Global Climate Change Science News

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:54 am

Keep hating everything, you're doing a great job.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:06 am

:drama:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:07 am

An unsupported claim and PA but you will be alright thanks to "ya mods".
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:34 am

God you are a baby. :cry:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:53 am

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:44 pm

A great attitude from a guy that does not want to take any action:

Boris Johnson says chances of Cop26 success are ‘touch and go’
PM urges firms to reduce use of single-use plastics and dismisses recycling as ‘a red herring’
Of course he would; saves money.
It is “touch and go” whether Britain will broker deals adequate enough to curb irreversible climate change at Cop26, Boris Johnson has admitted, as he claimed that encouraging people to recycle more “isn’t the answer”.

The prime minister appeared to lower expectations about whether the global summit of leaders that begins this week would be a success, after the Russian president, Vladimir Putin, confirmed for the first time that he would not attend “in the light of the coronavirus situation”, according to Downing Street.

The move was expected by some UK government insiders, but it will still come as a blow to those who hoped the world leaders whose influence would be key to reducing emissions across the planet would gather around the negotiating table.

Ahead of Cop26 starting in Glasgow on Sunday, Johnson held a question-and-answer session with several dozen children at No 10 on Monday, where he dismissed the impact of encouraging individuals to recycle more.

“Recycling isn’t the answer, I’ve got to be honest with you,” he said. “You’re not going to like this. It doesn’t begin to address the problem. You can only recycle plastic a couple of times, really. What you’ve got to do is stop the production of plastic. Stop the first use of plastic. The recycling thing is a red herring … We’ve all got to cut down on our use of plastic.”

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:26 pm

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:29 pm

Chumocracy in action.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:09 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:26 pm
The big problem is that tories are not people, they are malignant forces of nature, rather akin to the American wendigo
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:47 am

The Australian Way?

Australia commits to 2050 net zero emissions plan but with no detail and no modelling
Prime minister Scott Morrison says ‘technology breakthroughs’ will help country meet reductions targets but Labor calls plan a ‘scam’ based on a ‘vibe’

The Australian prime minister, Scott Morrison, has released the government’s plan to reach net zero emissions by 2050 and updated Australia’s 2030 projection to between 30% and 35% as he prepares to fly to Glasgow for a United Nations climate summit.

Morrison on Tuesday hailed the plan as a “practical way” to neutralise Australia’s emissions by 2050 but the plan showed almost a third of the abatement task is comprised of cuts via unspecified “technology breakthroughs” and “global trends” while a further 20% will be achieved through unexplained offsets.

Australia’s emissions are among the highest in the world on a per capita basis and the country has long trailed behind similar developed countries in pledging to reduce emissions.

The government has refused to release modelling underpinning the plan and is keeping details of the package – promised to secure Nationals support for the mid-century target – secret.

The plan – which Morrison promoted as “the Australian way” – is underpinned by an updated technology roadmap that prioritises investment in clean hydrogen, energy storage, low emissions steel and aluminium and carbon capture and storage. It also adds ultra-low cost solar as a new priority. The overall investment totals $20bn, the government said.

The Coalition claims this will unlock between $60bn and $100bn of additional investment from the private sector and the states – an upgrade to the $50bn forecast last year – and create 62,000 new regional mining and heavy industry jobs.

As a result, gross national income will be 1.6% higher, and Australians would be nearly $2,000 better off on average in 2050 compared to a scenario where no action was taken.

Modelling underpinning the projections would be released “eventually”, Morrison said.

“Our plan works with Australians to achieve this goal. Our plan enables them, it doesn’t legislate, it doesn’t mandate, it doesn’t force them. It respects them and understands that Australians want to do this … they want to protect their industries,” the prime minister said. The policy was based on “choices not mandates”, he said.
Ozland Chumocracy obviously.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:01 am

How does Australia’s response to the climate crisis compare with the rest of the world?
The Morrison government says Australia is doing more than other nations to act on global heating. These interactive graphs tell the full story

It’s a common refrain from the Morrison government, repeated again on Tuesday: that Australia is not only acting on the climate crisis but doing more than other countries. That the consistent criticism it receives over global heating is unfair.

Scott Morrison and the emissions reduction minister, Angus Taylor, point to official government greenhouse accounts that suggest national emissions – in part due to Covid-19 lockdowns – are about 20% lower than they were in 2005.

They say this is a much better performance than other countries – Canada and New Zealand, for example.

It’s a line used in response to regular criticisms that Australia is a laggard in dealing with global heating, sitting alongside countries such as Saudi Arabia and Russia.

The scientific evidence, backed by many national leaders, says the world needs to make a collective cut in emissions roughly in half by 2030.

The Morrison government still has the same 2030 target set under Tony Abbott six years ago – cutting emissions by between 26% and 28% compared with 2005 levels. It says new official emissions projections will show it is on track to beat this target but the government won’t increase its ambition. The Liberals and Nationals have only just agreed on a deal to set a target of reaching net zero emissions by 2050.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:33 am

The current Federal government is out of step with the majority, and is too heavily influenced by a core of right-wing dinosaurs who inflame fears about job losses. The states, and much of the business community are moving much more rapidly towards renewables. Due to their efforts, we will probably do much better than the current pathetic 2030 targets, no thanks to the feds...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:36 am

Chumocracy Jim. The money will be flowing down the sewers again.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:41 am

You missed my points, Scot. The current Federal government may well lose the next election by being so out of step on climate change, and also that some real progress (still not enough) is being made by much more capable state governments and business interests.
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:51 am

JimC wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:41 am
You missed my points, Scot. The current Federal government may well lose the next election by being so out of step on climate change, and also that some real progress (still not enough) is being made by much more capable state governments and business interests.
I fully understand that Jim but in the meantime Morrison and his gang will empty the till before they go which is the purpose of the "Australian Way".