Global Climate Change Science News

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by Tero » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:06 pm

Oh but it's just politics. My Finnish friend even denies the greenhouse effect. This is because the green party lets in refugees into Finland. And Finns don't give them any jobs because...foreigners. And they become parasites for taxpayers.

Therefore according to him there is no warming. Sometimes he "wishes" for warming. Because the summers are too cool.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:01 pm

Also, because there is no global warming, the Finns have no need to let in Syrians.

Plus, global warming has the EU dictating environmental policy to Finland so best get out of EU.

Galaxian
About me: Too old & too far away from the Beloved...

Post by Galaxian » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:04 am

Brian Peacock wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:53 pm
We know who'll find this interesting, eh? And who won't! :biggrin:
Gifford is currently tenured at the University of Victoria...
This is why they're deniers:
The science that goes deep into the anti-climate-change brain

Over the past two decades, the phenomenon of climate denial has come into focus almost as much as climate change itself. We've now reached the point where the Republican Party is virtually the only conservative party in the world that's still playing ostrich when it comes to climate change. But is denialism alone enough to explain the psychological resistance to saving the planet?
Canadian psychologist Robert Gifford,....
Salon spoke with Gifford to explore this broader landscape. The transcript has been edited for clarity and space....
https://www.salon.com/2015/10/07/this_i ... nge_brain/
Original paper: Gifford: Dragons of Inaction: Psychological Barriers That Limit Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation
Really scraping the bottom of the barrel, Brian. You're reduced to quoting from a shrink?! Even Sigmund Fraud was smarter...

But seriously, you lot have nothing to worry about, since their many predictions of no more snow after several years ago & no more arctic ice, etc have all come true, eh? So you only need to refer to the latest videos to show zero snow cover. Some horror announcement clips from 2' 45" on:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p88qvNmXX4
:biggrin:
The true seeker looks for the truth wherever it may be and readily accepts it, without shame, without hope for reward and without fear of punishment._Sam Nejad
There's no Mercy. There's no Justice. There is only Natural Selection! _Galaxian
The more important a news item, the more likely that it's a hidden agenda disinformation_Galaxian
"This world of sheeple has no hope!" Thus just 13 years left before extinction by AI_ Galaxian

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:19 am

Who made predictions that as of now we would see no snow and no arctic ice? Youtube videos don't count as evidence.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:44 am

The steadily shrinking percentage of Arctic sea ice, rising sea levels and the world-wide retreat of glaciers are facts.
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Tyrannical

Post by Tyrannical » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:32 am

JimC wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:44 am
The steadily shrinking percentage of Arctic sea ice, rising sea levels and the world-wide retreat of glaciers are facts.
So..... physics question.

How inland and how quick to make a killing on the Australian real-estate market?
A rational skeptic should be able to discuss and debate anything, no matter how much they may personally disagree with that point of view. Discussing a subject is not agreeing with it, but understanding it.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:25 am

Galaxian wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:04 am
Brian Peacock wrote:

Over the past two decades, the phenomenon of climate denial has come into focus almost as much as climate change itself. We've now reached the point where the Republican Party is virtually the only conservative party in the world that's still playing ostrich when it comes to climate change. But is denialism alone enough to explain the psychological resistance to saving the planet?
Salon spoke with Gifford to explore this broader landscape. The transcript has been edited for clarity and space....
Original paper: Gifford: Dragons of Inaction: Psychological Barriers That Limit Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation
Really scraping the bottom of the barrel, Brian. You're reduced to quoting from a shrink?! Even Sigmund Fraud was smarter...
With the empirical justification for climate and environmental denialism so thoroughly undermined then one naturally looks to other reasons why deniers keep their faith in spite of the evidence. If you'd read the paper you'd be aware of the hard science backing up Dr Gifford's postulates. Feel free to dispute that science in scientific terms anytime you like.
Galaxian wrote:
But seriously, you lot have nothing to worry about, since their many predictions of no more snow after several years ago & no more arctic ice, etc have all come true, eh?
Citation required. What was said, exactly, by whom, when, and in what context. These vague 'they said this' and 'they said that' are indistinguishable from fallacious strawmen.
Galaxian wrote:
So you only need to refer to the latest videos to show zero snow cover. Some horror announcement clips from 2' 45" on:
[snip vid] :biggrin:
It is not beyond the wit or resources of most people to understand a rational argument or to consider the sources which might underpin it - even if one is not a scientists. How about you make those arguments instead of outsourcing your opinions to the moving image eh? At least quote your sources and/or reference the time in the video which you think is pertinent to your point.

BTW: Still waiting for that 'honest' reply to my earlier posts here and here.

:sheep: :tea: :sheep: :tea: :sheep: :tea: :sheep: :tea: :sheep: :tea: :sheep: :tea: :sheep: :tea: :sheep:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Galaxian

Post by Galaxian » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:06 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:25 am
Galaxian wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:

With the empirical justification for climate and environmental denialism[superstitious hysteria (now corrected)] so thoroughly undermined then one naturally looks to other reasons why deniers keep their faith in spite of the evidence. If you'd read the paper you'd be aware of the hard science backing up Dr Gifford's postulates. Feel free to dispute that science in scientific terms anytime you like.
Galaxian wrote:
But seriously, you lot have nothing to worry about, since their many predictions of no more snow after several years ago & no more arctic ice, etc have all come true, eh?
Citation required. What was said, exactly, by whom, when, and in what context. These vague 'they said this' and 'they said that' are indistinguishable from fallacious strawmen.
Talk about strawmen! Every one of my posts has had citations embedded in the videos posted. If you can't be bothered to look at the videos & note the many citations, that is not my fault or the video maker's fault. There's no law that says factual presentations must be printed on dusty old tomes and read for a month before a response may be made.

