How did you find Rationalia.com?

New? Introduce yourself here.

How did you find Rationalia.com?

I was a TAF member and jumped ship.
15%
I saw some reference to it on the Richard Dawkins forum and came for a look.
32%
I saw some reference to it on another forum and came for a look.
19%
I was sent a link by a friend.
19%
I found it via a Google search for something serious.
3%
I found it via a Google search for something stupid.
2%
None of the above.
10%

Total votes: 268

camoguard
The ferret with a microphone
About me: I'm very social and philosophically ambitious. Also, I'm chatty and enjoy getting to meet new people on or offline. I think I'm talented in writing and rapping. We'll see.

Re: How did you find Rationalia.com?

Post by camoguard » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:25 pm

wtargentina wrote:Just watched RDF collapse in a big pile of stupid. Hoping this might be a suitable replacement.
This is way awesomer than RDF. :demon:

wtargentina

Post by wtargentina » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:36 pm

camoguard wrote:
wtargentina wrote:Just watched RDF collapse in a big pile of stupid. Hoping this might be a suitable replacement.
Also hoping that people don't use words like "awesomer" too often. ;)

camoguard
About me: I'm very social and philosophically ambitious. Also, I'm chatty and enjoy getting to meet new people on or offline. I think I'm talented in writing and rapping. We'll see.

Post by camoguard » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:36 pm

wtargentina wrote:
camoguard wrote:
Also hoping that people don't use words like "awesomer" too often. ;)
Awesomesticality is what I'm all about.

Ironclad
I feel nekkid.
About me: Hadean.

Post by Ironclad » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:42 pm

My Mafia friends helped me into the lifeboat. :cheers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjsgoXvnStY

Nidor meus caseus vos matris  

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:12 pm

Agrippina wrote:I found a PM from stijndeloose in my RDF inbox and then hotfooted over here to get my fix. :td: :cheers:
You too? Interesting how he seems to have taken it on himself to be the Samaritan for so many people :td:
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:14 pm

camoguard wrote:
sandinista wrote:canadian...only wish I was a Swede!
I sometimes wish I was French except then I would have to learn a second language...
Frenchitude is highly overrated, but you're better of as a French trying to learn English than as an English speaker faced with the travail of learning French.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:18 pm

camoguard wrote:
There is more awesome than a Squadron of Valkyrie Veritech fighters atomizing a whole Zentraedi fleet? :naughty: :biggrin:

Tigerwolf

Post by Tigerwolf » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:06 pm

PZ sent me. :shifty:

^..^
Tigerwolf
"The password is 'tentacles.' "

camoguard

Post by camoguard » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:11 pm

Svartalf wrote:
camoguard wrote:
sandinista wrote:canadian...only wish I was a Swede!
I sometimes wish I was French except then I would have to learn a second language...
Frenchitude is highly overrated, but you're better of as a French trying to learn English than as an English speaker faced with the travail of learning French.
I think I should learn some second language as a way of meeting my global neighbors at least halfway.

Stagman

Post by Stagman » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:27 pm

I found this via PZ.

I was an RDFer, but after a few days away I found it was full of announcements and lots of harsh words being sent left, right and centre. I still don't really know what happened but one thing is for sure - it isn't in my control to dictate the outcome. I think if I had to read all the posts to figure out what the cause is I would still be here next week reading. If anyone cares to offer a short description I would be happy. If not, then not.

Godless Libertarian

Post by Godless Libertarian » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:32 pm

Both FIO and DP gave me the heads up via PM. A shoutout and another thanks to both of 'em :tup:

I consider it a tribute to the moral qualities of an individualist society that private charity and philanthropy
helps the unfortunate people in our midst. ~ Murray N. Rothbard

Ronja
Just Another Safety Nut
About me: mother of 2 girls, married to fellow rat MiM, student (SW, HCI, ICT...) , self-employed editor/proofreader/translator

Post by Ronja » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:57 pm

Blair Scott, a Facebook friend, posted this link to Peter Harrison's blog http://realityismyreligion.wordpress.co ... open-soon/

I registered here in in less than half an hour after starting to read that blog entry. And I am almost crying. I just CANNOT get it into my head that Richard Dawkins, from the land of Hyde Park Speaker's Corner - that he could really be writing this: http://forum.richarddawkins.net/viewtop ... 1&t=110356 :shock: It is as if he hasn't learned anything from his own country's history (people protesting what they feel to be greatly unjust are *not* famous for civilized and calm expressions... plus look at how their MPs routinely address each other still today!)

But I am glad I found the old, familiar, cozily disrespectful and relaxedly funny atmosphere here. It's a bit subdued for now, surely, but we will bounce back. BIG THANKS to all the ex-RDF mods who are showing up here & let this be A New Hope for all free thinkers, speakers and writers on the Net.

Warm hugs for anyone who needs them :huggeroo:

Ronja

(no signature yet - need to fix all those little details soon)
"The internet is made of people. People matter. This includes you. Stop trying to sell everything about yourself to everyone. Don’t just hammer away and repeat and talk at people—talk TO people. It’s organic. Make stuff for the internet that matters to you, even if it seems stupid. Do it because it’s good and feels important. Put up more cat pictures. Make more songs. Show your doodles. Give things away and take things that are free." - Maureen J

"...anyone who says it’s “just the Internet” can :pawiz: . And then when they come back, they can :pawiz: again." - Tigger

Ronja
Just Another Safety Nut
About me: mother of 2 girls, married to fellow rat MiM, student (SW, HCI, ICT...) , self-employed editor/proofreader/translator

Post by Ronja » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:24 pm

Gawdzilla wrote: ...

There was a young man in Manchester,
Whose brain had started to fester.
"If reason does fail ya,
There's always rationalia."
And now he's the member named Jester.
:clap: :flowers:
"The internet is made of people. People matter. This includes you. Stop trying to sell everything about yourself to everyone. Don’t just hammer away and repeat and talk at people—talk TO people. It’s organic. Make stuff for the internet that matters to you, even if it seems stupid. Do it because it’s good and feels important. Put up more cat pictures. Make more songs. Show your doodles. Give things away and take things that are free." - Maureen J

"...anyone who says it’s “just the Internet” can :pawiz: . And then when they come back, they can :pawiz: again." - Tigger

Stagman

Post by Stagman » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:29 pm

Ronja wrote:I just CANNOT get it into my head that Richard Dawkins, from the land of Hyde Park Speaker's Corner - that he could really be writing this: http://forum.richarddawkins.net/viewtop ... 1&t=110356
I would guess that Richard wrote that as a response to the hatred directed toward his employee. What I do wonder is if Richard is really up to date on the goings on in the background that were hushed and put in the bin - but luckily explained by some on blogs etc.
If Richard thought is was all done fairly then I would expect that response, but if had any notion of (supposed) disrespect from his employees, the response would surely be different. Obviously Josh is not going to freely admit being a jerk or whatever, but if that became apparent to Richard and his response remains unchanged then something ain't right.
I don't condone hatred directed toward people, and clearly neither does Richard. But the other supposed disrespect and all cannot go unanswered either.

lpetrich

Post by lpetrich » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:46 pm

Because of the reformatting of the richarddawkins.net forums, as I like to call it. I'm lpetrich at a lot of other places, including rd.net.

I participated a little in rd.net, but never very much. But since many of you people at rd.net have moved here, I've decided to do so. I also have a lot of experience in online drama llama, having lived though the IIDebacle and related affairs.

I'm interested in science stuff - I have a lot of expertise there, including some expertise in the more mathematical fields of science.