Plan for moderation of Fiendly Mafia games

Mafia Forum is visible to guests. Please note that game threads are limited to posts by players who are involved in each game. Non-player or derail posts will be moved to a gallery thread.

Moderator: Mafia Mods

charlou
arseist

Plan for moderation of Fiendly Mafia games

Post by charlou » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:30 pm

The rationalia staff have discussed the moderation of player behaviour in rationalia Mafia games, taking our forum ethos and guidelines, as well as Mafia player and GM concerns, into account. To moderate player behaviour and to minimise mod intrusion into Mafia games, we've come up with the following plan:

We have dedicated Mafia subforum mods. These mods will be Ayaan, Charlou, Don't Panic and FBM. Our locations mean that moderation will cover all time zones.

In a Mafia game, a post is either reported by a GM or other member (player or non player), or recognised by a staff member as a guideline breach

The Mafia mods look at it and discuss it among themselves and the rest of the staff in the mod forum

Posts are not removed by mods from the game thread without consultation with the game GM

Come to a consensus about whether action is necessary and if so what that action will be

If action is to be taken a brief blue note will be placed in the game thread, quoting the offending post/s and directing discussion to a separate mod action discussion thread within the mafia subforum. The blue note will read: "Post reported, mod action. Discussion here" and will include a link to the separate discussion thread and full information about the breach and the staff action decided upon. Discussion/argument of the breach and mod action will take place in the separate thread.

An exception to this process would be the immediate removal of links or images that breach our guidelines. This may still be discussed after the fact in the separate mod action thread.

Unless the game GM has made an exception, posts by non-players in the game thread should be reported as derails using the post report button. Mods will check if the post is by a non-player and if so, move it to the peanut gallery.

Players are asked to help prevent any derails interrupting the game by not replying to them.
no fences

Magicziggy

Re: Plan for moderation of Fiendly Mafia games

Post by Magicziggy » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:40 pm

The plan seems sound. I'll give it some thought.

Azathoth
blind idiot god
blind idiot god

Post by Azathoth » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:46 pm

Just an additional thought. How about splitting the mafia forum into two? One subforum for active and upcoming games and an archive. It is a mess in there now and hard to find the thread you are looking for.
Outside the ordered universe is that amorphous blight of nethermost confusion which blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity—the boundless daemon sultan Azathoth, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, and who gnaws hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space amidst the muffled, maddening beating of vile drums and the thin monotonous whine of accursed flutes.

Code: Select all

// Replaces with spaces the braces in cases where braces in places cause stasis 
   $str = str_replace(array("\{","\}")," ",$str);

Feck

Post by Feck » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:49 pm

Ghatanothoa wrote:Just an additional thought. How about splitting the mafia forum into two? One subforum for active and upcoming games and an archive. It is a mess in there now and hard to find the thread you are looking for.
or fix it so the active gameplay thread is at the top ?
:hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog:
Give me the wine , I don't need the bread

Pappa
Non-Practicing Anarchist
Non-Practicing Anarchist
About me: I am sacrificing a turnip as I type.

Post by Pappa » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:19 pm

Feck wrote:
Ghatanothoa wrote:Just an additional thought. How about splitting the mafia forum into two? One subforum for active and upcoming games and an archive. It is a mess in there now and hard to find the thread you are looking for.
or fix it so the active gameplay thread is at the top ?
The active one could be stickied.
For information on ways to help support Rationalia financially, see our funding page.

When the aliens do come, everything we once thought was cool will then make us ashamed.

Azathoth
blind idiot god
blind idiot god

Post by Azathoth » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:48 pm

:pawiz: With your simple solution.
Outside the ordered universe is that amorphous blight of nethermost confusion which blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity—the boundless daemon sultan Azathoth, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, and who gnaws hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space amidst the muffled, maddening beating of vile drums and the thin monotonous whine of accursed flutes.

Code: Select all

// Replaces with spaces the braces in cases where braces in places cause stasis 
   $str = str_replace(array("\{","\}")," ",$str);

Pappa
Non-Practicing Anarchist
Non-Practicing Anarchist
About me: I am sacrificing a turnip as I type.

Post by Pappa » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:50 pm

Ghatanothoa wrote::pawiz: With your simple solution.
:hehe:
For information on ways to help support Rationalia financially, see our funding page.

When the aliens do come, everything we once thought was cool will then make us ashamed.

Bartholomew Roberts

Post by Bartholomew Roberts » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:48 pm

Charlou wrote:FBM
I support your plan except for this part, that guy's a fuckwit

Feck

Post by Feck » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:50 pm

Bartholomew Roberts wrote:
And that's a personal insult :tdown:

Feck

Post by Feck » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:22 am

Bartholomew Roberts wrote:I don't give a shit
Yeah constipation can get to you , have you tried figs and Bran ?

Don't Panic
Evil Admin
Evil Admin
About me: 100% Pure Evil. (Not from Concentrate)

Post by Don't Panic » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:28 am

Bartholomew Roberts wrote:I don't give a shit
:coffee:
Gawd wrote:»
And those Zumwalts are already useless, they can be taken out with an ICBM.
The world is a thing of utter inordinate complexity and richness and strangeness that is absolutely awesome. I mean the idea that such complexity can arise not only out of such simplicity, but probably absolutely out of nothing, is the most fabulous extraordinary idea. And once you get some kind of inkling of how that might have happened, it's just wonderful. And . . . the opportunity to spend 70 or 80 years of your life in such a universe is time well spent as far as I am concerned.
D.N.A.

Don't Panic
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

Post by Don't Panic » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:31 am

:nono:
The world is a thing of utter inordinate complexity and richness and strangeness that is absolutely awesome. I mean the idea that such complexity can arise not only out of such simplicity, but probably absolutely out of nothing, is the most fabulous extraordinary idea. And once you get some kind of inkling of how that might have happened, it's just wonderful. And . . . the opportunity to spend 70 or 80 years of your life in such a universe is time well spent as far as I am concerned.
D.N.A.

Don't Panic
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

Post by Don't Panic » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:38 am

This post is a personal attack and a violation of the forum rules. Bartholomew Roberts has been suspended for 7 days.

Hopefully upon his return he will learn to converse in a more civil manner.
D.N.A.

oblivion
Noble Savage

Post by oblivion » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:29 pm

If you lock all but the active day thread, then the games stay more organized. If you want 2 subforums, I'd suggest having one forum for sign-ups and discussions of mafia topics, and one forum for the games. As a player and GM, I find it useful to have all the games in one forum because I can limit my searches to previous games very easily that way.