Global Climate Change Science News

aufbahrung

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by aufbahrung » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:10 am

Polar vortex forming - means its gonna be cold this global warming season. Almost like the weather is random.

https://www.severe-weather.eu/global-we ... europe-fa/

These are facts not trolls but truths... :tea:
WeAreAStableCountry

macdoc
Twitcher

Post by macdoc » Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:48 am

You mean it's getting colder at the North pole due to lower irradiation as the northern hemisphere tilts away from the sun......who'd have thunk it :fp:
and why FFS is this news :roll:
Resident in Cairns Australia Australia> CB300F • Travel photos https://500px.com/p/macdoc?view=galleries

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:50 am

macdoc wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:48 am
You mean it's getting colder at the North pole due to lower irradiation as the planet tilts away from the sun......who'd have thunk it and why FFS is this news :roll:
The panic alone will keep Europe warm this winter.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

aufbahrung

Post by aufbahrung » Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:24 am

Usually there is enough heating to go round. Germans are already in a German mood. Won't take much to tip them back into old habits as a means to keep warm. Short term climate (technically know as the weather cos no one can predict it beyond five days) is going to be determining their political mood next summer when the beer flows again.
WeAreAStableCountry

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:44 am

rainbow wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:50 am
macdoc wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:48 am
You mean it's getting colder at the North pole due to lower irradiation as the planet tilts away from the sun......who'd have thunk it and why FFS is this news :roll:
The panic alone will keep Europe warm this winter.
I'll volunteer to help pretty women keep warm
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:21 pm

JimC wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:30 am
pErvinalia wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:08 am
They're all right-wing to Brian.
Marx is right wing to Brian... :tea:
As a social anthropologist he was ahead of his time. As a classical economist though... Meh. :tea:
aufbahrung wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:10 am
Polar vortex forming - means its gonna be cold this global warming season. Almost like the weather is random.

https://www.severe-weather.eu/global-we ... europe-fa/

These are facts not trolls but truths... :tea:

From basic teaching materials given to 12 year old's. You might find it informative...

Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

aufbahrung

Post by aufbahrung » Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:30 pm

One is astrology and the other evidence based medicine. And which is which, or perhaps putting goop into the upper atmosphere will save the geo-engineer and damn the planet - like medicine often did before the accidental discovery of anti-biotics?
WeAreAStableCountry

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:02 pm

Sunak won't be going to COP27. Too busy.
Rishi Sunak will not attend the Cop27 climate summit, Downing Street has said, despite the new British prime minister having promised this week to prioritise the environment.

His predecessor, Liz Truss, had reportedly planned to go to at least one day of the summit, but Sunak’s spokesperson said he had “other pressing domestic commitments”.
I wonder what could be more pressing? A new round of fossil fuel subsidies to help 'boost the economy'?
World close to ‘irreversible’ climate breakdown, warn major studies

The climate crisis has reached a “really bleak moment”, one of the world’s leading climate scientists has said, after a slew of major reports laid bare how close the planet is to catastrophe.

Collective action is needed by the world’s nations more now than at any point since the second world war to avoid climate tipping points, Prof Johan Rockström said, but geopolitical tensions are at a high.

He said the world was coming “very, very close to irreversible changes … time is really running out very, very fast”.

Emissions must fall by about half by 2030 to meet the internationally agreed target of 1.5C of heating but are still rising, the reports showed – at a time when oil giants are making astronomical amounts of money.

On Thursday, Shell and TotalEnergies both doubled their quarterly profits to about $10bn. Oil and gas giants have enjoyed soaring profits as post-Covid demand jumps and after Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. The sector is expected to amass $4tn in 2022, strengthening calls for heavy windfall taxes to address the cost of living crisis and fund the clean energy transition.

All three of the key UN agencies have produced damning reports in the last two days. The UN environment agency’s report found there was “no credible pathway to 1.5C in place” and that “woefully inadequate” progress on cutting carbon emissions means the only way to limit the worst impacts of the climate crisis is a “rapid transformation of societies”.

Current pledges for action by 2030, even if delivered in full, would mean a rise in global heating of about 2.5C, a level that would condemn the world to catastrophic climate breakdown, according to the UN’s climate agency. Only a handful of countries have ramped up their plans in the last year, despite having promised to do so at the Cop26 UN climate summit in Glasgow last November...
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:34 am

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-10-31/ ... /101596302
Leftist former president Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva has won Brazil's bitterly-fought election, denying far-right incumbent Jair Bolsonaro a second term.
A good thing for what remains of the Amazonian rainforest...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:23 am

JimC wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:34 am
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-10-31/ ... /101596302
Leftist former president Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva has won Brazil's bitterly-fought election, denying far-right incumbent Jair Bolsonaro a second term.
A good thing for what remains of the Amazonian rainforest...
That's supposedly good news....
now, let's see how the local fascist will react, and whether the forest slayers need his encouragements, or if they will proceed even with lula in charge...

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:02 am

One thing that leaves me speechless is agricultural absurdities made in the name of the Holy bottom line, just to improve profits.. places with not enough water insisting on cultivating stuff that supposedly makes for better returns than what is suited to the area... Southen Spain growing, water guzzling avocadoes... and actually growing ever more of them in recent years, in spite of the water crisis... similarly, Fren farmers, in a basic temperate clime insisting to grow maize, which demands a very wet, subtropical environment... and then when things go south, they whine and call for help instead of revising what they should grow in a place like theirs...

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:18 am

Same as cotton here in Queensland.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

aufbahrung

Post by aufbahrung » Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:43 am

https://www.axios.com/2022/10/21/drough ... as-la-nina

A few more years and won't need to go to Mars, when Mars is coming here, all you need now is for the atmosphere leakage to begin proper :tup:
WeAreAStableCountry

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:22 am

I think you mean Venus. :tea:

Frank Zappa

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:48 pm

I want to climb the venus mons of some nice girls, because I'm from mars.