Republicans: continued

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Re: Republicans: continued

Post by Seabass » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:51 pm

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:17 pm

(CNN) Something was different at CPAC 2020.

Sure, Fox News and the NRA were in their regular spots between booths full of "deplorable" hammocks, Donald Trump nutcrackers and a life-size statue of the President, made of nails and posed as Superman.

But in the middle of this year's Conservative Political Action Conference, the booth cocking the most eyebrows was focused on climate change -- not as something to deny or mock -- but as a crisis to fight. With taxes!

O'Brien and Backer embody the latest polling from organizations like the Pew Research Center that found that while less than a third of Republican Boomers think the government isn't doing enough on climate change, over half of young Republicans do. And 78% of Republicans from the millennial generation and younger say the US should prioritize renewable energy over fossil fuel.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/03/06/poli ... index.html
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:56 pm

Republican wanted 2.5 billion bill instead
5952E1D5-B080-42DB-94E0-44A036F65DF9.jpeg

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:34 pm

But tell me again how Democrats are as bad as Republicans...

Erik Prince Recruited Ex-Spies to Help Project Veritas Infiltrate Left-Wing Groups: NYT

Erik Prince, a contractor with close links to the Trump administration, reportedly helped recruit former British and American spies for the conservative activist group Project Veritas in an attempt to infiltrate left-wing groups, The New York Times reported Saturday. Prince, former CEO of the private security company Blackwater, is the brother of Education Secretary Betsy DeVos and was previously an informal adviser to President Donald Trump. According to the Times, one of the former spies he recruited, an ex-MI6 officer, copied files and recorded conversations in a Michigan office of the American Federation of Teachers, one of the largest teachers’ unions in the nation. The same spy was later tasked with infiltrating the campaign of Congresswoman Abigail Spanberger (D-CA).

Both operations were run by Project Veritas, a group famous for conducting stings on news organizations, Democratic congressional campaigns and labor organizations who are opposed to the Trump administration. The head of Project Veritas declined the Times’ request for comment but stated “no one tells Project Veritas who or what to investigate” as a news organization. A spokesman for Prince also declined to comment.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/erik-prin ... yt-reports
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/07/us/p ... ritas.html
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:33 pm

It seems a high-level white house staffer posted a key phrase which seems connected to...oh nevermind, it's probably just a larp, by some basement-dwelling russian troll neckbeard.
('Nothing can stop what is coming' tweet)
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:22 am

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:40 am

GOP LAWMAKER WHO VOTED AGAINST PAID SICK LEAVE IN FLORIDA TAKES PAID LEAVE FROM CONGRESS

REP. MATT GAETZ, R-Fla., decided to self-quarantine this week after coming in contact with an individual who tested positive for a novel coronavirus, which causes the disease Covid-19, at the Conservative Political Action Conference late last month.

But Gaetz’s decision to take time away from his job at Congress without the fear of losing pay or being fired is a right few Americans share. In fact, Gaetz voted to prohibit Florida residents from sharing that right.

Gaetz’s office did not respond to a request for comment. The lawmaker has since tested negative for the SARS-CoV-2 virus but is continuing to self-quarantine “in an abundance of caution.” Members of Congress get paid a salary of $174,000 or more no matter what. They do not have to vote or be present in D.C., and Gaetz has missed votes all week.

Gaetz initially sought medical treatment from the Capitol’s Office of Attending Physician, the in-house government health clinic for high-level federal officials, alongside two other lawmakers, Reps. Mark Meadows, R-N.C., and Doug Collins, R-Ga., who also attended CPAC.

Despite the national push for Americans to practice social distancing to curb spread of the coronavirus, many workers do not have the option to take paid sick leave or work remotely, and must continue to travel to work.

Workers in many industrialized countries have paid sick leave, a right that has been opposed by business interests in the U.S. for decades. Over the last 10 years, many Americans have in fact lost the right for paid sick leave as corporate interests groups have pushed to roll back the right of local governments to enact paid sick leave policies.

