Dune 2.0 Peanut Gallery

Mafia Forum is visible to guests. Please note that game threads are limited to posts by players who are involved in each game. Non-player or derail posts will be moved to a gallery thread.

Moderator: Mafia Mods

oblivion
Noble Savage

Dune 2.0 Peanut Gallery

Post by oblivion » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:33 pm

Arrakis...Dune...desert planet.

House Atriedes has come to the planet Arrakis at the behest of Emperor Shaddam IV to take over the harvest of melange, the life-extending spice that is gathered in the hostile open deserts that cover the surface of Arrakis. Though melange is the most precious commodity available in the Imperium, there is something of even greater value to the people who live on Dune. Water.

Once the crown jewel of the merchantile empire of House Harkonnen, the spice trade and all its wealth are now in the hands of House Atriedes. No one believes the Harkonnens have simply given in to the Imperial decree and slunk away back to their homeworld, Giedi Prime.

House Atriedes knows that the Harkonnens have arranged plots within plots within plots on this planet. Duke Leto, head of the Great House, has forged an alliance with the destert-dwelling Fremen through negotiations with Stilgar, leader of Sietch Tabr, a Fremen stronghold in the deep desert. And now, you, House Atreides and you, Fremen of Stilgar's sietch are crossing the desert together, making your way from the capital city of Arakeen to Seitch Tabr. The desert crossing is difficult and fraught with danger. And there may be danger within your ranks as well. It is rumoured that the Baron Vladimir Harkonnen and his twisted Mentat, Piter De Vries have introduced spies and assassins into the Atriedes household and even infiltrated the insular and distrustful Fremen. Even now, there may be Harkonnens among you on this desert trek. But how to know? You are all wearing life-preserving stillsuits and desert robes, and it is impossible to say who may be lurking under these highly effective full body masks.

Each day, you will select one of your company that you believe are Harkonnen scum. That unlucky person's stillsuit cachepockets will be emptied, the heelpumps will be disabled, and he/she will be sent into the open bled to die of dehydration or of the depradations of Shai-Hulud, whichever happens first.

Rules

- No private communication among players unless specified in the role PMs or via an update PM from me.
- No quoting/misquoting the role PMs
- Night actions must be received no later than a half hour before the game day starts. No action requested, no action occurs. I don't randomize unspecified night actions.
- No game thread post edits
- No gameplay in the peanut gallery. I'm talking about stuff like posting "doc please protect so-and-so" after nightfall. It's of course ok to post stuff like that during the game day in the game thread.

Shai-Hulud is a remorseless and just god. Do not cross Him.

Ask questions about the game operations in this thread. PM me about questions regarding your roles.

Game Day Start Times and End Times:

GMT offset ---- Day Start ------ Day End
GMT - 8 -------- 11 AM ---------- 11 PM
GMT - 7 -------- 12 PM ---------- 12 AM
GMT - 5 -------- 2 PM ---------- 2 AM
GMT ------------ 7 PM ----------- 7 AM
GMT + 1 -------- 8 PM ----------- 8 AM
GMT + 11 ------- 6 AM ---------- 6 PM
GMT + 13 ------- 8 AM ---------- 8 PM

Night actions are due no later than an hour before the start of the next game day. I don't randomize missed night actions. You snooze, you lose.

irreligionist
Peripheral participant
About me: nothing really to tell

Re: Dune 2.0 Peanut Gallery

Post by irreligionist » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:36 pm

Does anyone think running the OP through google translator will help? :think:

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:37 pm

Aren't you going to tell us what the roles are so we have an idea what's out there?
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

AshtonBlack
Tech Monkey
Tech Monkey

Post by AshtonBlack » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:39 pm

So we're in a day cycle now?

10 Fuck Off
20 GOTO 10
Ashton Black wrote:"Dogma is the enemy, not religion, per se. Rationality, genuine empathy and intellectual integrity are anathema to dogma."

Blip
About me: if you're in the least bit interested, by all means ask!

Post by Blip » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:39 pm

oblivion wrote: Night actions are due no later than an hour before the start of the next game day. I don't randomize missed night actions. You snooze, you lose.
Sorry, I'm being thick. Are there night rounds and day rounds, or only day rounds?
'Only connect...' E M Forster

MissingNo.
Cheese is christ

Post by MissingNo. » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:43 pm

It would be good if you could post all the roles in the description so we know what's going on.

oblivion
Noble Savage

Post by oblivion » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:44 pm

The game has not officially started yet. It will start at 11:00 AM (PST)...etc...per the table in the OP TOMORROW. When the game day starts, I will post the game thread. This thread is for goofing around, asking questions, and for non-players to throw popcorn at players. Game days are 12 hours, and game nights are also 12 hours.

oblivion
Noble Savage

Post by oblivion » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:45 pm

heyzeus wrote:It would be good if you could post all the roles in the description so we know what's going on.
It would be good, perhaps, but it would not be classic mafia. :biggrin:

sifaka

Post by sifaka » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:46 pm

... Oh, that's good, I don't even know what question to ask... :ask:

virphen
About me: "that fairy-fingering ass-raping space lizard"

One year own my home planet = 3 on earth.

Post by virphen » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:51 pm

I don't like peanuts :(

:pop:

irreligionist
Peripheral participant
About me: nothing really to tell

Post by irreligionist » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:52 pm

virphen wrote:I don't like peanuts :(

No true innocent would dislike peanuts :levi:

Azathoth
blind idiot god
blind idiot god

Post by Azathoth » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:54 pm

irreligionist wrote:

Strip him! :mob:
Outside the ordered universe is that amorphous blight of nethermost confusion which blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity—the boundless daemon sultan Azathoth, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, and who gnaws hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space amidst the muffled, maddening beating of vile drums and the thin monotonous whine of accursed flutes.

Code: Select all

// Replaces with spaces the braces in cases where braces in places cause stasis 
   $str = str_replace(array("\{","\}")," ",$str);

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:56 pm

Ghatanothoa wrote:
irreligionist wrote:

Strip him! :mob:
Prep the rack. Gather the thumb-screws. Stoke the fires.

You will confess.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

normal
!
!
About me: meh

Post by normal » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:10 pm

I duneified my eyes for the occasion
Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                   -Douglas Adams

Azathoth
blind idiot god
blind idiot god

Post by Azathoth » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:21 pm

:funny: Well on your way to looking like a navigator there normal.
Outside the ordered universe is that amorphous blight of nethermost confusion which blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity—the boundless daemon sultan Azathoth, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, and who gnaws hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space amidst the muffled, maddening beating of vile drums and the thin monotonous whine of accursed flutes.

Code: Select all

// Replaces with spaces the braces in cases where braces in places cause stasis 
   $str = str_replace(array("\{","\}")," ",$str);