Kavanaugh hearing

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: Kavanaugh hearing

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:31 pm

Śiva wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:28 pm
Where did I say I don't know what a false equivalency is? Have you been drinking the kool-aid? Seriously, you remind me of Mai around the time she flipped out on us.
:fp:

http://www.rationalia.com/forum/viewtop ... 2#p1794011

You imply my position on republicans negates my claim about your false-equivalence statement (because it's a false equivalence of its own). The two are unrelated, as one is a false equivalence (your statement) and the other isn't (my statement). Dude, this is simple stuff. Stop with the ad homs. I expect ad homs if I'm slagging someone off, but this is simple logic.
Last edited by pErvinalia on Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:31 pm

All I'm asking, Brian, is that we don't throw out our hard-won rationality in the interest of advancing our political agendas (whatever those may be).

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:33 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:31 pm
Śiva wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:28 pm
Where did I say I don't know what a false equivalency is? Have you been drinking the kool-aid? Seriously, you remind me of Mai around the time she flipped out on us.
:fp:

http://www.rationalia.com/forum/viewtop ... 2#p1794011

You imply my position on republicans negates my claim about your false-equivalence statement (because it's a false equivalence of its own). The two are unrelated, as one is a false equivalence (your statement) and the other isn't (my statement). Dude, this is simple stuff. Stop with the ad homs. I expect ad homs if I'm slagging someone off, but this is simple logic.
Dude... take your meds, have a drink, or whatever it is you do to chill. You're not even making sense.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:35 pm

You're embarrassing yourself again, like you did when you couldn't handle simple modulus arithmetic at ratskep. Remember that? Seriously, this is a simple point and you understand perfectly what is going on here. You made a false-equivalence fallacy, and then tried to imply that I was doing it too with my statement about republicans. So what is it you are trying to say here? Do you actually think what I did was a false equivalence fallacy, or do you think that what you did wasn't?? Either way looks bad for you, like the modulus thing did back on ratskep. :hehe:
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:37 pm

Yeah OK man.

Let's take this one step at a time.

I suggested that Antifa also whip their 'knuckledraggers' into a frenzy using bigotry and hatred. You accused me of committing a 'false-equivalancy.'

Explicate.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:39 pm

Of ffs. You used this as a counter to someone's point that the far-right whip their supporters into a frenzy using bigotry and hatred. That's an equivalency. It's false because it's implying that the morality of antifa and the far-right are the same. That makes it a false equiavalency because clearly those who fight fascists are morally better than fascists.

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:42 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:39 pm
Of ffs. You used this as a counter to someone's point that the far-right whip their supporters into a frenzy using bigotry and hatred. That's an equivalency. It's false because it's implying that the morality of antifa and the far-right are the same. That makes it a false equiavalency because clearly those who fight fascists are morally better than fascists.
Woe hold on there cowboy.

An 'equivalency?' You're imputing an equivalence I did not state, and did not imply. I simply suggested that a similar tactic is employed by Antifa - this does not denote an 'equivalency.'

You're making an unwarranted assumption predicated on a fevered extrapolation not supported by what was actually said.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:45 pm

Antifa do a great service. I particularly like how they dox racists and get them fired from their jobs.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:46 pm

Śiva wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:42 pm
pErvinalia wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:39 pm
Woe hold on there cowboy.

An 'equivalency?' You're imputing an equivalence I did not state, and did not imply. I simply suggested that a similar tactic is employed by Antifa - this does not denote an 'equivalency.'

You're making an unwarranted assumption predicated on a fevered extrapolation not supported by what was actually said.
WTF? You're having a lend of us, yeah? This - http://www.rationalia.com/forum/viewtop ... 5#p1794005 is most certainly an equivalency, because you are using it as a rhetorical method to reduce the claim about the far right to something that both sides do. If you can't even agree on the basics, then there's not much point going on from there.

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:48 pm

Animavore wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:45 pm
Antifa do a great service. I particularly like how they dox racists and get them fired from their jobs.
I'm interesting in doxing the cowardly masked Antifa members and seeing what happens to them. :tea:

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:48 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:46 pm
there's not much point going on from there.
I agree with this much.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:49 pm

Śiva wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:48 pm
Animavore wrote:
I'm interesting in doxing the cowardly masked Antifa members and seeing what happens to them. :tea:
Go on then.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:50 pm

Challenge accepted. :lol:

Most of them are on watch lists around the world anyway.
Last edited by Jason on Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:50 pm

Śiva wrote:
Animavore wrote:
What will happen is that there will be a significant reduction in the push back against quasi- (and real) fascists and Nazis.

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:51 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:50 pm
Śiva wrote:
Animavore wrote:
What will happen is that there will be a significant reduction in the push back against quasi- (and real) fascists and Nazis.
These 'nazis' will go back to quietly mumbling in private about the 'black man' keeping them down and all will be well.