Simple Mafia 1

Mafia Forum is visible to guests. Please note that game threads are limited to posts by players who are involved in each game. Non-player or derail posts will be moved to a gallery thread.

Moderator: Mafia Mods

Magicziggy

Re: Simple Mafia 1 : Day 6

Post by Magicziggy » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:36 pm

At work.
Ghat, Colu you have what some might consider Free Will. If I'm making the wrong call here, it'll be on me. But Useless has played this perfectly and is about to get away with murder.
I can't believe I'm on the end of his trickery two games in a row. Study the posts. He just comes in, plonks a vote here and there whenever its required. It's all too easy. Then creates this Magicziggy illusion.
Ghat, I called you before, but you are not standing out to me like Useless now.
Colu, you will learn in time how the experienced players manipulate us.

colubridae
Custom Rank: Rank
About me: http://www.essentialart.com/acatalog/Ed ... Stars.html

Post by colubridae » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:43 pm

Magicziggy wrote:At work.
Ghat, Colu you have what some might consider Free Will. If I'm making the wrong call here, it'll be on me. But Useless has played this perfectly and is about to get away with murder.
I can't believe I'm on the end of his trickery two games in a row. Study the posts. He just comes in, plonks a vote here and there whenever its required. It's all too easy. Then creates this Magicziggy illusion.
Ghat, I called you before, but you are not standing out to me like Useless now.
Colu, you will learn in time how the experienced players manipulate us.

What are you talking about

DP declared that he found useless to be town.
and he was confirmed as the town seer.

ipso facto
stick it in your racto! :hehe:

(racto?) :funny:
I have a well balanced personality. I've got chips on both shoulders

oblivion
Noble Savage

Post by oblivion » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:00 am

Magicziggy was scum.

Town wins! Congrats!

Don't Panic
Evil Admin
Evil Admin
About me: 100% Pure Evil. (Not from Concentrate)

Re: Simple Mafia 1

Post by Don't Panic » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:06 am

Yay town. :woot:
Gawd wrote:»
And those Zumwalts are already useless, they can be taken out with an ICBM.
The world is a thing of utter inordinate complexity and richness and strangeness that is absolutely awesome. I mean the idea that such complexity can arise not only out of such simplicity, but probably absolutely out of nothing, is the most fabulous extraordinary idea. And once you get some kind of inkling of how that might have happened, it's just wonderful. And . . . the opportunity to spend 70 or 80 years of your life in such a universe is time well spent as far as I am concerned.
D.N.A.

oblivion
Noble Savage

Post by oblivion » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:08 am

DP wrote:Yay town. :woot:
Was this your first time out as seer?

Uselesstwit

Post by Uselesstwit » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:09 am

Sweet, go innocents.

Thanks Oblivion and J.a. for running this, it was a great game.
Are we going to get a critique again?

Nice job on the investigations DP, you turned a rout into a win.
irretating wrote:you're a genius, UT!

oblivion
Noble Savage

Post by oblivion » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:11 am

Uselesstwit wrote:Sweet, go innocents.

You did quite well, yourself. IIRC you identified the rest of the scum team in the game thread the same day DP outed his views. How did playing town differ from playing scum?

Uselesstwit

Post by Uselesstwit » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:15 am

oblivion wrote:
Uselesstwit wrote:Sweet, go innocents.

You did quite well, yourself. IIRC you identified the rest of the scum team in the game thread the same day DP outed his views. How did playing town differ from playing scum?
Mostly in being able to speak my mind a lot more freely. When you're scum you have to weigh each word, and try and push other's reactions. This game I just got to sit back and study people. I should have been even more proactive at the start to get people showing tells. I'll try and lynch fewer innocents next game I promise.

oblivion
Noble Savage

Post by oblivion » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:16 am

As far as critique goes, it just takes time to internalize what you've already been told. J.A.'s critique from the Spooks game was gold, IMO and a lot of experienced players could use an occasional refresher course. People were still making some of the same town mistakes in this game. It takes time to break old habits, though. Uselesstwit, you may be at an advantage because you don't have old habits to break, yet.

Scum made the same mistake in this game that I did in spooks - deciding to forego killing DP the night after he outed as seer.

As you may have guessed already, there was no doctor or don in this game. The town specials were seer and vig, and it was a vanilla scum team.

Don't Panic
Evil Admin
Evil Admin
About me: 100% Pure Evil. (Not from Concentrate)

Post by Don't Panic » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:43 am

oblivion wrote:
DP wrote:Yay town. :woot:
Was this your first time out as seer?
Yep, I was sweating over when to out, especially if Ani or Feck were scum, I knew I wouldn't live too long.
Gawd wrote:»
And those Zumwalts are already useless, they can be taken out with an ICBM.
The world is a thing of utter inordinate complexity and richness and strangeness that is absolutely awesome. I mean the idea that such complexity can arise not only out of such simplicity, but probably absolutely out of nothing, is the most fabulous extraordinary idea. And once you get some kind of inkling of how that might have happened, it's just wonderful. And . . . the opportunity to spend 70 or 80 years of your life in such a universe is time well spent as far as I am concerned.
D.N.A.

virphen
About me: "that fairy-fingering ass-raping space lizard"

One year own my home planet = 3 on earth.

Post by virphen » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:49 am

I really fucked up my role.

I intended not to kill anyone until I was fairly certain. I knew that killing Charlou on day 2 would likely make twinkie think I was the vigilante, and also the fact she FOSed twinkie might lead her to think I was just following her lead.

But I was just bored - the effects of not being able to really participate in the day round. Bored and a bit annoyed with charlou's chopping and changing on day one after giving Skinny shit for loud behaviour last time, and I also figured she might be doing it just because the person killed for doing that behaviour proved innocent in the last game.

Regardless, I should have waited.

Uselesstwit

Post by Uselesstwit » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:51 am

Didn't you die the next night? It's gotta kind of suck always being on the top of everyone's hit list.

virphen
About me: "that fairy-fingering ass-raping space lizard"

One year own my home planet = 3 on earth.

Post by virphen » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:28 am

Yes I did.

I don't think that was the factor this time, I foolishly allowed a scum player who knows me very well a lot of information about the type of player who was the vigilante.

I should have at least waited until I had a good idea on what role she had. Ideally I'd have waited until the seer came out, if I'd still been alive then I think the game would have been a breeze. Although maybe DP might have gotten whacked instead of me that night, who knows?

oblivion
Noble Savage

Post by oblivion » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:34 am

virphen wrote:Yes I did.

I don't think that was the factor this time, I foolishly allowed a scum player who knows me very well a lot of information about the type of player who was the vigilante.

I should have at least waited until I had a good idea on what role she had. Ideally I'd have waited until the seer came out, if I'd still been alive then I think the game would have been a breeze. Although maybe DP might have gotten whacked instead of me that night, who knows?
skipping your kill on night 1 was an interesting approach. I think it lulled scum a little (or it would have lulled me). I've been pretty ruthless the few times that I've been the vigilante. If I don't have a strong sense of a scum player, then I kill someone I think town won't want around at endgame. Scum go after the good players at night, and to some extent so do town during the lynches. Sometimes you wind up with the least experienced players left in the game at endgame.

irretating
not too sweet to sledge

Post by irretating » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:54 am

Thanks for organising, oblivion :td:

I think I'll pass on playing these pure games for a bit, because I'm very hamstrung with my posting availability in these types of games.