That's amazing ! Post incredible facts here.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Re: That's amazing ! Post incredible facts here.

Post by Scot Dutchy » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:01 am

We have been well under for the last two years why the change?

Maybe this is the reason: "The Wealth Gini numbers come from the Global Wealth Databook 2018 by Credit Suisse. Also the Gini Wealth coefficients for 2019 are shown".

Trusting a Swiss Bank?
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

DRSB

Post by DRSB » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:18 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:01 am

Maybe this is the reason: "The Wealth Gini numbers come from the Global Wealth Databook 2018 by Credit Suisse. Also the Gini Wealth coefficients for 2019 are shown".

Trusting a Swiss Bank?
No.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:20 am

Nice :tup: :lol:

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:50 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:01 am

Trusting a Swiss Bank?
Maybe you could provide statistics from a trustworthy source?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:07 pm

I'm happy to review an alternative dataset if one is provided. As we know, alternative facts are often much better than the originals. :tea:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:14 pm

Look. I just thought that little factoid was interesting. We all know that the vast majority wealth is in the hands of a very tiny minority, it just means the NL is top of the tree. After all the NL is one of the best places to do a Capitalism, and someone has to be at the top of the table so it might as well be them as the US, China, Russia, or the UK etc etc. The NL is still a democracy with a high standard of living, good social safety nets and pensions, good employment rights, free education and healthcare, adequate housing provision, great public transport etc etc. I like all that. I like a lot of things about the NL. But liking something doesn't stop one from being critical of it, or criticising it, or pointing out certain uncomfortable things about it or saying that things could be better here-or-there. I mean, I like Jason Statham movies, but I'm still happy to acknowledge that most of them are really, really shit!
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:05 pm

I'm missing something here - how can only one entry be greater than the average?
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:36 pm

What's the average of 1, 2, 3 & 10?

Frank Zappa

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:45 pm

Observations suggesting that there might be silk-producing organs on the feet of the zebra tarantula (Aphonopelma seemanni) led to questions about the origins of spinnerets. It was hypothesised that spinnerets in spiders were originally used as climbing aids on the feet and evolved and were used for webmaking at a later time.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spinneret

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:23 pm

Arachnids are amazing creatures.

Frank Zappa

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:40 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:14 pm
Look. I just thought that little factoid was interesting. We all know that the vast majority wealth is in the hands of a very tiny minority, it just means the NL is top of the tree. After all the NL is one of the best places to do a Capitalism, and someone has to be at the top of the table so it might as well be them as the US, China, Russia, or the UK etc etc. The NL is still a democracy with a high standard of living, good social safety nets and pensions, good employment rights, free education and healthcare, adequate housing provision, great public transport etc etc. I like all that. I like a lot of things about the NL. But liking something doesn't stop one from being critical of it, or criticising it, or pointing out certain uncomfortable things about it or saying that things could be better here-or-there. I mean, I like Jason Statham movies, but I'm still happy to acknowledge that most of them are really, really shit!
FFS Brian dream on. This is one data set from a very right wing organisation. Will I just pull up a small bit of data about the trillions that has gone through the City of London.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:53 pm

I would love to see the data to prove this statement:
It is a common misconception that Scandinavian countries or the Netherlands, amongst others, have low wealth inequality. This is not true. These countries have low income inequality, meaning that the income is relatively equal for everyone (see List of countries by income equality). However, their wealth inequality is very high, meaning that a small minority of the people owns the vast majority of wealth.
Who are these people here? Where were they for the last two years? I just would like to know as this is a terrible claim to make especially when the Nordic countries are nowhere near. It all stinks.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:08 am

Show us your fairy data, Scot.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:13 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:40 pm
Brian Peacock wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:14 pm
FFS Brian dream on. This is one data set from a very right wing organisation. Will I just pull up a small bit of data about the trillions that has gone through the City of London.
The World Bank, the OECD, Swiss Banks, Dutch, British, American, German financial institutions, families sitting on truly enormous piles of inherited wealth sending their pure-bred trained-for-the-purpose whelps off to run those things as well as into to politics: all these things are right wing. Haven't you noticed the right wing is pretty much in charge of everything? That's how the world works. We all know that most of the value that's generated by us ordinary people down here is sent up to the top of the tree and hoarded. What I actually said was that in spite of the NL being the tallest tree in that particular forest it is still a good place to live and the FACT that it has the highest Gini score for wealth inequality doesn't tell us much about NL society. If you hadn't assumed that a piece of info that clearly makes you a bit uncomfortable was actually a malign slur on all you hold sacred you might have noticed that. The NL isn't a Jason Statham film.

Frank Zappa

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:09 pm

Jeff Bezos has made so much money this year that if he decided to give every Amazon employee a $100,000 xmas bonus he'd still have more money that he did on 31 December 2019.

Frank Zappa