Palestine v Israel.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Re: Palestine v Israel.

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:58 pm

aufbahrung wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:50 pm
They'll get nearer the accurate figures after the clowns and goons have stopped killing each other and bystanders - later on. Why worry, it's their major pass time in that part of the world. Good at blood feuds and kicking off like a looney bin on scooby snacks...it's what they do when not Godbothering the world with a higher morality presented by the schizoid God of three religions.
Well I don't disagree that religion and religious identity is a significant factor here, but all you're suggesting is that because the conflict has a religious dimension then there's simply nothing to be done, so we'll just let the IDF continue to prosecute their 'war' on an unarmed civilian population and count the number of dead and orphaned children later. That requires quite a high level of emotional detachment eh?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

aufbahrung

Post by aufbahrung » Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:14 pm

Cambodia didn't end by armed intervention, not before the killing was done anyway...same everywhere, even domestics - nobody intervenes until the hindsight cops arrive...
WeAreAStableCountry

aufbahrung

Post by aufbahrung » Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:33 pm

Definitely too sensitive. People die without justice or dignity all the time. Neither side of the conflict is right to be killing the other, but when as that ever stopped a war. These things have their own travel as I say. Any damn fool can start, takes a cast of thousands to stop the slaughter. Did anyone report the horrors of the Congo war, the ongoing inhumanity in the poorer parts of the third world at the time. Who'd never be able to find the cash to fire thousands of missiles let alone the target to fire at...thought not, go where the money flows...TV cameras.
WeAreAStableCountry

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:19 pm

Maybe. But it’s not much of a leap to assume external pressure can shorten the duration of conflict.

Strontium Dog
About me: Navy Seals are not seals

Post by Strontium Dog » Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:40 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:46 pm
Oh, I'm not looking for the absolute number down to the last corpse or body part. Just SD's ball-park figure from reliable sources. You'll note I said circa this many children dead or orphaned - perhaps the figures are out by 1,000 or 2,000 or whatever. Perhaps the IDF have only killed and orphaned half that amount of children - 5,000 dead and 8,500 orphaned? If SD is so sure the numbers are wrong he'll no doubt swing straight in to help us firm up the actual death toll eh? Or perhaps he's just drive-by trolling?

Even if Hamas's numbers are in the ballpark of correct, the main issue with them is the lack of context.

A 15 year old setting an IED is a child. A 16-year-old with an RPG is a child. A 17-year-old with an AK47 is a child.

Why don't you or anyone else understand that when half your sodding armed forces are made up of minors, then there will inevitably be a significant number of them killed?

This is what is missing from the blood libel "Israel is murdering children". The actual context that many of the so-called children killed are combatants.

There's a real scandal here, and it's Hamas training child soldiers. Not Jews defending themselves against said soldiers.
100% verifiable facts or your money back. Anti-fascist. Enemy of woo - theistic or otherwise. Cloth is not an antiviral. Imagination and fantasy is no substitute for tangible reality. Wishing doesn't make it real.

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Barry Goldwater

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:09 pm

Strontium Dog wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:40 pm
Brian Peacock wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:46 pm
Oh, I'm not looking for the absolute number down to the last corpse or body part. Just SD's ball-park figure from reliable sources. You'll note I said circa this many children dead or orphaned - perhaps the figures are out by 1,000 or 2,000 or whatever. Perhaps the IDF have only killed and orphaned half that amount of children - 5,000 dead and 8,500 orphaned? If SD is so sure the numbers are wrong he'll no doubt swing straight in to help us firm up the actual death toll eh? Or perhaps he's just drive-by trolling?

Even if Hamas's numbers are in the ballpark of correct, the main issue with them is the lack of context.

A 15 year old setting an IED is a child. A 16-year-old with an RPG is a child. A 17-year-old with an AK47 is a child.

Why don't you or anyone else understand that when half your sodding armed forces are made up of minors, then there will inevitably be a significant number of them killed?

This is what is missing from the blood libel "Israel is murdering children". The actual context that many of the so-called children killed are combatants.

There's a real scandal here, and it's Hamas training child soldiers. Not Jews defending themselves against said soldiers.
OK. So some the c.10,000 children dead are child combatants now, and presumably some of the c.17,000 orphaned or separated from their families are the children of combatants. Does that mean the IDF have only killed, say, 5,000 innocent children or orphaned, say, 8,500 children in error? So we've heard your qualification, but how are you quantifying that assertion SD?

I suspect that believing killing children is wrong is only a so-called "blood-libel" to those who seek to justify it.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

aufbahrung

Post by aufbahrung » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:32 pm

Probably mass sterilization via the food aid rations would help in the longer term?
WeAreAStableCountry

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:51 pm

aufbahrung wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:32 pm
Probably mass sterilization via the food aid rations would help in the longer term?
too late in your case
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

aufbahrung

Post by aufbahrung » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:10 pm

rainbow wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:51 pm
aufbahrung wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:32 pm
too late in your case
I try to breed for intelligence not mid-wittery these days - having had thousands of years of practice, doubt the middle east is gonna change its proven formula of world attention seeking. :read:
WeAreAStableCountry

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:37 pm

You'll be saying they're just as bad as Africa and Asia next. :tea:

Frank Zappa

Strontium Dog
About me: Navy Seals are not seals

Post by Strontium Dog » Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:27 am

Brian Peacock wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:09 pm
OK. So some the c.10,000 children dead are child combatants now, and presumably some of the c.17,000 orphaned or separated from their families are the children of combatants. Does that mean the IDF have only killed, say, 5,000 innocent children or orphaned, say, 8,500 children in error? So we've heard your qualification, but how are you quantifying that assertion SD?

I suspect that believing killing children is wrong is only a so-called "blood-libel" to those who seek to justify it.

It's indisputable that a significant proportion of any apparently deceased minors will have been combatants, so much so that one should question the motives of anyone not mentioning it.

You would have to have been living under a rock not to be aware that Hamas indoctrinates children from a very young age to murder Jews. You would have to have been living under a rock not to know that it operates terror training camps for minors. Half the population of Gaza is 18 or under, as if a people with no morals and no scruples is going to ignore that kind of human resource.

I don't much care what age a Hamas terrorist is. There aren't any birth certificates on the battlefield.
100% verifiable facts or your money back. Anti-fascist. Enemy of woo - theistic or otherwise. Cloth is not an antiviral. Imagination and fantasy is no substitute for tangible reality. Wishing doesn't make it real.

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Barry Goldwater

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:24 am

Strontium Dog wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:09 pm

It's indisputable that a significant proportion of any apparently deceased minors will have been combatants
It's also indisputable that a significant proportion of the dead minors are not combatants. Anyone not acknowledging this is likely a supporter of state sanctioned terrorism.

Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:43 am

Deep down, the supporters of current Israeli military actions in Gaza are saying that the Hamas incursion was so horrific that any and all military measures to punish Hamas are justified, no matter what damage is caused to civilians in the process.
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:00 am

Some of them actually want to punish civilians. The Israeli state has become what they hate most - Nazis.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:05 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:00 am
Some of them actually want to punish civilians. The Israeli state has become what they hate most - Nazis.
I would hope that is a small minority of Israelis, but the majority are saying basically that the civilian deaths are an unfortunate side consequence of Hamas being buried within Gaza so that destroying them cannot help but kill civilians...

At the same time I think that some on the left are downplaying the initial Hamas atrocity, almost to the point of saying that it was justified by Israel's past actions...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!