World Leaders of Rationalia

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Re: World Leaders of Rationalia

Post by Forty Two » Tue May 15, 2018 1:25 pm

I wouldn't want the job. I am not at all adept at dealing with those who Trump refers to as "Killers." The big bankers, the businessmen, the successful politicians around the world. These guys are the guys who, metaphorically, will fleece you of your money at the poker table in 10 minutes.

To succeed as a world leader, one must be steeped in a world of hard bargaining and winner-take-all business and politics, with a dose of organized crime syndicates and crooked politicians thrown into the mix. You need balls of steel, and a rather sociopathic demeanor. You need to know how to push people's buttons, apply pressure, and as someone I used to know once said, "swat flies with sledgehammers, and fight fire with gasoline." If someone opposes you, you take the fight to then, bring it to their doorstep, find what they value most and place it risk.

I can't do that.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue May 15, 2018 1:29 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 11:08 am
pErvinalia wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 11:02 am
You need to take a break or something.
You need to take a long holiday in comparison. You are fraying. :hehe:
You're off your rocker. There was literally no snidey remark. :?
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Tue May 15, 2018 1:50 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 3:47 am
The world would be lucky to have us as leaders. But I don't think we'd survive the politics. If only there was some way to run things from behind the scenes, maybe from a lunar bunker, or Florida.
Me bunker is su bunker, amigo. If things get dicey there's always the boat and a couple of ARs.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Tue May 15, 2018 2:09 pm

"A couple.."? Bugger that. I want a couple just for me!
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Tue May 15, 2018 2:43 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 8:27 am
Anglo-Saxons all make bad leaders. Leave it to us mainland Europeans. The world would be well run.
Lety us Celts do the leadership, you Germans will just pick up the debris.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue May 15, 2018 2:53 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Anglo-Saxons all make bad leaders. Leave it to us mainland Europeans. The world would be well run.
Like Spain and Portugal? Italy? Serbia? Greece? Albania? Kosovo? Bosnia? Hungary? Belarus? Moldova? Slovakia? Slovenia? Ukraine? Those countreis?

Mainland Europeans have a tried-and-true history in running the world, that's for sure. Lots of long-running examples on how well-run such leadership was....
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Tue May 15, 2018 3:05 pm

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue May 15, 2018 3:24 pm

Svartalf wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 2:43 pm
Scot Dutchy wrote:
Lety us Celts do the leadership, you Germans will just pick up the debris.
Anglo-Saxons are (Angles and Saxons) mainland Europeans who tried their hand at leadership over Britain. The Angles named Anglia in England (also derived from Angles - Angle-land). Anglia was the place on the Baltic in what is now called Schleswig-Holstein (mostly in Germany).

The Monarchs in Britain are pretending to be Windsors, and they are really mainland Germans called "Saxe Coburg Gotha." Those mainland Europeans are sneaky that way.

The Saxons, too, were from Germany.

Like mainland Europeans are wont to do, the Angles and the Saxons went out in search of "Lebensraum" and decided to massacre the Celts, Britons, Scots, Irish, Picts and other assorted non-Mainland European tribes.

It's that kind of leadership that has served the world well. A continent without a significant period of peace in 2000+ years. Oh, sure, they "say" there was pax europaea from 1945 to 1991, but that's a lie. There was a Civil War in Greece in the late 1940s, the Cyprus Emergency in the 1950s, Hungarian Revolution and Russian invasion thereof in 1956, The Russian invasion of Czechoslovakia in 1968, Turkish invasion of Cyprus in the 1970s, the series of Yugoslav Wars in the 1990s, and that doesn't even count the wars fought by mainlad Europeans worldwide since WW2.

Before that, the western hemisphere peoples had to kick the mainland Europeans out of the western hemisphere, including Spain, France and Portugal, and the Netherlands (although they still cling to colonial possessions to this very day). The entire continent of Africa was divvied up largely among France, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Italy, etc.

Ah, leadership.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Tue May 15, 2018 3:26 pm

Scot is going to pop his clogs after that! :hehe:

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Tue May 15, 2018 3:47 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 1:25 pm
I wouldn't want the job. I am not at all adept at dealing with those who Trump refers to as "Killers." The big bankers, the businessmen, the successful politicians around the world. These guys are the guys who, metaphorically, will fleece you of your money at the poker table in 10 minutes.

To succeed as a world leader, one must be steeped in a world of hard bargaining and winner-take-all business and politics, with a dose of organized crime syndicates and crooked politicians thrown into the mix. You need balls of steel, and a rather sociopathic demeanor. You need to know how to push people's buttons, apply pressure, and as someone I used to know once said, "swat flies with sledgehammers, and fight fire with gasoline." If someone opposes you, you take the fight to then, bring it to their doorstep, find what they value most and place it risk.

I can't do that.
You're smart enough to know you're supposed to say that, and arrogant enough to think you'd get away with it. You're a natural! I think we've found the political face for The World Leaders of Rationalia. I nominate 42 for President! :biggrin:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Tue May 15, 2018 3:51 pm

He's the most liberal president we've ever had! :cheer:

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Tue May 15, 2018 3:59 pm

laklak wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 1:50 pm
Sean Hayden wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 3:47 am
The world would be lucky to have us as leaders. But I don't think we'd survive the politics. If only there was some way to run things from behind the scenes, maybe from a lunar bunker, or Florida.
Me bunker is su bunker, amigo. If things get dicey there's always the boat and a couple of ARs.
Ruling from a boat definitely appeals to my dark side. :cheers:

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue May 15, 2018 4:07 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 3:47 pm
I nominate 42 for President! :biggrin:
"I hereby state, and mean all that I say, that I never have been and never will be a candidate for President; that if nominated by either party, I should peremptorily decline; and even if unanimously elected I should decline to serve." - The greatest quote in the history of politics, by the great William Tecumseh Sherman.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue May 15, 2018 4:17 pm

But you didn't actually say "no" there did you? :biggrin:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Tue May 15, 2018 4:35 pm

No can sometimes mean yes, as any teenaged boy can attest.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.