Take for example my response to L'Emmerdeur, here, viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9036&start=2085#p1846846 where I pointed out the blunder in his post, where he states:
"In addition, the Maunder Minimum occurred .....before the onset of the Maunder Minimum." He STILL could not understand or admit where he had stuffed up! So how can he or you understand a formal presentation in a scientific journal. And if you did, I doubt that you would admit (as I have done frequently in the past) to your mistake. Remember, I used to be a strong anthropogenic global warming advocate, until Galaxian put me right & directed me to the factual data & evidence to show it was all a hoax.
Galaxian wrote:
So you only need to refer to the latest videos to show zero snow cover. Some horror announcement clips from 2' 45" on:
[snip vid] :biggrin:
It is not beyond the wit or resources of most people to understand a rational argument or to consider the sources which might underpin it - even if one is not a scientists. How about you make those arguments instead of outsourcing your opinions to the moving image eh? At least quote your sources and/or reference the time in the video which you think is pertinent to your point.
BTW: Still waiting for that 'honest' reply to my earlier posts here and here.
TOTALLY wrong! It IS "beyond the wit or resources of most people to understand a rational argument or to consider the sources which might underpin it" The evidence is all around you. How else do you explain wars & religion & ongoing corruption, etc, etc. All widespread for thousands of years? And as noted above, all my posts have frequent citations & links... if you bothered to actually look at them. :flog:
The true seeker looks for the truth wherever it may be and readily accepts it, without shame, without hope for reward and without fear of punishment._Sam Nejad
There's no Mercy. There's no Justice. There is only Natural Selection! _Galaxian
The more important a news item, the more likely that it's a hidden agenda disinformation_Galaxian
"This world of sheeple has no hope!" Thus just 13 years left before extinction by AI_ Galaxian

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:15 pm

You know exactly what I meant, and you do both your own and my intelligence a disservice by pretending otherwise. It's up to you to support your contentions when directly asked to in honest discourse. Attempting to argue by proxy and linking to hours of conspiracy and science denialsim opinion videos--when you could easily communicate your own thoughts in your own words--acts as neither as explanation or justification for your statements and remarks. In the meantime I shall continue to aspire towards an honest discourse with you and for you to argue your own case and qualify your own assertions in good faith - though I am sure by now that this is a foolhardy aspiration on my part.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Galaxian

Post by Galaxian » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:39 pm

JimC wrote:
Are they now? You didn't notice the predictions of the end of Arctic sea ice i my previous posts? All will citations. You don't know that the rising sea leavels have been ongoing since the end of the last Ice Age? And that the rise is smaller than they claim. You did not notice that glaciers have always advanced & retreated?
Putting your devotion in Greta Thunberg & corrupt politicians such as Al Gore is a mistake. Think for yourself!
https://www.thenewamerican.com/tech/env ... imate-lies
"it is more likely that sea levels will decline, not rise, explained Dr. Nils-Axel Mörner, the retired head of the paleogeophysics and geodynamics at Stockholm University. A new solar-driven cooling period is not far off, he said. But when Mörner tried to warn the UN IPCC that it was publishing false information that would inevitably be discredited, they simply ignored him. And so, dismayed, he resigned in disgust and decided to blow the whistle.
Asked if coastal cities such as Miami would be flooding due to sea-level rise caused by alleged man-made global warming, Mörner was unequivocal: “Absolutely not.” “There is no rapid sea-level rise going on today, and there will not be,” he said, citing observable data. “On the contrary, if anything happens, the sea will go down a little.” The widely respected scientist, who has been tracking sea levels in various parts of the globe for some 50 years, blasted those who use incorrect “correction factors” in their data to make it appear that seas are rising worldwide. That is just wrong, he said."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB0aFPXr4n4
:banghead:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:45 pm

Galaxian wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:06 pm
Remember, I used to be a strong anthropogenic global warming advocate, until Galaxian put me right & directed me to the factual data & evidence to show it was all a hoax.
So do we add "split personality" to the list of your afflictions? :ask:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:14 pm

He's turned full Thunderf00t now. :)

Frank Zappa

Galaxian

Post by Galaxian » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:22 pm

Tyrannical wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:32 am
JimC wrote:
So..... physics question.
How inland and how quick to make a killing on the Australian real-estate market?
That's a good question, and it depends on how much money can be made, and how many new laws & taxes can be introduced by our lords & masters.

@JimC: For sea level rises go to Tim Ball's lecture (my second videos a few pages ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1VJtER2IUE ) & start at 6 minutes. The entire videos is excellent.
Here's an insight into the politics, such as UN Agenda 21 & Agenda 2030. Our lords & masters are NOT Divine Angels, they are Demons!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM4pBmZ9fTU
:zilla:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:47 pm

Thank you for that video Galaxian - it aptly demonstrates my point. Moral arguments which seek to refute the science are a fallacy of composition. Arguments over what we should do as a society given the facts of the matter are a different matter. However, we are not treated to that here, but instead we get a duplititous narrative which casts climate science and scientists as a malign and mendacious force. It's made clear from this video that its contributors are not in favour of structural measures to mitigate the climate and environmental emergency, instead they favour the corporatists business-as-usual status quo which places profits and the avoidance of the consequential environmental costs associated with doing absolutely nothing but more of the same. To call an entire branch of robust science a malicious hoax in this context is an example of moral hypocrisy of the highest order.

Frank Zappa

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:16 pm

Actually a good point. Capitalism is not set up to work with any reductions. Only spending is "good."