BREXIT! BREXIT! BREXIT!

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Re: BREXIT! BREXIT! BREXIT!

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:09 pm

Threatening to dump his deal now - and after he was telling us what a beautify deal... one of the best deals... the best deal ever in the history of deals... an'all.

Meanwhile...

The Scottish Court of Sessions dismissed a government petition to strike the ongoing proceedings in supervision of Boris' obligations under the Benn act if/when Parliament fails to agree on his deal.

Rees-Mogg has been busy carrying out the government's agenda on Twitter to let everyone know that criticising the lack of a government risk assessment of their own deal, as some Tories and former Tories have been pointing out, is an evil plot to try and force Remain through the back door.

Business leaders have written to the Brexit secretary Michael "no expert" Gove warning him that the government's pursuit of a hard-Brexit is ignoring business concerns and that a complete and irrevocable breakaway from EU regulation will create a 'gold rush' that will see UK businesses undercut by foreign competitors. Like, "D'ur!" Of course - that's kinda the point.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:42 am

Brian Peacock wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:09 pm
Threatening to dump his deal now - and after he was telling us what a beautify deal... one of the best deals... the best deal ever in the history of deals... an'all.
...except there never was any intention in going ahead will this 'deal'.

That is the Cunning part of the Plan. Force an early election and blame parliament for the delay.
Don't you read your Daily Express?
Meanwhile he is still hoping to get that pillock in Hungary to veto an extension.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:47 am

He sounds like his boss in Washington.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:51 am

An oldish article but relevant:

UK's richest man moves to Monaco to 'save £4bn in tax'
Brexiter Sir Jim Ratcliffe’s company Ineos is reportedly working with PricewaterhouseCoopers to reduce bill

Alan B

Post by Alan B » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:38 pm

ATAD2?
Absolute faith corrupts as absolutely as absolute power - Eric Hoffer.
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer proof nor do I have to determine absence of proof because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.

Alan B

Post by Alan B » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:45 pm

You can download a PDF of WAB here:
Parliament Bills

and Bojo expected this to be debated in 'a couple of days'? Moron. Doubly so since he thinks the rest of us are too thick to see through his little game.

I've tried to read through it and it seems to me it is deliberately obscurantist in its approach - but then I'm a 'thickie' when it comes to 'official' documents...

Edit. The WAB Explanetory Notes PDF here
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer proof nor do I have to determine absence of proof because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:53 pm

Pity our Conservative MPs, forced to go on strike to protect their way of life

It was the worst of times, it was the worst of times. On the one hand, inflatable reservist Mark Francois MP has previously promised that we will leave the EU on 31 October, or “this country will explode”. On the other hand, Devon-based extremist Katie Hopkins has previously tweeted that we will leave the EU on 31 October, or “I will drink a pot of tea naked in the Apprentice losers cafe with Farage’s face on each nipple.”

We will not be leaving the EU on 31 October.

According to some reports, Brexit coins minted with the 31 October date “could be worth up to £800”. So could €1 coins, soon enough. Still, the cabinet hoarding the misprinted Brexit coins to pay for their skiing holidays would be an irony we could all get behind.

If you’re keeping track of the accounts, Boris Johnson has just blown £100m on an ad campaign insisting the UK was leaving on 31 October, even though the chances of this were always so slim they amounted to Conservative party election positioning. Given that seven months ago the prime minister was describing £60m spent on the historical sex abuse inquiry as money “spaffed up a wall”, it’s important that you get his Brexit ads in perspective. They were complete bollocks, and at the same time almost twice as valued as investigating mass institutionalised child rape. It’s a very exciting branding space for the Tories to be in.

Strange to think that, in another timeline, we would all currently be pooling our corned beef and lightbulbs in anticipation of Theresa May’s planned Festival of Brexit. Instead, we’re waiting to see whether the French will give us an election. Yesterday, Boris Johnson told MPs in the Commons tea room that he had asked the French to block the Brexit extension request. In a documentary filmed when he was foreign secretary, Johnson told the cameras that the French were “turds”. So it will be interesting to see which version of our friends and partners turns up. What’s the French for, “You want picking up in the morning, pal?”...

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... is-johnson
:whistle:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Alan B

Post by Alan B » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:41 pm

BBC
Brexit: European leaders agree extension to 31 January
EU leaders have agreed in principle to extend Brexit until 31 January 2020 - meaning the UK will not leave as planned on Thursday.
EU Council President Donald Tusk said it was a "flextension" - meaning the UK could leave before the deadline if a deal was approved by Parliament.
It comes as MPs prepare to vote on proposals by Boris Johnson for an early general election on 12 December.
The SNP and Lib Dems have also proposed an election on 9 December.
A No 10 source said the government would introduce a bill "almost identical" to the Lib Dem/SNP option on Tuesday if Labour voted their plan down later, and "we will have a pre-Christmas election anyway".
The UK was due to leave the EU on Thursday, but Mr Johnson was required to request an extension after Parliament failed to agree a Brexit deal.
The prime minister had repeatedly said the UK would leave on 31 October deadline with or without a deal, but the law - known as the Benn Act - requires him to accept the EU's extension offer.
Er, now what?

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:55 pm

Dead in a ditch.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:39 pm

...or in a bitch...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:48 pm

that's Attila the Hun, died at 60 on his wedding night after marrying a barely nubile Gothic princess
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:21 pm

Yeah I vote for the 'dead in a ditch' option.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:40 pm

he oughtta take it, would be a service to the nation.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:08 am

The farce is becoming even more farcical:

Brexit: Boris Johnson abandons bill in new push for December election
PM in bid to get Lib Dems and SNP to agree poll date before Christmas

Boris Johnson will abandon attempts to push his Brexit bill through this parliament in a bid to get the Liberal Democrats and the SNP to agree to an election before Christmas – although the parties are still in dispute over the potential date.

The prime minister failed on Monday to get the votes of two-thirds of MPs he needed to secure an election under existing laws, after opposition parties largely abstained.

However, he said he would table a short bill on Tuesday that would change the law in order to hold a poll on 12 December. He would only need a simple majority for this plan, so an election could be achieved with the backing of the Lib Dems or the Scottish National party.

Johnson told the House of Commons: “We will not allow this paralysis to continue, and one way or another we must proceed straight to an election. The government will give notice of presentation for a short bill for an election on 12 December so we can finally get Brexit done. This House cannot any longer keep this country hostage.”

Alan B

Post by Alan B » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:06 pm

John Bercow for PM! :prof: