Radiation and Respiration

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Re: Radiation and Respiration

Post by JimC » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:18 am

mistermack wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:You told us your opinion, not why you hold it. Apparently it's self-evident, like the Archbishops used to say about original sin. :tea:
If you don't think it's self evident, there's no hope for you. :funny:
Again, that's just what Christians say about being an unbeliever means you'll go to hell...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:42 am

Indeed - like the votaries of many religions are want to say, "If you can't accept it's self-evident then you'll just have to fake it 'till you make it." But I won't be putting my faith in Mr M's opinion until there's some robust datasets to support it, data which justifies a logically consistent explanation for what we actually observe in the real world.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

DRSB

Post by DRSB » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:25 am

So, surprise, surprise!
Turns out, there is a method that cures illnesses by limiting the oxydative stress or Oxygen-poisoning! The essence of the method: deep breathing is harmful.
Very effective especially for asthma, many studies in the ex-USSR.
I think I have intuitively discovered this, my habit of subtle breathing that is often the subject of criticism in public speaking (no voice volume) may have spared me some premature aging. Also, my fascination with trance states that are usually relaxed, also relaxed respiratory muscles, may have given me some additional benefits.
Lots of resources in Russian, I am watching interviews with Dr. Buteyko. Here is something in English for you: https://articles.mercola.com/sites/arti ... ethod.aspx

DRSB

Post by DRSB » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:30 am

DRSB wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:25 am
So, surprise, surprise!
Turns out, there is a method that cures illnesses by limiting the oxydative stress or Oxygen-poisoning! The essence of the method: deep breathing is harmful.
I think I have intuitively discovered this, my habit of subtle breathing that is often the subject of criticism in public speaking (no voice volume) may have spared me some premature aging. Also, my fascination with trance states that are usually relaxed, also relaxed respiratory muscles, may have given me some additional benefits.
Lots of resources in Russian, I am watching interviews with Dr. Buteyko. Here is something in English for you: https://articles.mercola.com/sites/arti ... ethod.aspx

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:33 pm

DRSB wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:44 am
Tero wrote:Another O2 book appeared, by Donald Canfield.
Thanks, will check it out.
Did you know that if you squish oxygen up to 100 000 atmospheres it becomes a red solid?
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

DRSB

Post by DRSB » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:29 pm

There are many things I did not know about Oxygen. I also didn't know that we need CO2, I thought it was just a waste product. Turns out too much oxygen causes anxiety and panic, one old treatment method is breathing in a paper bag, to inhale the CO2 and counteract the oxygen.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:15 pm

Rambling off-topic slightly, I'll just say that oxygen sucks. If you can do away with it, a simple sourdough turns into a foundry.

Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:42 pm

DRSB wrote:
So, surprise, surprise!
My youngest son Nick had a moderate case of asthma when he was young. Bron did not like the chemical methods of treatment, and found a practitioner of the Buteyko method of controlled breathing. I was skeptical at first - I have little patience with anything that smacks of woo. However, it was remarkably effective, and Nick was asthma free in less than a year...
And my gin!

DRSB

Post by DRSB » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:49 pm

JimC wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:42 pm
DRSB wrote:
So, surprise, surprise!
My youngest son Nick had a moderate case of asthma when he was young. Bron did not like the chemical methods of treatment, and found a practitioner of the Buteyko method of controlled breathing. I was skeptical at first - I have little patience with anything that smacks of woo. However, it was remarkably effective, and Nick was asthma free in less than a year...
Why should it be woo? He is a medical doctor, there were many trials in the USSR.

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:58 pm

DRSB wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:49 pm
JimC wrote:
DRSB wrote:
So, surprise, surprise!
Why should it be woo? He is a medical doctor, there were many trials in the USSR.
In the end I agreed it was not woo; I tend to be somewhat suspicious of "natural" therapies, but his method certainly works. Really, it should be promoted and utilised more by mainstream medicine. If I was being paranoid, I may even think that big Pharma is pushing its lucrative asthma drugs at doctors... :tea:
And my gin!

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:38 pm

7FF7FDD3-76BD-4E3B-9133-B170839B4E8A.jpeg
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:39 pm

another Onion reprise or is that one of your own conception?
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:03 am

Mine, it says 2013.

DRSB

Post by DRSB » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:40 am

JimC wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:58 pm
DRSB wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:49 pm
JimC wrote:
DRSB wrote:
So, surprise, surprise!
In the end I agreed it was not woo; I tend to be somewhat suspicious of "natural" therapies, but his method certainly works. Really, it should be promoted and utilised more by mainstream medicine. If I was being paranoid, I may even think that big Pharma is pushing its lucrative asthma drugs at doctors... :tea:
Not only for asthma, also for panic attacks and depression useful. There is a method called "Mitohormesis". I think I have discovered it intuitively by falling into natural trances where the breathing becomes very minimal, light and shallow. I have rationalized it as "I simply forget to breathe" but it is one of the signs of trance. It started with things like being an avid reader early on. When you are engulfed in the process, you naturally enter a trance. The upside is that it seems to have slowed down my aging. I go out socializing a lot (today I will be giving a talk about Armenia and presenting my photo book) and men hit on me that are much younger, like by 10-15 years. They think I am their age, max. 40. I will be 51 in three weeks. My mom will be 80 soon and has no wrinkles, a really smooth forehead, I think she is a shallow breather too.
I may have had an asthma too as a child as I remember when I was about 3-4, my mom took me to the sea where she woke me up at 4 a.m or thereabouts and we went to the shore for me to breathe in the iodine vapours from the sea, something recommended by dottore. Then the condition went away but I started reading at 4, I really see a connection between my natural trances, my breathing and some beneficial health effects.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:44 am

I’m not buying it. The levels of oxygen are relatively low in cells. It may be high in the blood stream, but there is no point keeping it higher than necessary inside cells. Muscle cells may need it more, other parts of us not so much.