The Coronavirus Thread

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: The Coronavirus Thread

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:36 am

The only thing there that actually relates to being obese is getting a more severe case. Does that equate to greater spread?
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:34 am

Yes, of course.

It also is true that they are more likely to be indoors.

They also consume more, so have to make more trips to the store, more contacts.

Look, it is a BIG risk factor, so not losing weight is like deliberately disrespecting the health care system in its time of increased need.
Having obesity, defined as a body mass index (BMI) between 30 kg/m2 and <40 kg/m2 or severe obesity (BMI of 40 kg/m2 or above), increases your risk of severe illness from COVID-19. Having overweight, defined as a BMI > 25 kg/m2 but less than 30 kg/m2 might increase your risk of severe illness from COVID-19.

Actions to take

Take your prescription medicines for overweight, obesity or severe obesity exactly as prescribed.
Make sure that you have at least a 30-day supply of your medicines.
Follow your healthcare provider’s recommendations for nutrition and physical activity, while maintaining social distancing precautions.
Call your healthcare provider if you have concerns or feel sick.
If you don’t have a healthcare provider, contact your nearest community health centerexternal icon or health department.
That from CDC, and shouldn't need to be quoted...
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:39 am

Cunt wrote:Yes, of course.

Citation required.

Citation required.

Citation required.

These are great 'just so' stories, but may or may not have any basis in reality.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:39 am

Show me on this doll where the fat man touched you...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:17 am

Cunt wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:34 am
Yes, of course.

Look, it is a BIG risk factor, so not losing weight is like deliberately disrespecting the health care system in its time of increased need.
Having obesity, defined as a body mass index (BMI) between 30 kg/m2 and <40 kg/m2 or severe obesity (BMI of 40 kg/m2 or above), increases your risk of severe illness from COVID-19. Having overweight, defined as a BMI > 25 kg/m2 but less than 30 kg/m2 might increase your risk of severe illness from COVID-19.

Actions to take

Take your prescription medicines for overweight, obesity or severe obesity exactly as prescribed.
Make sure that you have at least a 30-day supply of your medicines.
Follow your healthcare provider’s recommendations for nutrition and physical activity, while maintaining social distancing precautions.
Call your healthcare provider if you have concerns or feel sick.
If you don’t have a healthcare provider, contact your nearest community health centerexternal icon or health department.
That from CDC, and shouldn't need to be quoted...
You wrote
Cunt wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:53 am
Obesity multiplies the spreading of this disease, AND the severity.
Obesity might increase the likelihood of infection to some extent or another, but multiply? If that were the case there'd have to be some pretty solid statistics available in support. Like the statistics showing that in the time 204 deaths involving Covid-19 occurred in the 0-18 year age bracket and another 1684 in the 18-29 bracket, 133,557 people in the 75-84 bracket and 151,344 people aged 85 and over died from the same causes. That's from the CDC's Table one here. I could not find a statistical correlation between obesity and Covid-19 related morbidity. Can you? I'll wait. If you forget, I'll remind you. Or you could admit right now you just made the whole thing up because the idea harmonises with the rest of your mindset.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:58 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:10 pm
rainbow wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:01 am
Scot Dutchy wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:04 pm
Fernland going over the top AGAIN!

New Zealand: Auckland to go into seven-day Covid lockdown
Restrictions in country’s biggest city to be imposed after single Covid case of unknown origin was recorded

New Zealand’s prime minister, Jacinda Ardern, said the country’s biggest city, Auckland, will go into a seven-day lockdown from early morning on Sunday after a new local case of the coronavirus of unknown origin emerged.

It comes two weeks after Auckland’s nearly 2 million residents were plunged into a snap three-day lockdown when a family of three were diagnosed with the more transmissible UK variant of coronavirus.

Health officials, who could not immediately confirm how the person got infected, said genome sequencing of the new infection was under way. The patient developed symptoms on Tuesday and is regarded as having been potentially infectious since Sunday, officials said. The person visited several public venues during that period.

“Based on this, we are in the unfortunate but necessary position to protect Aucklanders again,” Ardern said, announcing the lockdown.

Health authorities were trying to find out whether the new case was linked to the earlier February cluster, now at 12 infections.
From the sublime to the ...
Not really. If other countries had taken the NZ approach, we'd've beaten the Covid by now.

It's the twat countries that let it spread and mutate.
Fernland is almost unique in the world. It is tiny in population living in a relative large land mass that is naturally divided. No other country was so geographically situated to be able to react to the virus as Fernland but they still are unable to get completely virus free which says a lot about the measures they are taking.
Any country can close their borders. Nonsense argument.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:02 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:39 am

Citation required.

Citation required.

Citation required.

These are great 'just so' stories, but may or may not have any basis in reality.
To get fat, you MUST consume more food. It's pretty well understood science.

Consuming more calories means more...well, everything.

I see Hermit has a point to make though, so I'll just let him have it. Obesity is not a problem. Fat folk are not more likely to be indoors, they consume the same or less amount of food than their lean counterparts.

They don't get virus infections more often, either.

Nope, it's perfectly covid-sensible to be obese and protected from criticism.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:28 am

Cunt wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:02 am
pErvinalia wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:39 am

Citation required.

