Extinction Rebellion

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Re: Extinction Rebellion

Post by Cunt » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:49 pm

PsychoSerenity wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:42 pm
I think there should be a conspiracy theory, that prominent climate change deniers are actually aliens who have infiltrated governments and the fossil fuel industry in order to terraform (or actually xenoform) our planet so they can take over. Prove me wrong climate "skeptics".
For a story like that, you would want a clear 'point of no return', so our hero could pull out all the stops.

Climate changes, has for the history of the earth. The Chicken Little story is a bit more recent though.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:10 pm

Some times it's a Chicken Little story and sometimes it's a fact that's pointless to resist, apparently. :tea:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:37 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:10 pm
Chicken Little
There there, don't be sad.

Or do, I don't give a shit.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:07 pm

Cunt wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:37 pm
sad
🌈
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:14 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:07 pm
Cunt wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:37 pm
sad
🌈
Signal your virtue hard enough, and Scot Dutchy might say something nice about you.

Maybe bash Trump a bit, too. He likes that.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:59 pm

Run along now. 🏃

Frank Zappa

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:23 pm

Have Been Disappearing 500 Times Faster Than Normal, Thanks to Humans
Read more: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-ne ... gh8CCfC.99
Give the gift of Smithsonian magazine for only $12! http://bit.ly/1cGUiGv
Follow us: @SmithsonianMag on Twitter
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:24 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:59 pm
Run along now. 🏃
If you took your own advice here, your heart would improve, and we wouldn't have to skip over your incoherent regurgitation of Scot Dutchy and his thoughtful espousings.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:24 pm

Alaska in March is supposed to be cold. Along the north and west coasts, the ocean should be frozen farther than the eye can see. In the state’s interior, rivers should be locked in ice so thick that they double as roads for snowmobiles and trucks. And where I live, near Anchorage in south-central Alaska, the snowpack should be deep enough to support skiing for weeks to come. But this year, a record-breaking heatwave upended norms and had us basking in comfortable—but often unsettling—warmth.

Across Alaska, March temperatures averaged 11 degrees Celsius above normal. The deviation was most extreme in the Arctic where, on March 30, thermometers rose almost 22 degrees Celsius above normal—to 3 degrees. That still sounds cold, but it was comparatively hot.
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science- ... E4KKMRB51k
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:27 pm

With Record Temperature In 4 Cities, This Is The Worst Heatwave Ever
https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.ndtv.co ... ai-rum=off

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:28 pm

The sky sure is falling. I'm suitably panicked. Can we just elect globalists now, and get rid of all the white countries? Obviously, white westerners are the problem...
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:30 pm

Climate change: sea level rise could displace millions of people within two generations
https://skepticalscience.com/SLR-could- ... lions.html

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:31 pm

Political lobbying in the US that helped block the progress of proposed climate regulation a decade ago led to a social cost of $60bn, according to a new study.

Environmental economists Dr Kyle Meng and Dr Ashwin Rode have produced what they believe is the first attempt to quantify the toll such anti-climate lobbying efforts take on society.

The pair say their work reveals the power firms can have in curtailing government action on climate change, in the face of “overwhelming evidence” that its social benefits outweigh the costs, which range from reduced farming yields to lower GDP.
https://skepticalscience.com/lobbying-a ... -60bn.html

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:32 pm

State of the climate: Heat across Earth’s surface and oceans mark early 2019
https://www.carbonbrief.org/state-of-th ... early-2019

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:35 pm

Effects of Global Warming
Posted on 3 June 2019 by Riduna
Why are young – and not so young – people becoming more vociferous in their protests about global warming? Why has climate change become a political and partisan issue at democratic elections? Why do ‘greenies’ try to stop the development of new coal mines and call for speedier reduction of our greenhouse gas emissions? The answer is that the effects of greenhouse gas emissions, particularly Carbon Dioxide (CO2), are becoming increasingly evident and dangerous – although relatively mild at present, compared to what they could soon become.

Much is being said about the cost of reducing greenhouse gas emissions in terms of lost jobs, lost income and harm to national and global economies but we hear relatively little about the catastrophic consequences of not reducing emissions. Prioritising short term profit and ideology ahead of emissions reduction will inevitably result in an uncontrollable, unpredictable and destructive climate resulting in socio-economic collapse.
https://skepticalscience.com/Global-War ... fects.html