Conspiracy Theories

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Re: Conspiracy Theories

Post by JimC » Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:00 am

Businesses pull ads for cold, hard financial reasons; they would calculate that too many people who may want to buy their products will either not be on "X" any longer, or would react negatively to the product being associated with "X" via advertising there.
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:15 am

Yes, that would be their defense of their choice. What I found interesting was that he said a word like 'blackmail', then called out 'hi Bob'

If it is as you say, that may be an effective defense. If his claims in the lawsuit against media matters play out, and it turns out 'Bob' knows it was baloney, and pulled the ads anyway, it might be a bit different.

It could just be a rich guy saying 'GFY' to censorious, blackmailing corporate scum.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:06 am

Not putting ads on the platform is censorious? :scratch:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:27 am

Cunt wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:42 pm
rasetsu wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:25 pm
Cunt wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:55 pm
So nothing about the facts he mentions. Got it.
What facts would those be?
I don't know how you mean that. Do you mean you can't discern his fact-claims from his opinion?

You really can't distinguish wild speculation and a 'fact-claim', can you?
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:09 am

Cunt wrote:Yes, that would be their defense of their choice. What I found interesting was that he said a word like 'blackmail', then called out 'hi Bob'

If it is as you say, that may be an effective defense. If his claims in the lawsuit against media matters play out, and it turns out 'Bob' knows it was baloney, and pulled the ads anyway, it might be a bit different.

It could just be a rich guy saying 'GFY' to censorious, blackmailing corporate scum.
Musk: “If someone’s going to try to blackmail me with advertising, blackmail me with money, go fuck yourself.”

Are company's obliged to advertise on his platform, or once they have advertised are they then morally locked in forever?

So Musk used the word blackmail, or he could have used extortion or shakedown. Yet the primary problem is that he publicly endorsed an inflammatory racist statement, where he's saying that the problem lies with the companies or platform users that have objected to him endorsing racist views.

If Musk the self-declared 'free speech absolutist' really believes in absolute free speech for himself and his businesses then it's a bit rich to complain when other people and businesses exercise that same principle.

Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:51 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:09 am
Cunt wrote:Yes, that would be their defense of their choice. What I found interesting was that he said a word like 'blackmail', then called out 'hi Bob'

Musk: “If someone’s going to try to blackmail me with advertising, blackmail me with money, go fuck yourself.”

Are company's obliged to advertise on his platform, or once they have advertised are they then morally locked in forever?

So Musk used the word blackmail, or he could have used extortion or shakedown. Yet the primary problem is that he publicly endorsed an inflammatory racist statement, where he's saying that the problem lies with the companies or platform users that have objected to him endorsing racist views.

If Musk the self-declared 'free speech absolutist' really believes in absolute free speech for himself and his businesses then it's a bit rich to complain when other people and businesses exercise that same principle.
Yes, and if you see his endorsement of some statement as racist, that might look that way.

But he, in the middle of legal action over the Media Matters fabricating a story about him being racist, basically accuses 'Bob' of blackmail, which sounds legally actionable.

Of course they don't have to advertise, or continue to. He says he would rather they didn't. That wasn't as interesting to me as the kind of legal exposure he might be opening up by saying he was blackmailed on a public stage.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:58 pm

"censorious, blackmailing corporate scum"
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:12 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:58 pm
"censorious, blackmailing corporate scum"
I meant Media Matters, and their funders. That's what they do, use corporate connections and power to deplatform those with whom they disagree.

If you think they do something else, feel free to say. The lawsuit will probably shed a lot more light though, so it's safest to wait.

https://t.me/PepeMatter/17895
TuckerAndRoseanne wrote:Tucker says he asked Julian Assange about Seth Rich in prison and says a lot of that stuff is true. 🚨
"He said I'm not going to reveal my sources. But it's pretty clear those files were not hacked by Russia. They were downloaded from within the building. They lied about that. A couple years later, I happened to know some of the people involved in that..I just couldn't see it.. It took me several years to realize just how screwed up this stuff was... A lot of that stuff is true. I mean it too. I'm not speculating at all. The more you know about it, the truer it obviously is. It's right in your face."
Geez, is someone going to get into trouble for lying about the DNC lies? They cheated, and I don't remember any consequences...well, except Hillary losing hilariously.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:14 pm

Cunt wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:12 pm
https://t.me/PepeMatter/17895
TuckerAndRoseanne wrote:Tucker says he asked Julian Assange about Seth Rich in prison and says a lot of that stuff is true. 🚨
"He said I'm not going to reveal my sources. But it's pretty clear those files were not hacked by Russia. They were downloaded from within the building. They lied about that. A couple years later, I happened to know some of the people involved in that..I just couldn't see it.. It took me several years to realize just how screwed up this stuff was... A lot of that stuff is true. I mean it too. I'm not speculating at all. The more you know about it, the truer it obviously is. It's right in your face."
Oops...missed the last bit of that post...
Anyone who has done real research into the Julian Asssange Seth Rich situation knows that this was a cover up and justice has yet to be served. We demand the truth about Seth Rich.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:22 pm

So Ken Paxton is apparently suing pfizer for being misleading, corporatae scum or something. ('for misrepresenting covid-19 vaccine efficacy and conspiring to censor public discourse.', if I read it right)

Criticism of the sacred vaccines sounds like it would belong in this thread. :)

Twitter isn't allowing non-accounts to go in to get a link, but here is Efrat Fenigson reposting his tweet and cover sheet from the paperwork, if you want to look it up.

https://t.me/efenigson/3038
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:35 pm

And a conspiracy theory has been that the media has been smearing conservatives since this historic 'fuck you' from back in the day.

https://t.me/bioclandestine/2603
BioClandestine wrote:Influential free speech advocates like Elon, Tucker Carlson, Dana White, Dave Portnoy, etc., are all taking a “f*ck you” approach to big tech censorship and MSM smear tactics.

The spirit of Breitbart lives on.

If this is not your mood, it should be. We are at war. Act like it.
(if you aren't on telegram, you might not see the clip)
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:11 pm

So, David Portnoy has a complaint... :tea:
And my gin!

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:25 pm

I don't know the name. Has he been smeared by the media?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:50 pm

JimC wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:11 pm
So, David Portnoy has a complaint... :tea:
Depends if he bends to the right or the left I think. :tea:

Frank Zappa

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:02 pm

Cunt wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:25 pm
I don't know the name. Has he been smeared by the media?
:whisper: He was in your recent post in this thread... :roll:

And, being a Portnoy, he might do some smearing of his own... :tea:
And my gin!