Citation required.

Citation required.

To get fat, you MUST consume more food. It's pretty well understood science.

Consuming more calories means more...well, everything.

I see Hermit has a point to make though, so I'll just let him have it. Obesity is not a problem. Fat folk are not more likely to be indoors, they consume the same or less amount of food than their lean counterparts.

They don't get virus infections more often, either.

Nope, it's perfectly covid-sensible to be obese and protected from criticism.
Well, if you are right with your assertion that "Obesity multiplies the spreading of this disease, AND the severity", there will be statistics that back you up just like there are statistics bearing out the assertion that the death rate among old people is a multiple of that among the young. If there are not, maybe your logic is not as watertight as you imagine.

Fat people might spread the Coronavirus somewhat less by staying indoors than people who are more active. And instead of going out more often to buy more food they might just buy larger quantities on the fewer occasions they find the motivation to get their lardarse through the front door of their abode. Your just so stories are not as convincing as you wish them to be.

Disclaimer: At 182 centimetres in height, of medium build and weighing 102 kilograms I am obese. I do all my shopping once every 8 to 10 days. Before the epidemic I used to go shopping every three or four days. I have not gone to a hairdresser for a year, and I will not have my hair cut until after I have been vaccinated. I topped up the 40 litre tank of my car last January and at the rate I'm using it I may not need to top it up again for another year or more. Even obese people can pull their weight, so to speak, when it comes to reducing the likelihood of spreading the Coronavirus.

Stop talking out of your arse.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:45 am

All bodies are beautiful. Even the ones with so much fat, they can't help but react defensively to any rational assessment of adipose tissue as it relates to health and health care.

I can't believe I had the gall to suggest that being a fatter body needs more medicine, more food and more everything else (from clothing to water) just to survive. Imagine it was that dislike of waste, and how environmentally irresponsible it is to waste food by eating more than one needs.

I'm fat now, but I'm just going to let it accumulate. It's not like it's bad for the health care system, or myself. Fuck pullups. Hobby of short dudes.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:02 am

Cunt wrote:
I can't believe I had the gall to suggest that being a fatter body needs more medicine, more food and more everything else (from clothing to water) just to survive.
I can't believe you had the gall to imply that we disagree with this. It's all just empty rhetoric with you, isn't it?

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:27 am

Cunt wrote:All bodies are beautiful. Even the ones with so much fat, they can't help but react defensively to any rational assessment of adipose tissue as it relates to health and health care.

I can't believe I had the gall to suggest that being a fatter body needs more medicine, more food and more everything else (from clothing to water) just to survive. Imagine it was that dislike of waste, and how environmentally irresponsible it is to waste food by eating more than one needs.

I'm fat now, but I'm just going to let it accumulate. It's not like it's bad for the health care system, or myself. Fuck pullups. Hobby of short dudes.
It was the fact that you implied a comorbidity somehow attracts the virus, and that it made the individual more infectious and therefore more dangerous to the rest of us. The expression of the disease in individuals is not related to the infectiousness of the virus or its spread within the population.

Vilifying fatties for putting the rest of us at greater risk is simply punching down on a vulnerable group and is no more reasonable or justified than blaming any other demographic that has done badly during the pandemic - the old, men, or the BAME community for example.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:38 am

rainbow wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:58 am
Scot Dutchy wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:10 pm
rainbow wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:01 am
Scot Dutchy wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:04 pm
Fernland going over the top AGAIN!

New Zealand: Auckland to go into seven-day Covid lockdown
Restrictions in country’s biggest city to be imposed after single Covid case of unknown origin was recorded

New Zealand’s prime minister, Jacinda Ardern, said the country’s biggest city, Auckland, will go into a seven-day lockdown from early morning on Sunday after a new local case of the coronavirus of unknown origin emerged.

It comes two weeks after Auckland’s nearly 2 million residents were plunged into a snap three-day lockdown when a family of three were diagnosed with the more transmissible UK variant of coronavirus.

Health officials, who could not immediately confirm how the person got infected, said genome sequencing of the new infection was under way. The patient developed symptoms on Tuesday and is regarded as having been potentially infectious since Sunday, officials said. The person visited several public venues during that period.

“Based on this, we are in the unfortunate but necessary position to protect Aucklanders again,” Ardern said, announcing the lockdown.

Health authorities were trying to find out whether the new case was linked to the earlier February cluster, now at 12 infections.
From the sublime to the ...
Not really. If other countries had taken the NZ approach, we'd've beaten the Covid by now.

It's the twat countries that let it spread and mutate.
Fernland is almost unique in the world. It is tiny in population living in a relative large land mass that is naturally divided. No other country was so geographically situated to be able to react to the virus as Fernland but they still are unable to get completely virus free which says a lot about the measures they are taking.
Any country can close their borders. Nonsense argument.
Of course the great expert. Try closing a European country's borders; even the Nazis failed. In the 50's smuggling was a great past time. Once again an arse pull?
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:59 am

Vietnam did it.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:17 am

Cunt wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:45 am
All bodies are beautiful.
Mine is not. Not any more. My "body beautiful" took leave of me many years before I acquired excess body fat.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:22 am

Brian Peacock wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:59 am
Vietnam did it.
Fairy country.