Dune 2.0 Peanut Gallery

Mafia Forum is visible to guests. Please note that game threads are limited to posts by players who are involved in each game. Non-player or derail posts will be moved to a gallery thread.

Moderator: Mafia Mods

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Re: Dune 2.0 Peanut Gallery

Post by Animavore » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:24 pm

I gave more help then you ingrates deserved. I flushed out the scum straight away. But now I'm dead and cannot do anything. I've looked at the case file. Have you?
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

MissingNo.
Cheese is christ

Post by MissingNo. » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:38 pm

Animavore wrote:I gave more help then you ingrates deserved. I flushed out the scum straight away. But now I'm dead and cannot do anything. I've looked at the case file. Have you?
Haha Ani, the only way you could have been more unhelpful is if you defected to the other team.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:42 pm

heyzeus wrote:
Animavore wrote:I gave more help then you ingrates deserved. I flushed out the scum straight away. But now I'm dead and cannot do anything. I've looked at the case file. Have you?
Haha Ani, the only way you could have been more unhelpful is if you defected to the other team.
I'm sure I was very helpful for you.
A scapegoat to deflect attention from the real enemy.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

irreligionist
Peripheral participant
About me: nothing really to tell

Post by irreligionist » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:54 am

heyzeus wrote:
actually, that would have helped us.. when we lynched him we'd have hit a scum :tea:

Mantisdreamz

Post by Mantisdreamz » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:36 am

sifaka wrote:
Mantisdreamz wrote:I'm only confused about the rules, because there are no rules!
Ah, thank you Mantis! :smooch:
Haha yes, I think what virphen said: wandering around in a dark room looking for a black cat that doesn't exist, is a good way of putting it.

Oblivion, maybe you should throw out a secret inspector role into the mix? :naughty:

MissingNo.
Cheese is christ

Post by MissingNo. » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:19 am

Finally! Jeez, that took a while. I guess we could have picked someone at random and had a pretty good shot of getting a Harkkonen at this point, though.

sifaka

Post by sifaka » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:21 am

heyzeus wrote:Finally! Jeez, that took a while. I guess we could have picked someone at random and had a pretty good shot of getting a Harkkonen at this point, though.
There are so few of us left, we were bound to get lucky ... :hehe:

normal
!
!
About me: meh

Post by normal » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:22 am

heyzeus wrote:Finally! Jeez, that took a while. I guess we could have picked someone at random and had a pretty good shot of getting a Harkkonen at this point, though.
Yes, but I think we have a good shot at some investigation now

Edit: Hope so, at least
Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                   -Douglas Adams

MissingNo.
Cheese is christ

Post by MissingNo. » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:25 am

I think the people who didn't vote for Evil Spock need to be carefully examined. There was an unusual lack of voting today. I have a feeling the Harkkonen were abstaining from the vote unless we started to suspect one of our own but we didn't so they just stayed away from this one altogether.

normal
!
!
About me: meh

Post by normal » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:28 am

heyzeus wrote:I think the people who didn't vote for Evil Spock need to be carefully examined. There was an unusual lack of voting today. I have a feeling the Harkkonen were abstaining from the vote unless we started to suspect one of our own but we didn't so they just stayed away from this one altogether.
I woke up half an hour before day end, and he was getting lynched, so I didn't bother to throw in my vote. If he had been innocent it would have looked bad for me, so I settled with saying I really hoped he was guilty. Thankfully I was right :tup:
Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                   -Douglas Adams

oblivion
Noble Savage

Post by oblivion » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:33 am

Mantisdreamz wrote:
sifaka wrote:
Mantisdreamz wrote:I'm only confused about the rules, because there are no rules!
Haha yes, I think what virphen said: wandering around in a dark room looking for a black cat that doesn't exist, is a good way of putting it.

Oblivion, maybe you should throw out a secret inspector role into the mix? :naughty:
Heh.

I know this is tongue-in-cheek, but I was a shot in the dark as a GM here. You guys had no idea what you might be letting yourselves in for.

I don't mess with my game designs after the role PMs go out. I don't like changing the rules on people after the game has started. If the games turn out to be unbalanced, I take my licks after we finish and I learn what I can so I can do better next time.

When this game ends, I'll be glad to talk about what I thought worked well this time and what, if anything, I would do differently next time. And I look forward to everyone's feedback. I'm used to getting flayed, so don't worry about hurting my feelings if you really think I screwed something up, wasted your time, etc.

AshtonBlack
Tech Monkey
Tech Monkey

Post by AshtonBlack » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:35 am

oblivion wrote:
Mantisdreamz wrote:
sifaka wrote:

Heh.

I know this is tongue-in-cheek, but I was a shot in the dark as a GM here. You guys had no idea what you might be letting yourselves in for.

I don't mess with my game designs after the role PMs go out. I don't like changing the rules on people after the game has started. If the games turn out to be unbalanced, I take my licks after we finish and I learn what I can so I can do better next time.

When this game ends, I'll be glad to talk about what I thought worked well this time and what, if anything, I would do differently next time. And I look forward to everyone's feedback. I'm used to getting flayed, so don't worry about hurting my feelings if you really think I screwed something up, wasted your time, etc.
Well I think you're doing a fine job.

10 Fuck Off
20 GOTO 10
Ashton Black wrote:"Dogma is the enemy, not religion, per se. Rationality, genuine empathy and intellectual integrity are anathema to dogma."

MissingNo.
Cheese is christ

Post by MissingNo. » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:35 am

Well, at the very least, it's been fun to play so I'm sure you haven't screwed it up too badly!

MissingNo.
Cheese is christ

Post by MissingNo. » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:44 am

Oh and would you do me a favour? If you have it on hand, would you add who voted for whom to today's final vote count?

Mantisdreamz

Post by Mantisdreamz » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:33 pm

AshtonBlack wrote:
Oblivion wrote:
Mantisdreamz wrote: Oblivion, maybe you should throw out a secret inspector role into the mix? :naughty:
Heh.

Well I think you're doing a fine job.
I do too, I'm sorry I'm only kind of kidding around. It's just a much different game than the mafia wars, that's the only thing. Thanks for hosting it :td: I don't think I'd be able to do it! :cheers: