Race Realism

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Re: Race Realism

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:22 am

L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:57 am
The above correlates with the frequently cited (in discussions with crusaders like Galaxian) fact that most genetic variation is found within human populations rather than between them. Though a simplified formulation dealing with a complex topic, it remains accurate.
The fact that, given enough genetic data, individuals can be correctly assigned to their populations of origin is compatible with the observation that most human genetic variation is found within populations, not between them. It is also compatible with our finding that, even when the most distinct populations are considered and hundreds of loci are used, individuals are frequently more similar to members of other populations than to members of their own population. Thus, caution should be used when using geographic or genetic ancestry to make inferences about individual phenotypes.

[source]
Damn, I neglected to find a YouTube video that would settle this. Ah well.
We should remember that Brian Peacock has already pointed out how the obligations of honest discourse simply do not apply when one's focus is portraying oneself to oneself as the brightest light in the room. :)
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:08 am

Brian Peacock wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:22 am
We should remember that Brian Peacock has already pointed out how the obligations of honest discourse simply do not apply when one's focus is portraying oneself to oneself as the brightest light in the room. :)
Well I'm the dimmest bulb here and proud of it.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:05 am

Derp
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

rainbow

Post by rainbow » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:18 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:05 am
Derp
:hehe:
BArF−4

Woodbutcher
Stray Cat
Stray Cat
About me: Still crazy after all these years.

Post by Woodbutcher » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:32 pm

rainbow wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:08 am
Brian Peacock wrote:
Energy saving mode?
If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.-Red Green
"Yo". Rocky
"Never been worried about what other people see when they look at me". Gawdzilla
"No friends currently defined." Friends & Foes.

Galaxian
About me: Too old & too far away from the Beloved...

Post by Galaxian » Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:24 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
L'Emmerdeur wrote:
The above correlates with the frequently cited (in discussions with crusaders like Galaxian) fact that most genetic variation is found within human populations rather than between them. Though a simplified formulation dealing with a complex topic, it remains accurate.
The fact that, given enough genetic data, individuals can be correctly assigned to their populations of origin is compatible with the observation that most human genetic variation is found within populations, not between them. It is also compatible with our finding that, even when the most distinct populations are considered and hundreds of loci are used, individuals are frequently more similar to members of other populations than to members of their own population. Thus, caution should be used when using geographic or genetic ancestry to make inferences about individual phenotypes.
[source]
Galaxian is happy that the entity known as Brian Peacock has achieved awareness of sorts, to the extent It is now able to dissociate its consciousness from its physical identity and thus refer to itself in the third person.
Here's a good YouTube video that settles the fact that there are several times more subspecies than species. And these subspecies are erroneously given species names due to ignorance and the vanity of biologists who want the accolade of being identified with the naming honors.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntixPcQUB-g
:biggrin:
The true seeker looks for the truth wherever it may be and readily accepts it, without shame, without hope for reward and without fear of punishment._Sam Nejad
There's no Mercy. There's no Justice. There is only Natural Selection! _Galaxian
The more important a news item, the more likely that it's a hidden agenda disinformation_Galaxian
"This world of sheeple has no hope!" Thus just 13 years left before extinction by AI_ Galaxian

rainbow

Post by rainbow » Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:41 pm

Woodbutcher wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:32 pm
rainbow wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:
Energy saving mode?
Not easily led
BArF−4

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:23 pm

Galaxian wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:
L'Emmerdeur wrote:
[source]
Galaxian is happy that the entity known as Brian Peacock has achieved awareness of sorts, to the extent It is now able to dissociate its consciousness from its physical identity and thus refer to itself in the third person.
Here's a good YouTube video that settles the fact that there are several times more subspecies than species. And these subspecies are erroneously given species names due to ignorance and the vanity of biologists who want the accolade of being identified with the naming honors.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntixPcQUB-g

Galaxian's assertion, that human races exist, is not supported by the existence of biological sub-species unless, that is, Galaxian can a) demonstrate that 'race' in the context of human populations is a valid and accepted synonym for 'biological sub-species', and b) identify the biological factors applied to the set of all humans such that each individual can be categorically assigned to one putative race group and consequently distinguished, and therefore excluded, from all other race groups.

Galaxian's silence on these matters continues to be the most noteworthy feature of his screed.

Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:31 pm

Every time Hermit encounters a post authored by Glaxative, he evaluates assertions made therein in the context of another assertion Glaxative made, namely that he has travelled to and from other planets.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:05 pm

depends, do we have any evidence whether glaxative posts sober or on acid?
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:08 pm

Svartalf wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:05 pm
depends, do we have any evidence whether glaxative posts sober or on acid?
Neither. I evaluate his state of mind by what he posts. Read this one, and make of it what you will.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:20 pm

well, anyone posting with neurons in that state has been taking something really potent, and ought to take a rest
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:47 pm

Hermit wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:31 pm
Every time Hermit encounters a post authored by Glaxative, he evaluates assertions made therein in the context of another assertion Glaxative made, namely that he has travelled to and from other planets.
:this:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:45 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Afdave's Fourth Law comes to mind: Unanswerable questions are invisible.

Woodbutcher
Stray Cat
Stray Cat
About me: Still crazy after all these years.

Post by Woodbutcher » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:52 pm

rainbow wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:41 pm
Woodbutcher wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:32 pm
rainbow wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:
Energy saving mode?
Not easily led
Can the brightest light be led?
If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.-Red Green
"Yo". Rocky
"Never been worried about what other people see when they look at me". Gawdzilla
"No friends currently defined." Friends & Foes.