NAS as an audio and video juke box

Give us a seminar, lecture or lesson on what your 'thing' is. Now with our exclusive ASK-A-NERD!!!
Hermit

Re: NAS as an audio and video juke box

Post by Hermit » Thu May 14, 2015 12:37 pm

rEvolutionist wrote:He's also a Marxist. :coffee:
Well, duh. Given one definition of "Marxist", there is just a single, solitary being that isn't.

Two, actually. I forgot about John Lott.
So you talk about mobs and the working classes as if they were the question. You've got that eternal idiotic idea that if anarchy came it would come from the poor. Why should it? The poor have been rebels, but they have never been anarchists; they have more interest than anyone else in there being some decent government. The poor man really has a stake in the country. The rich man hasn't; he can go away to New Guinea in a yacht. The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all. Aristocrats were always anarchists. - G.K. Chesterton

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Thu May 14, 2015 12:40 pm

piscator wrote:The NAS would be easy.
The difficulty is presented by my income stream. It's been operating at 0 RPM for 15 months now.

Bit of a pity. I have a hardwired gigabit network throughout the joint, including one terminal right back in the garden shed. I even dug a 20 metre long, 60 centimetre deep trench to spare me the sight of the cat 6 cable.
So you talk about mobs and the working classes as if they were the question. You've got that eternal idiotic idea that if anarchy came it would come from the poor. Why should it? The poor have been rebels, but they have never been anarchists; they have more interest than anyone else in there being some decent government. The poor man really has a stake in the country. The rich man hasn't; he can go away to New Guinea in a yacht. The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all. Aristocrats were always anarchists. - G.K. Chesterton

piscator

Post by piscator » Thu May 14, 2015 12:47 pm

You need a job. Semester or two at a jr college should get you going in AutoCAD or ArcGIS. A couple years of working for someone else, you might be good enough to work from home.
It takes a little doing, but any job it takes a week to learn is tenuous and low paying.
Don't scoff. A person who enjoys spreadsheets is already three steps ahead of the next swinging dick in learning about drafting or GIS. You can feed a family and have a reasonable work environment as a moderate draftsman or GIS driver. :tea:

pErvinalia
Off his meds
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu May 14, 2015 1:56 pm

Hermit wrote:
Well, duh. Given one definition of "Marxist", there is just a single, solitary being that isn't.

Hitler, Pinochet, and Seth. I'm pretty sure Thatcher was a Marxist.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"My penis is VERY small" - Cunt.

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Thu May 14, 2015 2:09 pm

rEvolutionist wrote:
Hermit wrote:

Hitler, Pinochet, and Seth. I'm pretty sure Thatcher was a Marxist.
Why did you mention Seth? What do you think I meant by "there is just a single, solitary being that isn't."? As for the rest, don't let yourself be fooled. They are crypto-Marxists, one and all.

pErvinalia
Off his meds
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu May 14, 2015 3:16 pm

That's what they want you to think, because you are a NLSDUI (New-Labour-Social-Democrat Useful Idiot). :coffee:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"My penis is VERY small" - Cunt.