Rationalskepticism,lol part III.

A forum to talk about other sites and things you've found in the jungle that is the internet.

Please take a moment to read the rationalia guidelines: http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3449
Scott1328

Re: Rationalskepticism,lol part III.

Post by Scott1328 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:19 pm

Redwhine should have gotten a formal warning for that comment. And Samsa should not have been suspended for a year for his.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:13 am

DaveDodo007 wrote:
Mr.Samsa wrote:
DaveDodo007 wrote:
JimC wrote:Thread needs moah dramah!

This is where you can vent your spleen against the Reptiloid Overlords of Ratskep!

(or, more commonly, the refugees can fight amongst themselves...)

:hehe:
Where is Mr.Samsa when you need him.
I think the mods are doody heads. Let the drama begin.
Redwhine got told off for his comment about you in the feedback thread.
Bout time. Redwhine is a the biggest troll in the feedback forum. I have absolutely no idea how he is allowed to get away with his shit. (Well, I have one idea... former Mod status on rdf).
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Mr.Samsa

Post by Mr.Samsa » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:19 am

DaveDodo007 wrote:
Redwhine got told off for his comment about you in the feedback thread.
What comment was that?
Scott1328 wrote:Redwhine should have gotten a formal warning for that comment. And Samsa should not have been suspended for a year for his.
Eh, if it wasn't that comment then they'd just find another to warn me for to get rid of me. They were pissed off that they weren't allowed to permaban me a while back so they've just been racking up bullshit warnings and advice so they can try to make it look justified. If you look at the thread where I got my warning and see some of the comments that went without warning, it's amazing that they somehow singled mine out. There were like 3-4 pages of derail where Cito just kept bringing up posts I'd made elsewhere on the forum and criticising me for them despite having no relevance to the topic.
rEvolutionist wrote:
DaveDodo007 wrote: Redwhine got told off for his comment about you in the feedback thread.
Bout time. Redwhine is a the biggest troll in the feedback forum. I have absolutely no idea how he is allowed to get away with his shit. (Well, I have one idea... former Mod status on rdf).
How come I didn't get that privilege?
“The real question is not whether machines think but whether men do. The mystery which surrounds a thinking machine already surrounds a thinking man.” - B. F. Skinner.

Robert_S
Cookie Monster
About me: Too young to die of boredom, too old to grow up.

Post by Robert_S » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:28 am

Samsa, I think your green vagoo was creeping them out too much.
What I've found with a few discussions I've had lately is this self-satisfaction that people express with their proffessed open mindedness. In realty it ammounts to wilful ignorance and intellectual cowardice as they are choosing to not form any sort of opinion on a particular topic. Basically "I don't know and I'm not going to look at any evidence because I'm quite happy on this fence."
-Mr P

The Net is best considered analogous to communication with disincarnate intelligences. As any neophyte would tell you. Do not invoke that which you have no facility to banish.
Audley Strange

Mr.Samsa

Post by Mr.Samsa » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:46 am

Robert_S wrote:Samsa, I think your green vagoo was creeping them out too much.
Well that's just plain old sexism being grossed out by a moldy vagina.
“The real question is not whether machines think but whether men do. The mystery which surrounds a thinking machine already surrounds a thinking man.” - B. F. Skinner.

Robert_S
Cookie Monster

Post by Robert_S » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:59 am

Mr.Samsa wrote:
Robert_S wrote:Samsa, I think your green vagoo was creeping them out too much.
Well that's just plain old sexism being grossed out by a moldy vagina.
Looks more like algae to me. But I'm not a doctor. I'm not a marine biologist either.
What I've found with a few discussions I've had lately is this self-satisfaction that people express with their proffessed open mindedness. In realty it ammounts to wilful ignorance and intellectual cowardice as they are choosing to not form any sort of opinion on a particular topic. Basically "I don't know and I'm not going to look at any evidence because I'm quite happy on this fence."
-Mr P

The Net is best considered analogous to communication with disincarnate intelligences. As any neophyte would tell you. Do not invoke that which you have no facility to banish.
Audley Strange

Tyrannical

Post by Tyrannical » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:18 am

Mr. Samsa wrote:Eh, if it wasn't that comment then they'd just find another to warn me for to get rid of me. They were pissed off that they weren't allowed to permaban me a while back so they've just been racking up bullshit warnings and advice so they can try to make it look justified. If you look at the thread where I got my warning and see some of the comments that went without warning, it's amazing that they somehow singled mine out. There were like 3-4 pages of derail where Cito just kept bringing up posts I'd made elsewhere on the forum and criticising me for them despite having no relevance to the topic.
Ha join the club, they couldn't ban me for rules violations so they started to almost make stuff up (not wanting Muslims immigrants was now racist). Finally perm banned me with only 4 warmings, and I was about to lose two of them :hehe:
A rational skeptic should be able to discuss and debate anything, no matter how much they may personally disagree with that point of view. Discussing a subject is not agreeing with it, but understanding it.

Fallible
About me: pronoun; the objective case of I, used as a direct or indirect object.

Post by Fallible » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:17 am

Nah, they didn't need to make stuff up. They can ban anyone for any reason, and they can certainly ban you if they decide you're a racist troll.
Don't be afraid of what they'll say.
Who cares what cowards think anyway?
They will understand one day,
One day.
- Yann Tiersen

Babel

Post by Babel » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:13 am

Well, now Jews are considered a separate racial identity. Silly me, I thought that was a religious grouping.http://www.rationalskepticism.org/news- ... l#p2057966

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:15 am

When a religious groups encourages strict endogamy, it soon becomes a racial identity too.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Babel

Post by Babel » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:25 am

Svartalf wrote:When a religious groups encourages strict endogamy, it soon becomes a racial identity too.
Unlike muslims that encourage marriage with atheists or evangelical christians, you mean?

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:28 am

Muslims are a fucking blight, though they are even more diverse than Jews... I wouldn't put a Sufi, or a Persian shi'ite in the same bag as a sunni arab, or worse, a salafist or wahhabite.

Robert_S
Cookie Monster

Post by Robert_S » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:48 am

Svartalf wrote:Muslims are a fucking blight, though they are even more diverse than Jews... I wouldn't put a Sufi, or a Persian shi'ite in the same bag as a sunni arab, or worse, a salafist or wahhabite.
I'd say Islam is a blight. Muslims can be quite pleasant.
-Mr P

Audley Strange

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:59 am

and you may be right about it.

Babel

Post by Babel » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:13 pm

Svartalf wrote:Muslims are a fucking blight, though they are even more diverse than Jews... I wouldn't put a Sufi, or a Persian shi'ite in the same bag as a sunni arab, or worse, a salafist or wahhabite.
which was my point from the start.
Pretending that jews are the only religion that push hard for marriage within the own religion, is not realistic and that would mean that 'muslim' is as much a racial identity as is 'jew'. It's just preferential treatment of one religion.