Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by Cunt » Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:36 pm

rainbow wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:28 am
Cunt wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:46 pm
My pal is about to replace her car (I'm guessing...electrical weirdness and long service)

There simply isn't any other way, that I can see. Running everywhere is NOT an option, for parenting and other reasons. Public transit here is woefully inadequate, and electric is an amusing experiment at -40 degrees.

If one of you would be so kind as to find something better, I'll try to see that she knows about it.
How about a big ol' Merkin V8?
That's more MY style. This is a lady who publicly 'believes' in the climate change, and wants to do right by earth.

But there just aren't better options for a parent living this life, in this place.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:15 pm

Then you'll have to stick with what works until alternatives become available.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:27 pm

Germany is forecast to record its biggest rise in greenhouse gas emissions since 1990 this year as the economy rebounds from the pandemic-related downturn, according to a report by an environmental thinktank.

Berlin-based Agora Energiewende said the country’s emissions would probably rise by the equivalent of 47m tons of carbon dioxide.

The increase means Germany’s emissions will be about 37% lower than in 1990. It had aimed to cut emissions by 40% by 2020, and met the target last year but only due to the economic downturn.

The government recently pledged to increase efforts to combat climate change and reduce emissions to net zero by 2045.

The report draws on data from the first half of 2021 to forecast total emissions equivalent to 760-812m tons of CO2 for the full year.

It also shows a significant increase in consumption of fossil fuels across the building, industrial and transport sectors. If confirmed, the German government will be required by law to introduce urgent measures to reduce those sectoral emissions...

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... r-30-years
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:23 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:15 pm
Then you'll have to stick with what works until alternatives become available.
I'm trying to convince her to move up to a half-ton truck. ('normal' pickup, as we consider them here)

It sounds like a lot, but hear me out.

If she gets the truck, it will be because of the load it can haul. This opens her up to later purchase of boat, camper/trailer or utility trailer.

If she goes the camper route (I think she might) then every vacation that is taken in it, is one less trip internationally. Last time she took her kid on vacay, it was France. Before that, I think Aus. Couple hundred miles on the highway kind of seems small by comparison.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

macdoc
Twitcher

Post by macdoc » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:36 am

Depends on the driving.
If you buy a hybrid with a decent EV only range then even if you get less performance you still benefit a lot for day to day trips.
One client said he only filled up once every 3 months or so on his PHEV.

All vehicles have reduced mpg in very cold weather.

https://www.driveelectricvt.com/blog/winter

https://www.carfax.com/blog/cheapest-hybrid-cars
The longest range PHEV available for purchase today is the BMW i3 REx with a 126-mile electric range. What PHEV has the longest total range? The Toyota RAV4 Prime has the longest total range at 600 miles on a full charge and a full gasoline tank.15 July 2021
Towing is bad news on EVs.
Resident in Cairns Australia Australia> CB300F • Travel photos https://500px.com/p/macdoc?view=galleries

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:46 am

Why? EVs have full torque available from the get go. Or are you talking about range?
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:49 pm

Cunt wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:36 pm
rainbow wrote:
Cunt wrote:
My pal is about to replace her car (I'm guessing...electrical weirdness and long service)

There simply isn't any other way, that I can see. Running everywhere is NOT an option, for parenting and other reasons. Public transit here is woefully inadequate, and electric is an amusing experiment at -40 degrees.

If one of you would be so kind as to find something better, I'll try to see that she knows about it.
That's more MY style. This is a lady who publicly 'believes' in the climate change, and wants to do right by earth.
...so a '74 Monaco fer instance has already paid it's carbon footprint dues, and although the fuel consumption is awful, it will never catch up to the carbon footprint of a new EV based on manufacture. That's if you use it just to drive occasionally, and use the bike/donkey/walk for the short distances.

Going on vacation? Hire a bloody camper :fp:
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:05 pm

rainbow wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:49 pm
Cunt wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:36 pm
rainbow wrote:
Cunt wrote:

...so a '74 Monaco fer instance has already paid it's carbon footprint dues, and although the fuel consumption is awful, it will never catch up to the carbon footprint of a new EV based on manufacture. That's if you use it just to drive occasionally, and use the bike/donkey/walk for the short distances.

Going on vacation? Hire a bloody camper :fp:
Your ignorance of her needs is as shocking as your steady support of nutty ideas.

You should try living in unusual parts of the world. Or at least imagining them. Nevermind, I know it wouldn't fit with your character here.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

macdoc
Twitcher

Post by macdoc » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:52 pm

Why? EVs have full torque available from the get go. Or are you talking about range?
Range.
Resident in Cairns Australia Australia> CB300F • Travel photos https://500px.com/p/macdoc?view=galleries

Joe

Post by Joe » Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:10 pm

This has been coming for a long time.

EXPLAINER: Western states face first federal water cuts
WASHINGTON (AP) – U.S. officials on Monday are expected to declare the first-ever water shortage from a river that serves 40 million people in the West, triggering cuts to some Arizona farmers next year amid a gripping drought.

Water levels at the largest reservoir on the Colorado River — Lake Mead — have fallen to record lows. Along its perimeter, a white "bathtub ring" of minerals outlines where the high water line once stood, underscoring the acute water challenges for a region facing a growing population and a drought that is being worsened by hotter, drier weather brought on by climate change.

States, cities, farmers and others have diversified their water sources over the years, helping soften the blow of the upcoming cuts. But if current conditions persist — or intensify — additional cuts in coming years will be more deeply felt.

Lake Mead was formed by building Hoover Dam in the 1930s. It is one of several man-made reservoirs that store water from the Colorado River, which supplies drinking water, irrigation for farms and hydropower to Arizona, California, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming and parts of Mexico.

But water levels at Lake Mead and Lake Powell, the river's two largest reservoirs, have been falling for years and faster than experts predicted. Scorching temperatures and less melting snow in the spring have reduced the amount of water flowing from the Rocky Mountains, where the river originates before it snakes 1,450 miles (2,334 kilometers) southwest and into the Gulf of California.

"We’re at a moment where we’re reckoning with how we continue to flourish with less water, and it’s very painful," said Sarah Porter, director of the Kyl Center for Water Policy at Arizona State University.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

rainbow

Post by rainbow » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:06 am

Cunt wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:05 pm

Your ignorance of her needs is as shocking as your steady support of nutty ideas.
I should care about her First World problems?
Really, why?
You should try living in unusual parts of the world.
Nanook, a-no-no.
BArF−4

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:13 pm

rainbow wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:06 am
Really, why?
I shouldn't have mistaken your words as sincere interest. I'll try to remember what you are.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:27 pm

:tea:

Frank Zappa

rainbow

Post by rainbow » Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:40 pm

Cunt wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:13 pm
rainbow wrote:
Really, why?
I shouldn't have mistaken your words as sincere interest. I'll try to remember what you are.
You have no clue.
BArF−4

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:44 pm

rainbow wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:40 pm
Cunt wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:13 pm
rainbow wrote:
Really, why?
You have no clue.
I know your value.

Impotent, angry, inconsistent, incoherent.

Cheer up, maybe you'll say something right. Even a stopped clock...
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote: