All Things Trump: Is it over yet?

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Re: All Things Trump: Is it over yet?

Post by Animavore » Fri May 17, 2019 5:23 am

Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri May 17, 2019 5:39 am

Those aren't even products. I can't believe he can sell his name like that! I mean any of us can pay some outfit in China to stamp our name on shit. But who would buy it? Well, who's been buying Trump's name, even prior to his presidency?

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Fri May 17, 2019 9:41 am

well, he can sell his name and keep it too, that's better than cake.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri May 17, 2019 10:29 am

Outsourcing the MAGA hats to China is quite funny when you think about it.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Fri May 17, 2019 10:33 am

actually, it's MCGA then...
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Fri May 17, 2019 11:23 am

D8CA47CA-B8E4-43D0-83CF-72BBF9EAE8EC.jpeg
So much winning!
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Fri May 17, 2019 12:46 pm

What say you about this article from The Nation: https://www.thenation.com/article/russi ... erference/

New Studies Show Pundits Are Wrong About Russian Social-Media Involvement in US Politics
Far from being a sophisticated propaganda campaign, it was small, amateurish, and mostly unrelated to the 2016 election.
Based on all of this data, we can draw this picture of Russian social-media activity: It was mostly unrelated to the 2016 election; microscopic in reach, engagement, and spending; and juvenile or absurd in its content. This leads to the inescapable conclusion, as the New Knowledge study acknowledges, that “the operation’s focus on elections was merely a small subset” of its activity.... it deserves some minimal reflection that a juvenile social-media operation with such a small focus on elections is being widely portrayed as a seismic threat that may well have decided the 2016 contest.
Entertaining the possibility that Russian social-media posts impacted the election outcome requires more than just a contemptuous view of average voters. It also requires the abandonment of elementary standards of logic,
The Russian efforts were
barely detectable and trivial social-media content
And that leads us to perhaps a key reason why elites in particular are so fixated on the purported threat of Russian meddling: It deflects attention from their own failures, and the failings of the system that grants them status as elites. During the campaign, corporate media outlets handed Donald Trump billions of dollars worth of air time because, in the words of the now ousted CBS exec Les Moonves: “It may not be good for America, but it’s damn good for CBS…. The money’s rolling in and this is fun.” Not wanting to interrupt the fun, these outlets have every incentive to breathlessly cover Russiagate and amplify comparisons of stolen Democratic Party e-mails and Russian social-media posts to Pearl Harbor, 9/11, Kristallnacht, and “cruise missiles.”
When an uproar arose over Trump campaign data firm Cambridge Analytica in early 2018, Hillary Clinton was quoted posing what she dubbed the “real question”: “How did the Russians know how to target their messages so precisely to undecided voters in Wisconsin, or Michigan, or Pennsylvania?”

In fact, the Russians spent a grand total of $3,102 in these three states, with the majority of that paltry sum not even during the general election but during the primaries, and the majority of the ads were not even about candidates but about social issues. The total number of times ads were targeted at Wisconsin (54), Michigan (36), Pennsylvania (25) combined is less than the 152 times that ads were targeted at the blue state of New York. Wisconsin and Michigan also happen to be two states that Clinton infamously, and perilously, avoided visiting in the campaign’s final months.

There is no indication that the disinformation spread by employees of a St. Petersburg troll farm has had a discernible impact on the US electorate. The barrage of claims to the contrary is but one element of an infinitely larger chorus from failed political elites, sketchy private firms, shadowy intelligence officials, and credulous media outlets that inculcates the Western public with fears of a Kremlin “sowing discord.” Given how divorced the prevailing alarm is from the actual facts—and the influence of those fueling it—we might ask ourselves whose disinformation is most worthy of concern.
https://www.thenation.com/article/russi ... erference/

That's The Nation, folks. The Nation. The author Aaron Mate' is a former host/produce for Democracy Now!
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Woodbutcher
Stray Cat
Stray Cat
About me: Still crazy after all these years.

Post by Woodbutcher » Fri May 17, 2019 1:06 pm

Well, if the Russians did not interfere in the elections, Americans are guilty of picking the worst possible candidate for president. Trump has no manners, no education and an IQ of less than 90. He is a crook and a cheat, and his election proves that the average Americans are somewhat idiots. I blame "reality" shows. I watched the "Survivor" until I realised it was all fake, which was after about three episodes. It had nothing to do about real life, just politics and kissing ass. That is American politics: kissing the wealthy ass.
If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.-Red Green
"Yo". Rocky
"Never been worried about what other people see when they look at me". Gawdzilla
"No friends currently defined." Friends & Foes.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Fri May 17, 2019 1:32 pm

Nepotistic, venal scumbag.
Despite her father’s rallying cry to “buy American and hire American,” 100% of Ivanka Trump’s fashion products were made overseas—at least until early 2017.

And now her goods are avoiding the sweeping tariffs enacted by President Trump in his trade war with China. On Friday morning, Trump implemented $34 billion in tariffs on Chinese goods ranging from auto parts to medical devices, according to the Huffington Post.

Clothing and shoes, like those imported by Ivanka Trump’s company, were spared.
http://fortune.com/2018/07/09/donald-tr ... to-ivanka/?#
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri May 17, 2019 1:59 pm

Pundit says pundits are wrong most of the time. Pictures at eleven. :tea:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Fri May 17, 2019 2:53 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 12:46 pm
That's The Nation, folks. The Nation.
Ooooh, the Nation is leftist, so anti-Trump people must love it! :funny: :fp:

The Nation employs known Putin apologists and is often in lockstep with Kremlin propaganda. That said, it's better than the trash you usually cite, so congrats on that...
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Fri May 17, 2019 4:28 pm

Is there maybe some formula, such as your IQ plus 20, above which voters will not vote for a candidate? Same as they do not vote for atheists.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Sat May 18, 2019 2:39 am

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Sat May 18, 2019 10:11 am

78787F9D-668A-4AE3-B484-90578967D6F4.jpeg
Trump tweets

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Sat May 18, 2019 10:15 am

45F9717C-F2ED-4954-80E1-9781BB187D32.jpeg
I'm not logged into my twitter account, so I had to read through a hundred fox news supporters, one telling us to not watch fake news on CNN and MSNBC. After a few minutes I got to this. The Krassenstein brothers were absent from the thread. Forever Logical also responds to Trump tweets within hours.