English butthurt

For (slightly) serious discussion of things involving balls and a lot of effort (that aren't sex!)
redunderthebed
Commie Bastard
About me: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate and wine in each hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

English butthurt

Post by redunderthebed » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:56 am

Lets see how long until they can win a gold medal. :funny: :funny: :funny:
Trolldor wrote:Ahh cardinal Pell. He's like a monkey after a lobotomy and three lines of cocaine.
The Pope was today knocked down at the start of Christmas mass by a woman who hopped over the barriers. The woman was said to be, "Mentally unstable."

Which is probably why she went unnoticed among a crowd of Christians.
Cormac wrote: One thing of which I am certain. The world is a better place with you in it. Stick around please. The universe will eventually get around to offing all of us. No need to help it in its efforts...

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Re: English butthurt

Post by Animavore » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:59 am

English butthurt is a thing of beauty. Remember Torville and Dean? ;)
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

redunderthebed
Commie Bastard
About me: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate and wine in each hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Post by redunderthebed » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:18 am

Animavore wrote:English butthurt is a thing of beauty. Remember Torville and Dean? ;)
or any penalty shootout since 1966 :dance: :tut: :funny:
Trolldor wrote:Ahh cardinal Pell. He's like a monkey after a lobotomy and three lines of cocaine.
The Pope was today knocked down at the start of Christmas mass by a woman who hopped over the barriers. The woman was said to be, "Mentally unstable."

Cormac wrote: One thing of which I am certain. The world is a better place with you in it. Stick around please. The universe will eventually get around to offing all of us. No need to help it in its efforts...

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:33 am

Nationalism is so passe. :roll:

You bastards! :hehe:

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:39 am

However, it will not surprise me at all if they finish higher in the medal tally than us, given the whole "home olympics" thing, and fair enough...

At the end, I will simply calculate the medals per million of population figure... ;)
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

redunderthebed
Commie Bastard

Post by redunderthebed » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:16 pm

Another example of it.....

Watching teh canoeing and had to put up with the pommy commentators crapping on about their paddler david florence. He royally fucked it up finishing outside the qualification spots for the final.

The aussie lad kynan maley ranked in the mid-50's in the world made the gold medal final ahead of him. :funny: The tone of the commentators voice was priceless.

He hasn't got a chance in hell of winning a medal but he has achieved what all australian sports men and women should do beat the poms. :dance:

Strontium Dog
About me: Navy Seals are not seals

Post by Strontium Dog » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:28 pm

JimC wrote:However, it will not surprise me at all if they finish higher in the medal tally than us, given the whole "home olympics" thing
So what was the excuse in Beijing?
100% verifiable facts or your money back. Anti-fascist. Enemy of woo - theistic or otherwise. Cloth is not an antiviral. Imagination and fantasy is no substitute for tangible reality. Wishing doesn't make it real.

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Barry Goldwater

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:36 pm

Strontium Dog wrote:
JimC wrote:However, it will not surprise me at all if they finish higher in the medal tally than us, given the whole "home olympics" thing
So what was the excuse in Beijing?
It was all fixed by the communist swine! :irate:
And my gin!

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:37 pm

The Aussies are being embarrassingly parochial.

However we expect no more of them. Bless their sweaty cotton socks. :console:

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:16 pm

Rum wrote:The Aussies are being embarrassingly parochial.

However we expect no more of them. Bless their sweaty cotton socks. :console:
:lol:
And my gin!

Xamonas Chegwé
Bouncer
Bouncer
About me: I have prehensile eyebrows.
I speak 9 languages fluently, one of which other people can also speak.
When backed into a corner, I fit perfectly - having a right-angled arse.

Post by Xamonas Chegwé » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:06 am

GB will get something shiny in teh eckwestriunz - because it's a sport you need to have a back garden the size of Kent to compete properly in! :biggrin:
A book is a version of the world. If you do not like it, ignore it; or offer your own version in return.
Salman Rushdie
You talk to God, you're religious. God talks to you, you're psychotic.
House MD
Who needs a meaning anyway, I'd settle anyday for a very fine view.
Sandy Denny
This is the wrong forum for bluffing :nono:
Paco
Yes, yes. But first I need to show you this venomous fish!
Calilasseia
I think we should do whatever Pawiz wants.
Twoflower
Bella squats momentarily then waddles on still peeing, like a horse
Millefleur

John_fi_Skye
About me: I'm a sentimental old git. I'm a mawkish old bastard.

Post by John_fi_Skye » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:20 am

Rum wrote:Nationalism is so passe. :roll:

You bastards! :hehe:
Just discovered this fred. :funny: :funny: :funny:

Even the fucking poncy English fucking horse-riding, with a fucking royal in the fucking team, and they were beaten by the fucking Germans!!! :funny: :funny: :funny:
Pray, do not mock me: I am a very foolish fond old man; And, to deal plainly, I fear I am not in my perfect mind.

Blah blah blah blah blah!

Memo to self: no Lir chocolates.

Life is glorious.

Strontium Dog
About me: Navy Seals are not seals

Post by Strontium Dog » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:25 am

Our Germans weren't as good as their Germans.
100% verifiable facts or your money back. Anti-fascist. Enemy of woo - theistic or otherwise. Cloth is not an antiviral. Imagination and fantasy is no substitute for tangible reality. Wishing doesn't make it real.

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Barry Goldwater

John_fi_Skye
About me: I'm a sentimental old git. I'm a mawkish old bastard.

Post by John_fi_Skye » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:26 am

Strontium Dog wrote:Our Germans weren't as good as their Germans.
:funny:
Pray, do not mock me: I am a very foolish fond old man; And, to deal plainly, I fear I am not in my perfect mind.

Blah blah blah blah blah!

Memo to self: no Lir chocolates.

Life is glorious.

redunderthebed
Commie Bastard

Post by redunderthebed » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:34 am

The poms won a gold medal two of them last night! :O

Ah well hopefully we get back in front of them tonight! :tut:

:cheers: