxwell guilty on five of six counts, including conspiracy to commit sex trafficking and sex trafficking of an individual under 18.
So who were they trafficking kids to? Just each other?

Nice theory.
Cunt wrote:
rasetsu wrote:
Since criminal justice is the relevant domain, Gates' wife's skills as his wife aren't any more relevant.
Why is it not relevant that she said she left him because of his friendship with Epstein?

And what IS that rascal up to now? Hopefully not working with kids or anything. At least I wouldn't hire him for that.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:09 am

Brian Peacock wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:55 am
Cunt wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:

Meh. So Trump stopped supporting Epstein at some point - but we know what Epstein was all about now, don't we? We know what it meant to be 'a friend of Epstein' through the 80s, 90s, and early 2000s, and we know what he did for his 'friends'. We all know the stories about the jet and the island and the Manhattan parties, and we know Trump was part of that scene for quite a while. It doesn't really matter if and when Trump fell out with Epstein does it? So I'm asking you why use Epstein's reputation to delegitimise others, to imply guilt or moral culpability by association, while being somewhat eager to give Trump a free pass? Surely everyone closely associated with Epstein during whatever period, for however long, is suspect, given what we now know about the nature of his associations with his rich, powerful and famous 'friends'? Eh?
I'm not giving Trump a pass, though he did more to acknowledge what happened than others.

It's funny Trump is the only celebrity you will condemn for his Epstein connection. It's easy to do if you already didn't like or trust him.

What do you think of Gates staying friends with him beyond the convictions? Allowing his marriage to crumble over it?

Is he now a trustworthy philanthropist? Or a sketchy guy who was into child sex trafficking circles?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

rasetsu
Ne'er-do-well

Post by rasetsu » Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:20 am

Cunt wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:05 am
rasetsu wrote:
Cunt wrote:
rasetsu wrote:
Cunt wrote:
No, the convictions do.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... story.html
His partner in crime...
The jury found Maxwell guilty on five of six counts, including conspiracy to commit sex trafficking and sex trafficking of an individual under 18.
So who were they trafficking kids to? Just each other?

Nice theory.
I'm not the one with the theory here. None of the charges against Ghislaine Maxwell directly implicate anyone but Epstein and herself unless you can demonstrate otherwise. Got any evidence for your theory?
Cunt wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:05 am
rasetsu wrote:
Cunt wrote:
rasetsu wrote:
Why is it not relevant that she said she left him because of his friendship with Epstein?

And what IS that rascal up to now? Hopefully not working with kids or anything. At least I wouldn't hire him for that.
It's not relevant because your claim was that the FBI ignored evidence implicating other customers. If Bill was a customer and Melinda witnessed it, she hasn't said so. Her leaving Bill over his friendship with Epstein is thus not probative of the claims you have made about the existence of other perpetrators of sex crimes or any law enforcement negligence.