Scientific Proof Of God

Holy Crap!
Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Re: Scientific Proof Of God

Post by Svartalf » Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:18 pm

supernatural maybe not, but the preternaturally stupid, greedy and malevolent nature of many, certainly.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:08 pm

superuniverse wrote:I challenge you to have the balls to publish your real name...
Steady. :tea:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

superuniverse

Post by superuniverse » Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:22 pm

JimC wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:12 pm
superuniverse wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:28 pm
And no one sees the coming Wrath....

BBC News - Super-rich increase their share of world's income
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59565690

It's all business as usual, or so they think
Social upheaval due to massive wealth inequality and environmental destruction may well be coming, but it has nothing to do with anything supernatural...

Define supernatural. You don't know what you talk about.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:24 pm

Oh yes I do. What I am saying is that the observable universe, which includes humans and their behaviour, can be understood and explained by purely rational and material phenomena. Supernatural explanations are not evidence based, and rely solely on faith and emotion. I reject any such nonsense absolutely - it is a hangover from our past, when natural phenomena such as lightning and thunder (now fully explained by purely material mechanisms) had to be attributed to agency such as a god. It is time to move on from the childhood of the human race...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:18 pm

We are the third rock orbiting around a third rate star on the edge of galaxy which is just one of many untold millions that make up this single universe which according to latest knowledge is just one of untold universes.
He still thinks like those goat herders the heaven is supported by pillars. You FOOL as Carl Sagan said "there are more planets in the universe as all the corals of sand of all the beaches on earth".
Just think FOOL, just fucking think. This planet has fuck all worth. If we blow it up or destroy it wtf will the universe feel it. It will be a hic. A fart in evolution terms.
But idiots like you FOOL try to add other values to this rock of nothing. Make it something special. Well it is not. It is worth fuck all but of course you cant handle that.
Just FO will you.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

superuniverse

Post by superuniverse » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:22 pm

JimC wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:24 pm
Oh yes I do. What I am saying is that the observable universe, which includes humans and their behaviour, can be understood and explained by purely rational and material phenomena. Supernatural explanations are not evidence based, and rely solely on faith and emotion. I reject any such nonsense absolutely - it is a hangover from our past, when natural phenomena such as lightning and thunder (now fully explained by purely material mechanisms) had to be attributed to agency such as a god. It is time to move on from the childhood of the human race...

And become boring alcoholic old men like yourself...

superuniverse

Post by superuniverse » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:24 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:18 pm
We are the third rock orbiting around a third rate star on the edge of galaxy which is just one of many untold millions that make up this single universe which according to latest knowledge is just one of untold universes.
He still thinks like those goat herders the heaven is supported by pillars. You FOOL as Carl Sagan said "there are more planets in the universe as all the corals of sand of all the beaches on earth".
Just think FOOL, just fucking think. This planet has fuck all worth. If we blow it up or destroy it wtf will the universe feel it. It will be a hic. A fart in evolution terms.
But idiots like you FOOL try to add other values to this rock of nothing. Make it something special. Well it is not. It is worth fuck all but of course you cant handle that.
Just FO will you.
You are the really tiny minority, FOOL

And that's why you're such easy targets...

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:26 pm

:funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:
Come on FOOL who is the minority? Not me.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:15 am

Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

superuniverse

Post by superuniverse » Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:44 am

JimC wrote:
So something that does not currently exist in the natural world such as Utopia would be supernatural?

superuniverse

Post by superuniverse » Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:17 am

I was thinking of trying an experiment on some of you...

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:30 am

superuniverse wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:44 am
JimC wrote:
So something that does not currently exist in the natural world such as Utopia would be supernatural?
utopia
NOUN
an imagined place or state of things in which everything is perfect
Thanks to human imagination, there are myriads of imagined places. Narnia, Middle Earth, the list goes on. Imaginary is a different category to supernatural.

I enjoy reading about them, but, not being delusional, at the same time I know they do not exist in the same sense as places in the real world...
And my gin!

superuniverse

Post by superuniverse » Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:28 am

JimC wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:30 am
superuniverse wrote:
JimC wrote:
utopia
NOUN
Thanks to human imagination, there are myriads of imagined places. Narnia, Middle Earth, the list goes on. Imaginary is a different category to supernatural.

I enjoy reading about them, but, not being delusional, at the same time I know they do not exist in the same sense as places in the real world...

So supernatural would be anything that doesn't currently exist in the natural world?

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:46 am

Specifically, something made up by humans; a fantasy, but one that deluded humans think is real, but separate from the material world. Fairies, ghosts, spirits, gods, whatever; not fictional creations that the writer and reader know to be amusing or entertaining stories, but supposedly real. Real to the deluded, that is...
And my gin!

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:54 am

superuniverse wrote:
JimC wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:30 am
superuniverse wrote:
JimC wrote:
utopia
NOUN

So supernatural would be anything that doesn't currently exist in the natural world?
Super = above, over, on the top (of), beyond, besides, in addition to.
Natural = existing in or derived from nature; not made or caused by humankind.

Equivocate = use ambiguous language so as to conceal the truth or avoid committing oneself.

:tea:

Frank Zappa