Republicans: continued

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Re: Republicans: continued

Post by JimC » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:35 am

"Forgive them, Father, for they know not what they do..."

Quoting scripture again... :Jack:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:20 am

The Republican party in 2019:
Mississippi politician says female reporter must be accompanied by a male
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mississipp ... interview/

A Republican candidate for Mississippi governor has refused to be interviewed by a female journalist unless she brings along a male colleague. Mississippi Today journalist Larrison Campbell said she requested to accompany candidate Robert Foster on a 15-hour "ride along" campaign trip ahead of the August 6 primary, but was denied because she is a woman.

According to Campbell, Foster's campaign director, Colton Robison, said she could not be alone in a car with Foster because "they believed the optics of the candidate with a woman, even a working reporter, could be used in a smear campaign to insinuate an extramarital affair."

Robison apparently told her the campaign "can't risk it" this close to the primary. They repeatedly told her they were worried about a smear campaign against Foster.

Foster confirmed his decision with a tweet Tuesday night. "Before our decision to run, my wife and I made a commitment to follow the 'Billy Graham Rule,' which is to avoid any situation that may evoke suspicion or compromise of our marriage," he tweeted.

It's the same "rule" brought into the spotlight by Vice President Mike Pence, who said he would not eat alone with any woman who is not his wife.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:01 am

American Taliban.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:02 am

They are edging closer to being the practical equivalent of fundamentalist muslims...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:37 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:01 am
American Taliban.
Hey, he promised his wife - so it can't be sexist.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:39 pm

I'm sure there's a perfectly innocent explanation for this, but I'm not going to bother rummaging around in the conservative apologist rabbit hole to find it.

'Colin Kaepernick's skin appears darkened in Republican campaign fundraiser ad'
Former NFL star Colin Kaepernick did not look like himself in a fundraising email that was sent by the National Republican Congressional Committee on Wednesday. The message included a picture of Kaepernick that appeared noticeably altered to make his skin darker, an attack ad tactic that has been used before and is considered by many as racist.

One Democratic operative who saw the NRCC’s Kaepernick ad described it as “disgusting.”

“House Republicans are running on racism, plain and simple. It’s disgusting, it’s offensive and it should be fireable, but there’s no accountability in the Republican Party,” the operative said.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:08 pm

Meh. Just a colour balance issue which could be explained by monitor setup or format swapping. There's less red in the image as a whole - look at the guy top-left. The troubling thing is the insinuation that it's unpatriotic to protest injustice - as if the true patriot not only embraces injustice, but celebrates it.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:16 pm

The troubling thing is the insinuation that it's unpatriotic to protest injustice - as if the true patriot not only embraces injustice, but celebrates it.
Yep, deep as soup spoons this lot.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:30 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:08 pm
Meh. Just a colour balance issue which could be explained by monitor setup or format swapping. There's less red in the image as a whole - look at the guy top-left. The troubling thing is the insinuation that it's unpatriotic to protest injustice - as if the true patriot not only embraces injustice, but celebrates it.
Yes, the basic message is standard right-wing branding of any (non-right-wing) protest as 'unpatriotic'--blatant bullshit aimed at the Trumpist/Fox News demographic. However, I'm not buying the 'colour balance' explanation because the image was manipulated for more than just colour balance. It's obvious that the brightness was adjusted as well. I don't believe it was inadvertent.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:41 pm

L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:30 pm
Brian Peacock wrote:
Yes, the basic message is standard right-wing branding of any (non-right-wing) protest as 'unpatriotic'--blatant bullshit aimed at the Trumpist/Fox News demographic. However, I'm not buying the 'colour balance' explanation because the image was manipulated for more than just colour balance. It's obvious that the brightness was adjusted as well. I don't believe it was inadvertent.
If you want to say that Republicans are basically race-obsessed idiots who would absolutely stoop that low then I won't disavow you. :D

Frank Zappa

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:25 am

5D1C58D4-23C9-484A-ADEE-C60570A98518.png
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:45 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:41 pm
If you want to say that Republicans are basically race-obsessed idiots who would absolutely stoop that low then I won't disavow you
L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:30 pm
Brian Peacock wrote:
If you want to say that Republicans are basically race-obsessed idiots who would absolutely stoop that low then I won't disavow you. :D
broadcasting one's disdain for another member like this, while encouraging others to be equally disdainful and calling them a cunt, is really taking things too far, and if repeated too often basically adds to a form of harassment.
Good thing you've chased away anyone who doesn't agree with you, or you might have to call them race-obsessed idiots.

You are hilarious. I LOVE watching you calcify around your opinion. Keep at it though, I almost believe that you really do think 'orange man bad'.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:08 pm

3/10. Could do better.

Frank Zappa

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:36 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:08 pm
3/10. Could do better.
To be honest, I didn't take the time it deserved. Thanks for the honesty.

So where has Forty Two been? Things here were more interesting with him around.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:38 pm

I don't know. Why not PM him?

Frank Zappa