Media Bias

Joe

Re: Media Bias

Post by Joe » Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:30 pm

macdoc wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:14 pm
so tiresome ....get a life :nono:
:this:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:40 pm

I so wish I could to that...
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:51 pm

macdoc wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:14 pm
so tiresome ....get a life :nono:
If you are tired, maybe get some rest. Or improve your fitness to extend your endurance.

But NEVER question government jailing people who say wrongthink. Especially in a thread about media bias, where media is enjoying reporting on the suppression of speech.

THAT'LL never bite them in the ass lol
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Joe

Post by Joe » Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:08 pm

Tiresome doesn't mean tired, and I'm curious why a Canadian thinks he knows enough to second guess an American jury. :bored:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

macdoc
Twitcher

Post by macdoc » Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:59 pm

Tired of your drivel cunt...not alone in that either.
Resident in Cairns Australia Australia> CB300F • Travel photos https://500px.com/p/macdoc?view=galleries

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:09 pm

macdoc wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:59 pm
Tired of your drivel cunt...not alone in that either.
Again, cardio could help you with your tiredness.

If you don't like what I write, there could be other options. I've ignored users, for instance. Also, when someone gets too upset, I ban them for a short vacation.

Which I just did to you. It's to help with your tiredness. I'll respond to you again once I see something interesting you post.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

rasetsu
Ne'er-do-well
About me: Move along. Nothing to see here.

Post by rasetsu » Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:54 pm

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:22 pm

Cunt wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:22 pm
Brian Peacock wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:16 pm
So the government, the justice system, and the general public are all biased against far-right nonsense. Remind me what I'm supposed to be cross about again?
I don't think YOU are.

But people who value freedom of speech (it's a US thing, you wouldn't be allowed it) or people who value equal application of the law, may find it alarming that a joke which tricked NO people into losing their vote, is prosecuted years after the fact.
Meh. Why should I respect the free speech of people who would deny my right to speak freely? A jury found the guy guilty - what about their right to freely form an opinion about his alleged criminality? I don't think you really understand what freedom of speech actually means. :tea:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:58 pm

Who denied you your right to speak freely?

I mean aside from your government...
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:15 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:22 pm
... I don't think you really understand what freedom of speech actually means.
It's a bit, nothing more. The right in the US has been and continues to be committed to restricting speech and ideas that they disagree with. It's the right that are banning books, telling schools they cannot even acknowledge the existence of gay families, telling schools they can't teach history that might make some children 'uncomfortable.' This is not to ignore the restrictions on speech that have been imposed at colleges and universities in an attempt to limit 'hate speech.'

Neither the left nor the right are unequivocally in favor of free speech. Yet when it's a convenient rhetorical cudgel, both will yalp about restrictions they disagree with; weaponization of the concept of free speech. What luck to have a particularly ridiculous example here.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:58 pm

Cunt wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:08 pm
Yes, and if a democrat voter did it, it wouldn't be prosecuted.

When he did it, the situation stewed for 4 years. Then old Joe got into office, and he was immediately arrested.
Equally likely is that Trump influenced the justice department into not prosecuting this guy, and when Joe Biden came in the corrupting influence was removed.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:26 pm

rasetsu wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:54 pm
eggplants a vegetables

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:29 am

The fruit vs vegetable issue is caused by the fact that different domains are involved. In the science of botany, a fruit is a seed-containing plant organ, so tomatoes, pea pods and eggplants qualify. In the culinary domain, the term fruit is usually reserved for the relatively sweet or acidic examples, with examples used in savoury dishes falling into the "vegetable" category.
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:29 pm

L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:15 pm
Brian Peacock wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:22 pm
... I don't think you really understand what freedom of speech actually means.
It's a bit, nothing more. The right in the US has been and continues to be committed to restricting speech and ideas that they disagree with. It's the right that are banning books, telling schools they cannot even acknowledge the existence of gay families, telling schools they can't teach history that might make some children 'uncomfortable.' This is not to ignore the restrictions on speech that have been imposed at colleges and universities in an attempt to limit 'hate speech.'

Neither the left nor the right are unequivocally in favor of free speech. Yet when it's a convenient rhetorical cudgel, both will yalp about restrictions they disagree with; weaponization of the concept of free speech. What luck to have a particularly ridiculous example here.
We've seen exactly this thrown into stark relief in the UK recently, such that despite opinion polls suggesting c.85% of the UK are in favour of a ceasefire in Israel-Palestine, the government, the opposition and the right-leaning press have continued to push Isreal's state narratives. Huge marches through the capital urging the government to call for a ceasefire have been labelled as 'hate marches' or 'terrorist marches' by the govt and its paid-for commentariat, with the very same people who pop up on broadcast news and/or write opinion pieces apparently defending 'freedom of speech' not only remaining stoically silent on protecting the right to protest but actually calling for the marches to be banned and the attendees to be criminalised. For these people 'freedom of speech' is not a deeply held democratic principle but a de facto demand for their views to be given special regard while requiring the views of others must be suppressed and silenced.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:17 pm

It's funny... when the Nazi took power in Germany, they started attacking their neighbours to steal their lands and produre "Lebensraum"

As soon as the war was over, zionist Jews started doing exactly the same inwhat is now Israel...