Welcome to the lifeboat, all you survivors!

New? Introduce yourself here.
klr
(%gibber(who=klr, what=Leprageek);)
About me: The money was just resting in my account.

Re: Welcome to the lifeboat, all you survivors!

Post by klr » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:52 am

flyingscot wrote:Glad to catch the lifeboat......that was quite a storm back there! :ddpan:
Welcome fs! :hugs:

I saw earlier that you'd registered, but wasn't sure if you'd posted yet.

You do know who I am, don't you? :biggrin:
God has no place within these walls, just like facts have no place within organized religion. - Superintendent Chalmers

It's not up to us to choose which laws we want to obey. If it were, I'd kill everyone who looked at me cock-eyed! - Rex Banner

The Bluebird of Happiness long absent from his life, Ned is visited by the Chicken of Depression. - Gary Larson

:mob: :comp: :mob:

Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist
About me: My posts are related to the thread in the same way Gliese 651b is related to your mother's underwear drawer.
Location: Sitting next to Ayaan in Domus Draconis, and communicating via PMs.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:53 am

virphen wrote:
Feck wrote:
Agrippina wrote:And freedom of speech! :biggrin:
We were gradually collecting the mods and admins off RDF any way :D ... We have a PLAY NICE rule ... should be the only one that is needed in a friendly forum like Rationalia . You get an official site warning easily though.... just ask for one :lol: Suspensions are also available on demand .
Can I have one please? So far I've got Pluto and FIO in my collection, how many more do I need to get the set?
I thought I'd warned you? If I forgot, let me know.
Ein Ubootsoldat wrote:“Ich melde mich ab. Grüssen Sie bitte meine Kameraden.”

virphen
About me: "that fairy-fingering ass-raping space lizard"

One year own my home planet = 3 on earth.

Post by virphen » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:59 am

Gawdzilla wrote:
virphen wrote: Can I have one please? So far I've got Pluto and FIO in my collection, how many more do I need to get the set?
I thought I'd warned you? If I forgot, let me know.
No, it must have been some other ass-raping, fairy-fingering space lizard that you warned.

Agrippina

Post by Agrippina » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:28 am

Boadacia! wrote:
Agrippina wrote: OK. I like a 'nice play' rule. I don't mind getting into long discussions and even a few gentle arguments but I get too stressed about big fights and I'm really not interested in either long academic essays either reading or writing them. This is how I relax. I will defend an assertion I make if I feel strongly enough about it but I have no intention of spending days researching something that people can look up for themselves if they are really very interested.

I know that younger people are interested in testing their opinions and proving them with long complicated research and essays, but not me, I simply don't have enough lifetime left to spend time doing piles of research only to have the site pulled down and all my hard work deleted. When I write I do it for my own pleasure and to present to people who aren't merely going to toss it on the rubbish heap. I hope that's ok here and that I won't get yelled at to 'prove it' whenever I make some offhand comment. For me this is a relaxing way to spend a few spare hours during the day, not a lecture hall. :biggrin:
I think you may be surprised how many agree with that statement. Especially those of us running out of time as we crumble into oblivion. At least here it's better than FaceWank as in you might actually get an answer to a post, and not some mind-numbing crap app!' I feel too many put too much emotional investment into RDF, and it seems to have proven such. I'm still considering if RD had in fact any interest in it at all? (maybe for the financial aspects?)

Life is for fun, and if we get our jollies by writing, and debating, then keeping the importance of all this shit in perspective, is important for sanity. It's just t'internet me dooks!

I'll never yell at ya, 'onest! :coffeespray:
I don't mind beting told that I'm wrong - I'll even apologise, and I don't even mind if it's angry. After the news that some of my more 'interesting' observations about my country (at least) are about to be wiped out and thrown in the trash, I have to admit that I'm not really motivated to participate in anything other than chitchat but I'm sure my natural garrulousness will lead me into a long discourse on something or other in the not too distant future again, but I won't take any of it too seriously. And yes, for what's left of my life will only be filled with fun stuff, other people can do the rest. :td:

Dracena

Post by Dracena » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:17 am

Hi.
Another refugee from rdf here, climbing onboard the lifeboat that is rationalia. Happy to see so many of you here though still a bit angry at Josh the tosh. :lay:
Anyway looking forward to great times here. :huggeroo:

Bella Fortuna
Sister Golden Hair
About me: Being your slave, what should I do but tend
Upon the hours and times of your desire?
I have no precious time at all to spend,
Nor services to do, till you require.

Post by Bella Fortuna » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:01 pm

flyingscot wrote:Glad to catch the lifeboat......that was quite a storm back there! :ddpan:
Awwww... about time fs. Missed you. :hugs:
Sent from my Bollocksberry using Crapatalk.
Food, cooking, and disreputable nonsense: http://miscreantsdiner.blogspot.com/

Faithfree
The Potable Atheist
About me: All things in moderation, including moderation

Post by Faithfree » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:04 pm

Hi FS, great to see you again! :cheers:
Although it may look like a forum, this site is actually a crowd-sourced science project modelling the slow but inexorable heat death of the universe.

Wumbologist
I want a do-over

Post by Wumbologist » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:11 pm

The artist formerly known as Sneakers O'Toole, reporting in. Can anyone point me in the direction of the most heated argument to jump into? :biggrin:

klr
(%gibber(who=klr, what=Leprageek);)
About me: The money was just resting in my account.

Post by klr » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:14 pm

Jörmungandr wrote:The artist formerly known as Sneakers O'Toole, reporting in. Can anyone point me in the direction of the most heated argument to jump into? :biggrin:
Oh, anything in this area:

http://rationalia.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=75

:cheers:
God has no place within these walls, just like facts have no place within organized religion. - Superintendent Chalmers

It's not up to us to choose which laws we want to obey. If it were, I'd kill everyone who looked at me cock-eyed! - Rex Banner

The Bluebird of Happiness long absent from his life, Ned is visited by the Chicken of Depression. - Gary Larson

:mob: :comp: :mob:

HughMcB
Location: Toronto, Canada. . . . . . . . . . . . . (natural habitat: Ireland)

Post by HughMcB » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:24 pm

Timonenfail wrote:We are all very excited about the new changes.
Quote-mine Dawkins wrote:If I ever had any doubts that RD.net needs to change, and rid itself of this particular aspect of Internet culture, they are dispelled by this episode.

twistor59

Post by twistor59 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:36 pm

And another one.....

Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist
About me: My posts are related to the thread in the same way Gliese 651b is related to your mother's underwear drawer.
Location: Sitting next to Ayaan in Domus Draconis, and communicating via PMs.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:35 am

Updated the Muster Rolls. 491 peeps in a 27' cutter with no sail or mast. Volunteers to get out and walk?
Ein Ubootsoldat wrote:“Ich melde mich ab. Grüssen Sie bitte meine Kameraden.”

Boadacia!

Post by Boadacia! » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:12 am

This is what happens to us when we listen to that talking snake and eat the forbidden cheese! We get booted out of the garden! :evil:
ImageImage
RD: Science is very interesting, and if you don't agree, you can f*ck off! - And take your MODS with you! :whip:
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Mac_Guffin

Post by Mac_Guffin » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:15 am

Our RMS Carpathia . :clap:

Oster

Post by Oster » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:28 am

Hi all. Checking in. Pass an oar.