Evolution in a test tube?

Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist
About me: My posts are related to the thread in the same way Gliese 651b is related to your mother's underwear drawer.
Location: Sitting next to Ayaan in Domus Draconis, and communicating via PMs.

Evolution in a test tube?

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Sun May 03, 2009 7:01 pm

Darwin in a test tube: Scientists make molecules that evolve, compete, mimick behavior of Darwin's finches

As described in an article published this week in an advance, online edition of the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS), the work demonstrates some of the classic principles of evolution. For instance, research shows that when different species directly compete for the same finite resource, only the fittest will survive. The work also demonstrates how, when given a variety of resources, the different species will evolve to become increasingly specialized, each filling different niches within their common ecosystem.
Ein Ubootsoldat wrote:“Ich melde mich ab. Grüssen Sie bitte meine Kameraden.”

Chinaski
Mazel tov cocktail
About me: Barfly

Re: Evolution in a test tube?

Post by Chinaski » Sun May 03, 2009 7:43 pm

Yay, further proof! I can use this as evidence against a theist and biologist who was arguing that evolution is not susceptible to the scientific method, as it can't be reproduced. Hah!
Is there for honest poverty
That hangs his heid and a' that
The coward slave, we pass him by
We dare be puir for a' that.

Imagehttp://imagegen.last.fm/iTunesFIXED/rec ... mphony.gif[/img2]

Feck

Re: Evolution in a test tube?

Post by Feck » Sun May 03, 2009 7:46 pm

FrigidSymphony wrote:Yay, further proof! I can use this as evidence against a theist and biologist who was arguing that evolution is not susceptible to the scientific method, as it can't be reproduced. Hah!
What ! He obviously ignores microbiology then , how does he think MRSA occured then ,moron ,or did the devil make it huh :pissed:
:hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog:
Give me the wine , I don't need the bread