Epic Correction of the Decade

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: Epic Correction of the Decade

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:55 pm

Sure thing bro
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:06 pm

mistermack wrote:
pErvin wrote:
mistermack wrote:Funnily enough, you could produce a much longer list of organisations who believe in god.

And Universities give out degrees in that shit.

People believing stuff is clear evidence that it's right. Inshallah.
You still struggling to understand the difference between religion and science? :think:
"Climate science" ? Absolutely.

You need faith for both. I go on evidence, not what I'm drip fed.
If you need faith for both religion and science where exactly does evidence sit in relation to either of those two things?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

mistermack
About me: Never rong.

Post by mistermack » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:49 am

Brian Peacock wrote: If you need faith for both religion and science where exactly does evidence sit in relation to either of those two things?
You need faith to believe the shit that we are fed by "climate science".

No other science works on such flimsy foundations.
I have no problem with the STUDY of climate. One day we might be able to forecast it accurately.

I don't class climate science as real science because there is no restraint. You can claim anything you like, so long as it involves climate catastrophe caused by man. Nobody will take you to task, or falsify your claims.
Because there are no proper scientists left in the field. They are all committed activists.

I say sack the fucking lot, and start again. Every department should have a fully funded sceptical section. What emerges then might be worth listening to.

All proper sciences tear any new theory to bits, as soon as it's written. If it can withstand that, it might be worth something.
While there is a market for shit, there will be assholes to supply it.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:02 am

Global warming isn't a "new theory". What planet are you from?!?
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:32 am

mistermack wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote: If you need faith for both religion and science where exactly does evidence sit in relation to either of those two things?
You need faith to believe the shit that we are fed by "climate science".

No other science works on such flimsy foundations.
I have no problem with the STUDY of climate. One day we might be able to forecast it accurately.

I don't class climate science as real science because there is no restraint. You can claim anything you like, so long as it involves climate catastrophe caused by man. Nobody will take you to task, or falsify your claims.
Because there are no proper scientists left in the field. They are all committed activists.

I say sack the fucking lot, and start again. Every department should have a fully funded sceptical section. What emerges then might be worth listening to.

All proper sciences tear any new theory to bits, as soon as it's written. If it can withstand that, it might be worth something.
Yes, all proper sciences tear new hypotheses (not theories) to bits, testing the hypothesis and the supporting data against its conclusions or implications as well as against independent observations. Science progresses by developing methodologies to test hypotheses and through the system of peer review, where information is placed in the scientific domain specifically for other scientists to take a pop at it. Over time, models might be created against which to test other, as yet to be gathered sets of data. The subsequent data and the models developed to encompass it are assessed for their predictive power, and at each step all information associated with hypotheses; the data, the methodologies, and the conclusions or inferences, are refined or, if found wanting, brutally discarded. In fact, the majority of hypotheses are indeed discarded - which is only to be expected because the process of tearing a hypothesis to bits is not an exercise in confirmation but one of refutation. Nonetheless, sometimes, given adequate time, and resources, and if the models remain stable, and if they continue to have predictive power, and if they continue to be amenable to refinement, and if they resist all attempts to tear them to bits, then perhaps a hypothesis might, eventually, struggle towards a contribution to a general theory, and then perhaps to a theory proper, and then perhaps even to a law. But along the way proper scientists are not concerned with how they are right but in demonstrating how they and their colleagues are wrong. How else do you think the current scientific consensus on anthropogenic climate change has been arrived at?

Every proper scientists is an epistemological sceptic - they don't claim to know that which cannot be justified evidentially, and they don't accept claims, or expect other scientists to accept their claims, on faith. The scientific method of testing hypotheses' to destruction in order to see if they can withstand that 'being torn to bits' is called falsification. You may find this link useful.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:02 am

Brian Peacock wrote: How else do you think the current scientific consensus on anthropogenic climate change has been arrived at?

A shadowy cabal of Joo bankers. Duh.

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:09 am

How can you possibly discuss climate sciece with mistermack? It's like Historical Jesus in Ratskep:
http://www.rationalskepticism.org/post2 ... s#p2561996
42000 posts, no sign of an end.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:54 am

I think we should have a thread discussing whether a historical mistermack existed...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:12 am

Fucking Jooz. They cause ALL the problems. Fuck them. Where's Gawd when you need him?
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Woodbutcher
Stray Cat
Stray Cat
About me: Still crazy after all these years.

Post by Woodbutcher » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:38 am

laklak wrote:Fucking Jooz. They cause ALL the problems. Fuck them. Where's Gawd when you need him?
Well, he did sleep through the holocaust....
If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.-Red Green
"Yo". Rocky
"Never been worried about what other people see when they look at me". Gawdzilla
"No friends currently defined." Friends & Foes.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:40 am

Frank Zappa

mistermack

Post by mistermack » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:37 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:[Every proper scientists is an epistemological sceptic - they don't claim to know that which cannot be justified evidentially, and they don't accept claims, or expect other scientists to accept their claims, on faith.
My point re-stated.

That's why climate science in it's current state isn't proper science.

It doesn't even make accurate predictions. It actually can be made to predict anything and everything.
Just give the models a tiny tweak.

It's current state is utter bollocks. That doesn't mean it will stay there. But nobody should be wasting money at present, based on the predictions of climate scientists. So far, the record is 100% fail.

I will admit though, that their predictions of the past are very good. Well done everybody !!

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:02 pm

mistermack wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:[Every proper scientists is an epistemological sceptic - they don't claim to know that which cannot be justified evidentially, and they don't accept claims, or expect other scientists to accept their claims, on faith.
My point re-stated.

It doesn't even make accurate predictions. It actually can be made to predict anything and everything.

It's current state is utter bollocks. That doesn't mean it will stay there. But nobody should be wasting money at present, based on the predictions of climate scientists. So far, the record is 100% fail.

I will admit though, that their predictions of the past are very good. Well done everybody !!
Except that they have predicted an increase in temperatures and sea-levels.
https://cosmosmagazine.com/climate/sea- ... nland-melt

You are not very good at this Denialist stuff. At least make an effort so we can have a proper argument.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

mistermack

Post by mistermack » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:14 pm

rainbow wrote: Except that they have predicted an increase in temperatures and sea-levels.
https://cosmosmagazine.com/climate/sea- ... nland-melt

You are not very good at this Denialist stuff. At least make an effort so we can have a proper argument.
"an increase" is a meaningless claim.

They predicted significant increases, and got insignificant increases.
I predict that they will stay insignificant. See? Anyone can predict anything they like.
Climate science makes bucketloads of predictions every year. They can always point to ONE that was right.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:16 pm

mistermack wrote:
My point re-stated.

You are the ultimate armchair expert. Absolutely no fucking clue.