Plan for moderation of Fiendly Mafia games

Mafia Forum is visible to guests. Please note that game threads are limited to posts by players who are involved in each game. Non-player or derail posts will be moved to a gallery thread.

Moderator: Mafia Mods

Zigmen

Re: Plan for moderation of Fiendly Mafia games

Post by Zigmen » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:30 pm

LOL thanks folks!
~Three of a Perfect Pair~

oblivion
Noble Savage

Post by oblivion » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:03 am

waiting until the end to combine the thread is a good idea. I've been keeping a list of links to the day opening and nightfall posts for each day to help me find what I'm looking for.

Azathoth
blind idiot god
blind idiot god

Post by Azathoth » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:05 am

Can all the threads from the active game be kept stickied until it is over too then?
Outside the ordered universe is that amorphous blight of nethermost confusion which blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity—the boundless daemon sultan Azathoth, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, and who gnaws hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space amidst the muffled, maddening beating of vile drums and the thin monotonous whine of accursed flutes.

Code: Select all

// Replaces with spaces the braces in cases where braces in places cause stasis 
   $str = str_replace(array("\{","\}")," ",$str);

oblivion
Noble Savage

Post by oblivion » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:13 am

Ghatanothoa wrote:Can all the threads from the active game be kept stickied until it is over too then?
why? they should all be near the top of the page. Is it because of the blue sticky-color?

oblivion
Noble Savage

Post by oblivion » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:13 am

Ghatanothoa wrote:Can all the threads from the active game be kept stickied until it is over too then?
why? they should all be near the top of the page. Is it because of the blue sticky-color?

charlou
arseist

Post by charlou » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:49 am

This is the post in the OP ... re the bit I've bolded, the information is in need of review/update. :)
charlou wrote:The rationalia staff have discussed the moderation of player behaviour in rationalia Mafia games, taking our forum ethos and guidelines, as well as Mafia player and GM concerns, into account. To moderate player behaviour and to minimise mod intrusion into Mafia games, we've come up with the following plan:

We have dedicated Mafia subforum mods. These mods will be Ayaan, Charlou, Don't Panic and FBM. Our locations mean that moderation will cover all time zones.

In a Mafia game, a post is either reported by a GM or other member (player or non player), or recognised by a staff member as a guideline breach

The Mafia mods look at it and discuss it among themselves and the rest of the staff in the mod forum

Posts are not removed by mods from the game thread without consultation with the game GM

Come to a consensus about whether action is necessary and if so what that action will be

If action is to be taken a brief blue note will be placed in the game thread, quoting the offending post/s and directing discussion to a separate mod action discussion thread within the mafia subforum. The blue note will read: "Post reported, mod action. Discussion here" and will include a link to the separate discussion thread and full information about the breach and the staff action decided upon. Discussion/argument of the breach and mod action will take place in the separate thread.

An exception to this process would be the immediate removal of links or images that breach our guidelines. This may still be discussed after the fact in the separate mod action thread.

Unless the game GM has made an exception, posts by non-players in the game thread should be reported as derails using the post report button. Mods will check if the post is by a non-player and if so, move it to the peanut gallery.

Players are asked to help prevent any derails interrupting the game by not replying to them.
no fences

oblivion
Noble Savage

Post by oblivion » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:43 pm

Not just that. Over time, the GMs have been given more moderation abilities, and can now take care of everything we need done on our own. we can stick/unstick threads, move posts, merge threads, etc. I could be wrong, but I don't think this forum generates much in the way of reports. I have no idea which mods are responsible for this forum nowadays.

Don't Panic
Evil Admin
Evil Admin
About me: 100% Pure Evil. (Not from Concentrate)

Post by Don't Panic » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:31 pm

oblivion wrote:Not just that. Over time, the GMs have been given more moderation abilities, and can now take care of everything we need done on our own. we can stick/unstick threads, move posts, merge threads, etc. I could be wrong, but I don't think this forum generates much in the way of reports. I have no idea which mods are responsible for this forum nowadays.
Me. :stanley:
Gawd wrote:»
And those Zumwalts are already useless, they can be taken out with an ICBM.
The world is a thing of utter inordinate complexity and richness and strangeness that is absolutely awesome. I mean the idea that such complexity can arise not only out of such simplicity, but probably absolutely out of nothing, is the most fabulous extraordinary idea. And once you get some kind of inkling of how that might have happened, it's just wonderful. And . . . the opportunity to spend 70 or 80 years of your life in such a universe is time well spent as far as I am concerned.
D.N.A.

charlou
arseist

Post by charlou » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:22 am

I'd be in favour of the people who kindly volunteer as mafia GMs being the group responsible for general moderation of this subforum.
no fences

oblivion
Noble Savage

Post by oblivion » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:33 am

charlou wrote:I'd be in favour of the people who kindly volunteer as mafia GMs being the group responsible for general moderation of this subforum.
not sure how that would work. we would need to know about reports, which we currently don't see.

but, I haven't seen anything that I would have expected to be reported in ages. We don't report each other. we kill each other. :wumbo:

b.ternarius

Post by b.ternarius » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:40 pm

We don't report each other. we kill each other.
I knew you'd come to see it my way, Ob. :ab:

Don't Panic
Evil Admin
Evil Admin
About me: 100% Pure Evil. (Not from Concentrate)

Post by Don't Panic » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:28 pm

oblivion wrote:
charlou wrote:I'd be in favour of the people who kindly volunteer as mafia GMs being the group responsible for general moderation of this subforum.
not sure how that would work. we would need to know about reports, which we currently don't see.

but, I haven't seen anything that I would have expected to be reported in ages. We don't report each other. we kill each other. :wumbo:
Hasn't been a report in 12 months, except for housekeeping.
Gawd wrote:»
And those Zumwalts are already useless, they can be taken out with an ICBM.
The world is a thing of utter inordinate complexity and richness and strangeness that is absolutely awesome. I mean the idea that such complexity can arise not only out of such simplicity, but probably absolutely out of nothing, is the most fabulous extraordinary idea. And once you get some kind of inkling of how that might have happened, it's just wonderful. And . . . the opportunity to spend 70 or 80 years of your life in such a universe is time well spent as far as I am concerned.
D.N.A.

irretating
not too sweet to sledge

Post by irretating » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:26 pm

b.ternarius wrote:
We don't report each other. we kill each other.
I knew you'd come to see it my way, Ob. :ab:
so... you're actually the evil one :shock:

b.ternarius

Post by b.ternarius » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:40 pm

Me?

Heavens, no.

See here, this is me:

(With any luck, she's forgotten aaaaall about Innsmouth.)

Magicziggy

Post by Magicziggy » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:51 pm

What....is Innsmouth?

I feel I should know about this.