The thirteenth musical thrill: what are you listening to?

Post Reply
User avatar
aufbahrung
Posts: 3962
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:10 pm
About me: Mostly harmless
Contact:

Re: The thirteenth musical thrill: what are you listening to?

Post by aufbahrung » Sun Sep 20, 2026 3:04 pm

“Speed of US Debt Accumulation: The pile is currently expanding by roughly $1 trillion every 76 days..”

User avatar
Sean Hayden
Microagressor
Posts: 19639
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:55 pm
About me: cool enough
Contact:

Re: The thirteenth musical thrill: what are you listening to?

Post by Sean Hayden » Sun Sep 20, 2026 10:09 pm

My bike gets me into some weird situations. This morning around 1am a car was following too close, annoyingly close. This went on for about three stops. So when I got the chance I pulled over thinking he'd just go by. Nope, he pulls over with me. So now I'm thinking it's a cop, right? I'm ready to tell this cop to cut the shit, stop following bikers like this because we can't tell if you're a cop or a nutter. But he doesn't stay behind me, he pulls up next to me. --wtf-- It's a nutter then. It's some guy in a convertible, I don't know the car, something quick by the looks of it. I take one look and instantly think he's done time --great.

So I asked him what he's doing, you know, what the fuck are you doing? He mumbles something, I turned down the music and ask again: what are you doing man? He says something, something, I think he asked if I need help, and for some inexplicable reason I told him to get gone: get going, go on, get outta here just like he was a dog! I said it about two or three times just like he was a dog too. At that point I realized he was drunk, because he gave me the unmistakable drunkards butthurt whenever they're told to do something. You know, like: sit your ass down Bill! And Bill's all, 'like hell I will!'. :lol:

And this weird motherfucker just sat there next to me, occasionally looking up at me, and then somewhere else. He did that for a good minute, it felt longer.

So I put the bike in neutral and backed up. I didn't want to be beside him and I definitely didn't want to get in front of him. We had already established that crazy behavior was a possibility. On that point I'd say it's a draw (I mean I did pull over). Anyway, as I'm backing up I look at his plate and can't believe it, he's a Florida man!

Christ, he might've just been looking for connection, and now I feel kind of bad. Like I probably fucked up an opportunity for a genuinely interesting something or other. It's not how I would go about things, but I'm not a Florida man.

Or I just avoided having my face eaten. It's probably a coin toss really.

I think my barber may have the Shine.

If your everyday life seems poor, don’t blame it; blame yourself; admit to yourself that you are not enough of a poet to call forth its riches; because for the creator there is no poverty and no poor, indifferent place. --Rilke.

User avatar
Tero
Just saying
Posts: 53707
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:50 pm
About me: 8-34-20
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: The thirteenth musical thrill: what are you listening to?

Post by Tero » Mon Sep 21, 2026 1:31 am

http://karireport.blogspot.com/
Inhibition, well, you can fly
Out the window to the clear blue sky
It will mess your suit, it will make you cry
It doesn't matter, give me Mumdane pie

User avatar
aufbahrung
Posts: 3962
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:10 pm
About me: Mostly harmless
Contact:

Re: The thirteenth musical thrill: what are you listening to?

Post by aufbahrung » Mon Sep 21, 2026 5:19 am

“Speed of US Debt Accumulation: The pile is currently expanding by roughly $1 trillion every 76 days..”

User avatar
aufbahrung
Posts: 3962
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:10 pm
About me: Mostly harmless
Contact:

Re: The thirteenth musical thrill: what are you listening to?

Post by aufbahrung » Mon Sep 21, 2026 5:22 am

“Speed of US Debt Accumulation: The pile is currently expanding by roughly $1 trillion every 76 days..”

User avatar
Tero
Just saying
Posts: 53707
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:50 pm
About me: 8-34-20
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: The thirteenth musical thrill: what are you listening to?

Post by Tero » Tue Sep 22, 2026 8:09 pm

http://karireport.blogspot.com/
Inhibition, well, you can fly
Out the window to the clear blue sky
It will mess your suit, it will make you cry
It doesn't matter, give me Mumdane pie

User avatar
rainbow
Posts: 13888
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:10 am
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter
Where ever you are, Goethe was a Poet.
Location: Africa
Contact:

Re: The thirteenth musical thrill: what are you listening to?

Post by rainbow » Wed Sep 23, 2026 7:47 pm

I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

User avatar
Sean Hayden
Microagressor
Posts: 19639
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:55 pm
About me: cool enough
Contact:

Re: The thirteenth musical thrill: what are you listening to?

Post by Sean Hayden » Sat Sep 26, 2026 1:34 pm

I think my barber may have the Shine.

If your everyday life seems poor, don’t blame it; blame yourself; admit to yourself that you are not enough of a poet to call forth its riches; because for the creator there is no poverty and no poor, indifferent place. --Rilke.

User avatar
Sean Hayden
Microagressor
Posts: 19639
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:55 pm
About me: cool enough
Contact:

Re: The thirteenth musical thrill: what are you listening to?

Post by Sean Hayden » Sat Sep 26, 2026 1:46 pm

I think my barber may have the Shine.

If your everyday life seems poor, don’t blame it; blame yourself; admit to yourself that you are not enough of a poet to call forth its riches; because for the creator there is no poverty and no poor, indifferent place. --Rilke.

User avatar
Sean Hayden
Microagressor
Posts: 19639
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:55 pm
About me: cool enough
Contact:

Re: The thirteenth musical thrill: what are you listening to?

Post by Sean Hayden » Sat Sep 26, 2026 1:58 pm

I think my barber may have the Shine.

If your everyday life seems poor, don’t blame it; blame yourself; admit to yourself that you are not enough of a poet to call forth its riches; because for the creator there is no poverty and no poor, indifferent place. --Rilke.

User avatar
Tero
Just saying
Posts: 53707
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:50 pm
About me: 8-34-20
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: The thirteenth musical thrill: what are you listening to?

Post by Tero » Sun Sep 27, 2026 12:04 am



Ringo
http://karireport.blogspot.com/
Inhibition, well, you can fly
Out the window to the clear blue sky
It will mess your suit, it will make you cry
It doesn't matter, give me Mumdane pie

User avatar
Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
Posts: 41347
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:44 am
About me: Ablate me:
Location: Location: Location:
Contact:

Re: The thirteenth musical thrill: what are you listening to?

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Sep 28, 2026 10:35 am

Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT
.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests