Conspiracy Theories

aufbahrung

Re: Conspiracy Theories

Post by aufbahrung » Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:41 am

Stupidity isn't new. The fact it's more organised than ever before is what's new.
WeAreAStableCountry

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:39 am

aufbahrung wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:41 am
Stupidity isn't new. The fact it's more organised than ever before is what's new.
The nanobots told you to say that, didn't they?
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:35 pm

Don't want y'all to be missing out on what's going on in the gullible dope community, just because its main pipeline to here is temporarily out of order. :teef:

'Does Video Show a Child Handing Biden a Vial of Blood?'
In December 2021, a video was circulated on social media that supposedly showed a young child surreptitiously handing U.S. President Joe Biden what appears to be a vial of blood. The @projectpelosi Twitter account falsely claimed that Biden received this “vial of fresh blood” so that he could drink it on his way back to the White House.

The child in this video is not actually holding a vial of blood. Someone digitally inserted a vial of blood into this video in order to spread the nonsensical rumor that Biden drinks blood.

The original video was taken in July 2021 as Biden stepped off Air Force One at Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport where he was greeted by Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear and his family. While no blood vials were exchanged in the original unaltered footage, Biden does appear to hand something to Beshear’s son.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:47 pm

:vampire:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:11 pm

:what: :what: :what: :shifty: :whisper: You wanna get some Adrenochrome? :whisper: :shifty: :shifty: :what: :what: :what:
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:51 pm

Book review:
https://www.amazon.com/Lot-People-Are-S ... e+internet

5.0 out of 5 stars A dangerous form of conspiracism
Reviewed in the United States on July 7, 2019
Verified Purchase
The author’s intent in writing this book was to offer an account to those who are confused and disturbed by what they call a malignant phenomenon that distorts public life and endangers us all. It’s called the new conspiracism. We have had conspiracy theories around for a long, long time, so what’s new? Well, the new conspiracism is conspiracy without the theory. It has a new destructive impulse - to delegitimate democracy. Classic conspiracism tries to make sense of the world, which is disorderly and complicated. It usually involves powerful people controlling things. It tries to make order out of that which defies standard or official explanation. But the new conspiracism dispenses with the burden of explanation. So we have innuendo and verbal gesture or “a lot of people are saying.” It is not evidence, but repetition that validates. One example would be “the elections are rigged.”

These new conspiracists have two targets in mind. First, are the political parties or partisans, and second, are knowledge-producing institutions like the free press, university, and expert communities within government. This new conspiracism appears to be primarily predominant on the ideological right. In the case of knowledge we see a weakening of the “legitimacy of sources of knowledge and their role in regular processes of legislation and administration.” According to the author, it is “the pure face of negativity. Delegitimation is its product.” This is important, because delegitimation “poses a unique threat to democracy: it rejects the meaning, value, and authority of democratic practices, institutions, and officials.” Normally an alternative political ideology, such as communism, authoritarianism, theism, fascism will delegitimate democracy. But Rosenblum notes that “Angry, sterile conspiracism does the work.” Two responses are identified as important to this conspiracism. Speaking truth to conspiracy and what is called “enacting democracy,” which means the scrupulous adherence to the forms and processes of public decision-making – a “deliberate pedagogical response to the process of delegitimation.”

It is important to note that these conspiracists are not trying to transform democracy into something else, be it authoritarianism or whatever. There simply is no coherent constructive political outcome. It is just destructive and politically sterile. For example, in the case of Trump, he is not interested in the architecture of an organized political party or movement, but simply “a throng that assents to his account of reality.” For the classic conspiracist, the internet is a source of connecting dots. It is information that fills in the narrative or that confirms their explanation of events. The new conspiracist directs all energy as repetition and affirmation. We spoke of the concept of delegitimatization. The author now defines legitimacy for us. It has two senses, philosophic and sociological. The former asks what kind of regime is worthy of support, while the latter asks whether the citizens view the political order as worthy of support. An example of delegitimation is given for us: “a cabal within the FBI and Department of Justice was attempting to bring the president down.” This conspiracism with it artificial crisis offers angry minds immediate gratification – the equivalent of throwing verbal stones. Another dangerous effect is disorientation. One thing that enables this kind of thing is the current broadcast technology that allows anyone to disseminate whatever they want without any intermediary and at no cost.