In 2013, then-Gov. Rick Scott signed Gaetz-backed preemption legislation that barred every city and county in Florida from enacting paid sick leave legislation. Disney World, Darden Restaurants, and the Florida Chamber of Commerce promoted the Florida preemption effort.

The Florida law was part of a national drive by industry that began as a reaction to an ordinance in San Francisco. In 2006, voters in San Francisco passed a referendum that required employers to provide paid medical leave for workers, a decision that sparked a movement across the country as other cities developed similar policies. The counterassault from the business lobby came a few years later, as Republicans began making electoral gains after the 2010 midterms.

In 2011, then-Gov. Scott Walker signed a preemption bill into law in Wisconsin designed to override the 2008 Milwaukee ordinance providing paid sick days to workers. Later that year, the American Legislative Exchange Council, a lobbyist-run group that develops template legislation, championed the Walker legislation as a key policy that other states should emulate.

The ALEC committee tasked with leading the charge on banning local paid sick leave was headed by a lobbyist from Yum! Brands, the company that owns Kentucky Fried Chicken and Taco Bell.

In states across the country, the ALEC legislation spread, with Republican-controlled legislative chambers rapidly passing laws to preempt paid sick leave. All told, business lobbying groups have pushed 22 states to enact preemption laws to make local city and county paid sick ordinances illegal.

continued: https://theintercept.com/2020/03/12/mat ... ronavirus/

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:59 am

The lack of paid sick leave will now proceed to bite America on the bum. Low paid workers, living hand-to-mouth on their pittance will go to work with mild to moderate symptoms because they can't afford to do anything else.

And Gaetz, of course, is a hypocritical scumbag...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:29 am

As I said before in America they dont have a clue about numbers of virus cases. People cant even afford the test.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:41 pm

That's why we're fucked.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:24 am

Natural selection. If you can't afford the test, you deserve to die!
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:02 pm

The coronavirus bill is apparently about...ABORTION!
According to conservative media, some top Republicans believed a stipulation in the House bill requiring the government to reimburse private laboratories doing coronavirus testing could effectively overturn the Hyde Amendment by establishing a government funding stream not subject to the restrictions. In response, anti-choice lawmakers insisted on including language in the legislation that would reaffirm the principles of the amendment.

When Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell announced on Thursday that negotiations over the coronavirus response bill would go
into next week, he accused House Speaker Nancy Pelosi of turning the legislation into an “ideological wish list.”

“Instead of focusing on immediate relief to affected individuals, families and businesses, the House Democrats chose to wander into various areas of policy that are barely related if at all to the issue before us,” McConnell said.

Yet it is often Republicans who use unrelated legislation as a vehicle for their anti-abortion agenda. And it’s not the first time they’ve used legislation tied to public health emergencies to do it: Amid the spread of the Zika virus in 2016, anti-choice lawmakers added a caveat blocking Planned Parenthood health care providers from accessing any of the designated emergency funds.

Conservative lawmakers also tried to wedged a sneaky anti-abortion provision into Trump’s 2017 tax plan, giving expectant parents the option of creating a college savings account before their child is even born. The measure included fetal personhood language, referring to fetuses as “unborn children,” and defining “unborn child” as any “child in utero.”
vice.com/en_us/article/4ag55g/republicans-coronavirus-emergency-legislation-abortion-restrictions?utm_source=reddit.com

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:27 pm

Republicans refusing to give anyone more than 500 dollars a day in sick leave pay. Still fiddling with small businesses.
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/03/17/poli ... index.html

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:10 pm

Seriously, has no one stolen this thing yet? --these are boring times indeed :sigh:

Joe

Post by Joe » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:05 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:10 pm
Seriously, has no one stolen this thing yet? --these are boring times indeed :sigh:
Yeah, what's this country coming to?
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake