Gain of Function Research

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Re: Gain of Function Research

Post by laklak » Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:44 pm

That'd we'd be dead? Only if they deploy. But if you think there isn't a stockpile of chemical and biological weapons in all three of those countries you've mentioned then I've got some North Korean Olympic Gold Medals to sell you.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:31 pm

laklak wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:44 pm
That'd we'd be dead? Only if they deploy. But if you think there isn't a stockpile of chemical and biological weapons in all three of those countries you've mentioned then I've got some North Korean Olympic Gold Medals to sell you.
What about what I've posted here gives you any idea that I'd "think there isn't a stockpile of chemical and biological weapons in all three of those countries"?

You're talking nonsense.

I pointed out that they have the capability, so why are you confused? :ask:

Of course they wouldn't deploy. It would invite the most GodAwful retaliation with nukes:

The point you miss is that gain of function research has nothing to do with any need to make any more biological weapons.
:whisper: They have these already. :whisper:
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

laklak

Post by laklak » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:00 am

Oh come on. Of course they use GOF in weapons development. That's not ALL it's used for, no more than nuclear physics is only used for weapons. No more than Newtonian physics is used only used in artillery targeting.

BUT - when they lie, repeatedly, and under oath, about funding Wuhan. When they lie, repeatedly, and under oath, about GOF research done on Corona. When they lie, repeatedly, and under oath, about it coming from a 'wet market', and not from a fucking lab leak from a third world level containment facility. I mean jesus christ, were you born yesterday? I'm missing nothing here, you, however, are drinking massive amounts of governmental Kool Aid, which is surprising coming from a South African, who should certainly have a better Government Bullshit Detector then you're exhibiting.

Did the ANC give you a new washing machine yet, or are you still waiting? I personally have given up on Eswatini being 'First World in 2022', but maybe I'm just jaded, eh?

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:57 am

laklak wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:00 am
Oh come on. Of course they use GOF in weapons development. That's not ALL it's used for, no more than nuclear physics is only used for weapons. No more than Newtonian physics is used only used in artillery targeting.

BUT - when they lie, repeatedly, and under oath, about funding Wuhan. When they lie, repeatedly, and under oath, about GOF research done on Corona. When they lie, repeatedly, and under oath, about it coming from a 'wet market', and not from a fucking lab leak from a third world level containment facility. I mean jesus christ, were you born yesterday? I'm missing nothing here, you, however, are drinking massive amounts of governmental Kool Aid, which is surprising coming from a South African, who should certainly have a better Government Bullshit Detector then you're exhibiting.

Did the ANC give you a new washing machine yet, or are you still waiting? I personally have given up on Eswatini being 'First World in 2022', but maybe I'm just jaded, eh?
It seems as though you object to gain of function research because it can and most probably is used to gain military advantages. If that is the case, you may as well object to all other research for the same reason. Kiss the James Webb telescope goodbye. And medical science. In fact, just about any and every scientific research done on the planet. We'll just have to consult Genesis for our cosmology and pray to God to make things better.

As for rainbow being South African, where did you get that from? He only ever said he is African. Africa is a big continent, populated by 1.3 billion people in 54 countries. Some of those are islands in the Atlantic and Indian oceans.

For all we know, rainbow might be living in a postage stamp sized country with a population of less than 1.3 million. What's more, he definitely identifies as an African, but he might not have been born, nor grown up there. He never said one way or another.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:22 am

But he eats Missionaries.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:43 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:22 am
Definitely South African then.

My bad. :mrgreen:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

laklak

Post by laklak » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:22 am

It's an educated guess.

I don't object to GOF, I object to government obfuscation, lying, and overall general bullshit. Honestly, does anyone believe this shit happened because some fuckhead ate a fucking bat? Really?

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:22 am

Argument from incredulity...
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:43 am

laklak wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:22 am
It's an educated guess.
Because African means South African? Because the eating of missionaries has been historically limited to South Africa? Because every African working in the chemical industry must live in South Africa?

A guess it is. Educated not so much.

laklak wrote:
I don't object to GOF...
While there is an obvious avenue for plausible deniability (reference to Rand Paul. Yeah. Right. You would put your objection to him this way. :roll: ), this looks like a sarcastically put objection to gain of function research:
laklak wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:39 am
Yeah, what could possibly go wrong?

laklak wrote:
...I object to government obfuscation, lying, and overall general bullshit. Honestly, does anyone believe this shit happened because some fuckhead ate a fucking bat? Really?

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:20 am

laklak wrote:It's an educated guess.

I don't object to GOF, I object to government obfuscation, lying, and overall general bullshit. Honestly, does anyone believe this shit happened because some fuckhead ate a fucking bat? Really?
Have you noticed how these 'concerns' are being pinned on Biden? Biden is lying, the Democrats are hiding the truth? And historically, retrospectively, they're being pinned on Obama? Do you not find that curious, or informative? We went through this with our settler from the frozen North, who, it seemed, had somehow become primed and triggered to equate the concept in general only with Democrat nefariousness and malignancy.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

rainbow

Post by rainbow » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:44 am

laklak wrote:
Yup.
It's like saying that because I use a beaker in the lab, I must be making chemical weapons.

:prof: Clearly Absurd. :prof:
BArF−4

hackenslash
Fundie Baiter...errr. Fun Debater
About me: I've got a little black book with my poems in...

Post by hackenslash » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:26 pm

Well, this is an oddity, and no mistake. A thread in which I'm more closely aligned with Rainbow than with Lak.
Dogma is the death of the intellect

laklak

Post by laklak » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:24 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:20 am
Have you noticed how these 'concerns' are being pinned on Biden? Biden is lying, the Democrats are hiding the truth? And historically, retrospectively, they're being pinned on Obama? Do you not find that curious, or informative? We went through this with our settler from the frozen North, who, it seemed, had somehow become primed and triggered to equate the concept in general only with Democrat nefariousness and malignancy.
I'm an equal opportunity curmudgeon. It's no more Biden's fault than it is Trump's. This is deep state, need to know shit. Faucci's (and presumably at least some of his minions) have been in NIAID since 1984.

Of course the right pins it on Biden, like the left pinned Mexican babies in cages on Trump.

rainbow

Post by rainbow » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:54 pm

laklak wrote:

BUT - when they lie, repeatedly, and under oath, about funding Wuhan. When they lie, repeatedly, and under oath, about GOF research done on Corona. When they lie, repeatedly, and under oath, about it coming from a 'wet market', and not from a fucking lab leak from a third world level containment facility. I mean jesus christ, were you born yesterday?
Who lied, and when?

linky-poo?
(Does not include sources from the Republican Propaganda machine)

I shall point out where you got lost in the ultra-right-wing rabbit hole.

You'll thank me for it
BArF−4

rainbow

Post by rainbow » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:57 pm

Hermit wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:43 am
pErvinalia wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:22 am
Definitely South African then.

My bad. :mrgreen:
Damn, caught out.
...but how do you know that the missionary was a Seffican?
BArF−4