This kind of conspiracy works because one doesn’t have to be certain a belief is entirely false – it might be true, but that’s true enough. This gives conspiracism the power to delegitimate. What is scary is something referred as “malignant normality.” This is where people become accommodated to distorted processes and inverted purposes. In other words, they make the malignant normal. This advances the momentum of delegitimation. In chapters four and five, the author takes a deep plunge into conspiracist delegitimation. The author now presents us with more information on the process of delegitimation. This involves attacks on opposition candidates and their party as a whole. This is not just simple opposition, but viewing the opposition as a dangerous enemy not only to be defeated electorally but neutralized. The unfortunate consequence is “delegitimation of the defining institution of democracy and our system of representation.” The author sees this conspiracist delegitimation aligned, in the more immediate near term, with radical conservatism. This is referred to as the “partisan penumbra.” Chapter five concentrates on the delegitimation of authoritatively produced facts – on knowledge. Examples would be vaccination and policies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. This rejection of simple facts, knowledge-producing institutions, and the free press has the effect of degrading democracy unfortunately.

In chapter six, we get more detail on the experience of disorientation. This delegitimation of the process of creating, assessing, and correcting the universe of facts leads to disorientation. This is the result of people being confronted with a steady stream of ungrounded conspiracist claims. We then experience a special form of anxiety, a contest over who owns reality. Could this spreading epistemic gap lead to an end to politics? The final section discusses defending democracy. There needs to be a speaking of truth to conspiracy and a stanching of the delegitimation of democracy. Unfortunately, there are few responsible officeholders doing this. Some even affirm conspiracist claims themselves. This new conspiracism seems most evident in the United States, but the author fears its spread to other countries. He sees a need to “enact democracy,” that is, “a strenuous adherence to the regular processes and forms of public decision-making. Democracy is enacted when officials explicitly draw attention to the importance of adhering to these forms and practices.” A sobering question: will future generation care about democracy itself?
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:48 pm

conspiracy kit.jpg
conspiracy kit.jpg (38.31 KiB) Viewed 4024 times

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:04 pm

Politico:
We found that low-conscientiousness liberals, high-conscientiousness liberals and high-conscientiousness conservatives each expressed willingness to share fake news articles to a similar — relatively small — degree. LCCs stood out: On average, they were 2.5 times more likely to share misinformation than the combined averages of the other three groups. In other words, it was the combination of conservatism and low conscientiousness that resulted in the greatest likelihood to share misinformation.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/ ... m=news_tab

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:55 am

In other news, water is still wet.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:08 pm

My son tells me that The Flintstones is actually a description of our future. Because it is definitely like a stone age culture, they have not developed a lot of things that should be there if it were a modern American family. But they celebrate Christmas, and Christ came after them. So we will go back to the stone age. Not quite sure what biology we used to bring back dinos.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:09 pm

Post-Apocalyptic Theory
This theory had its beginnings in the 1987 television crossover special, The Jetsons Meet the Flintstones. In the special, Elroy built a time machine that was supposed to send him and his family into the 25th century. The machine malfunctioned, and they ended up going to Bedrock instead. What this theory suggests, however, is what if the machine actually took them to the 25th century, and what if the Flintstones is actually set in a post-apocalyptic future?

It is believed that a nuclear war occurred hundreds of years prior to the Flintstones, and that the characters from the Flintstones were all that remained of a war-torn world. It is also believed that after this catastrophic war, many people evacuated from the Earth, and built houses in the air. When the radioactive levels went down, several of these sky-ridden individuals returned to the ground to repopulate the Earth. Many animals were also presumably mutated into dinosaurs from the nuclear fallout of the war.

What should also be taken into consideration regarding this theory is the year that the show came out in. The series came out during the height of the Cold War, and because of this fact, it's not too hard to believe that perhaps a bomb from said war was dropped on what would soon become Bedrock, and that the resulting explosion blew the inhabitants back to the Stone Age.

Additionally, the characters are seen celebrating Christmas, even though the stone age happened before the birth of Christ.
https://fantheories.fandom.com/wiki/The ... lintstones

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:18 am

Cunt wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:31 pm

Here's a new conspiracy theory - the media will treat Biden with fawning gentle praise...
Well, they haven't really been fawning.

He's had it so rough...poor old dude.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:09 pm

...is this the next trending conspiracy theory?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:21 pm

I wonder what it's about, the actions described ring no bells nor do they even make sense.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:26 pm

Svartalf wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:21 pm
I wonder what it's about, the actions described ring no bells nor do they even make sense.
That's funny, because the guy who posted it made a 'people are goldfish' reference, about everyone forgetting this one.

It's in reference to the Las Vegas hotel shooting. I think one of the most deadly terror attacks in recent history. I'm mostly 'goldfish' myself on the details. I remember there was an outdoor concert venue that was where most of the victims were. That the shooter was in an upper floor in a hotel, and that it seemed to fall out of the news quickly.

I think the 'pitch' in this text, is that the known facts seem to be outrageous. Of course, the 'pitch' could be motivated by anything, so who knows...
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote: