Venture Bros: day 3

Mafia Forum is visible to guests. Please note that game threads are limited to posts by players who are involved in each game. Non-player or derail posts will be moved to a gallery thread.

Moderator: Mafia Mods

Mantisdreamz

Re: Venture Bros: day 3

Post by Mantisdreamz » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:12 am

##vote Aza##

Mantisdreamz

Post by Mantisdreamz » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:15 am

Zigmen wrote: Mantis, Amok, and Gonzo, make your case against Andrew. IMHO, he was looking pretty damn Townish.
well, he didn't really seem too townish to me... at the time, I didn't like his vote on Aza.

Mantisdreamz

Post by Mantisdreamz » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:17 am

irretating wrote: BTW how come no one has noticed that mantis was asking me why I wasn't willing to put a vote on Aza due to him not being around to defend himself (he'd not posted enough in his reincarnation, and I never thought charlou was scummy) because "there were 8 hrs" to go in the round, when there was nothing like that.
also, Irre- I really did think we had more time in the game. I was mixing the end time up with the game on TR

Zigmen

Post by Zigmen » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:18 am

Mantisdreamz wrote:
Zigmen wrote: Mantis, Amok, and Gonzo, make your case against Andrew. IMHO, he was looking pretty damn Townish.
well, he didn't really seem too townish to me... at the time, I didn't like his vote on Aza.
You just voted Aza. What changed between yesterday and today?

Why didn't you vote me? I had my vote on Aza as well?

Also, gotta hit the sack.
~Three of a Perfect Pair~

Mantisdreamz

Post by Mantisdreamz » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:31 am

Zigmen wrote:
Mantisdreamz wrote:
You just voted Aza. What changed between yesterday and today?

Why didn't you vote me? I had my vote on Aza as well?

Also, gotta hit the sack.
His vote was more suspicious at the time. Also i didn't like his logic of the other potential blocker outing, otherwise -- 'he was going to vote for MZ!'

Right now - Aza does look the most shady to me. He doesn't have a whole lot to say about his bw first day, and then he votes DP, finds out he's a special, then unvotes and says 'it must be mantis'.

Mantisdreamz

Post by Mantisdreamz » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:36 am

amok, where are you?

Mantisdreamz

Post by Mantisdreamz » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:37 am

also, i was blocked last night - by someone wearing a batman suit

irretating
not too sweet to sledge

Post by irretating » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:24 am

Zigmen wrote:
irretating wrote:Ah, zigmen I might have misunderstood your question, I thought you meant I had a vote on Aza then did a throwaway vote. Not the case. I'm not going to put a vote on someone I don't suspect just to help a BW along. I wasn't happy with the Andrew BW but I wasn't willing to lynch Aza to stop it.

BTW how come no one has noticed that mantis was asking me why I wasn't willing to put a vote on Aza due to him not being around to defend himself (he'd not posted enough in his reincarnation, and I never thought charlou was scummy) because "there were 8 hrs" to go in the round, when there was nothing like that.

Geez people, let's not have another dumb BW
I'm not happy with your answer. I can empathize with being railroaded while I'm offline, but Aza was looking scummy and Andrew was not. Town's job is to try to unify on a BW that most players mostly agree with, not to hold out for their dream-list. If that were the case, I would have stayed on Gib yesterday.
Yeah I'm not happy with your BW yesterday. I didn't think Aza was scummy, as I had a tentative town read on charlou on day 1. And yes I'd have been happy to lynch gib but the numbers were not there.

Don't Panic
Evil Admin
Evil Admin
About me: 100% Pure Evil. (Not from Concentrate)

Venture Bros: day 3

Post by Don't Panic » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:09 am

##unvote ##
Gawd wrote:»
And those Zumwalts are already useless, they can be taken out with an ICBM.
The world is a thing of utter inordinate complexity and richness and strangeness that is absolutely awesome. I mean the idea that such complexity can arise not only out of such simplicity, but probably absolutely out of nothing, is the most fabulous extraordinary idea. And once you get some kind of inkling of how that might have happened, it's just wonderful. And . . . the opportunity to spend 70 or 80 years of your life in such a universe is time well spent as far as I am concerned.
D.N.A.

Gonzo
For Sheriff

Post by Gonzo » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:00 am

MZ I thought we were done with this. Vote for me. I am not responding to you anymore.

##vote mantis##
Don't go near that elevator - that's just what they want us to do... trap us in a steel box and take us down to the basement.

amok
About me: Bearer of bad news.

Post by amok » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:35 am

Zigmen wrote:First off:

aclunn: 3 (mantis, amok, gonzo)
gonzo: 2.5 (gib, mz)
charlou/aza: 2 (aclunn, zigmen)
amok: 1 (dp)
mantis: 1 (irre)
irre: 1 (shizzle)

The whole idea of stacking up Town votes on a scummy player is to avoid shit like what we saw last night.

Mantis, Amok, and Gonzo, make your case against Andrew. IMHO, he was looking pretty damn Townish.

Irre, Andrew and I left 2 votes on Aza when I crashed, and you ended up with a throwaway vote? How did that happen?

DP and Shizz, same thing. Throwaway votes. DP, if you're claim is provable please get on track with Town's need to over-stack one BW to avoid another fiasco like last night's.
My case "against" andrewclunn was more a vote "for" Aza. I've only done a quick read so far, but so far I've seen nothing that alters my opinion that those voting Aza yesterday were either wrong or Scum. I picked the only spot I saw a viable alternative. Andrew was weird about MZ & the blocker thing, in my opinion, but mostly I'd have voted against you, too, if that was the option. I also would have voted with MZ, because I had no strong feeling about Gonzo one way or another, but still didn't trust Gib.

A Scum Aza/Charlou would have just let Town lynch an outed Special. She wouldn't have come back and attempt a risky save. It simply makes no sense. She was leaving the game, and anyone subbing in for her (if she was Scum) could have easily played the "no vote" situation to their advantage.
It may be true that the law cannot make a man love me, but it can keep him from lynching me, and I think that's pretty important.
- Martin Luther King Jr.

gib
stone soup vendor

Post by gib » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:47 am

Magicziggy wrote:Gonzo's first post yesterday
Hi, irre. I think MZ is town because his story makes sense to me. I am the other role blocker. I also tried to block mantis and think she is possible scum and should be lynched today, but I did not send my PM in time. I don't think I will be a very effective special, so might as well clear MZ now.

vote mantis
In answer to irre asking which nights
odd nights you bitches fuck...

no doing the town any favors, huh?
In fact he had given that info in his very first post and now seems to be complaining that he's had to give it.

later after being asked some questions to confirm who he was.
sorry... I'm being unbecoming tonight. I didn't want the scum to know exactly what nights I'd try to target people, but whatever. Now it doesn't matter. I probably won't even try making actions now.
This gives me the distinct feeling gonzo is making up his role and was prepared to bus Mantis

Later
Zigmen was going after MZ... a few other players, too. Andrewclunn kept asking for the other blocker to out. Players that could have been doing real scum hunting instead of going after an (possible) outed special. I really do not like where this is going.
Finally votes after unvoting aza
I'm okay with that. ##vote andrew##

Who is our mayor? MZ?
He has voted the person advocating the other blocker to out. He calls that special hunting. He, as the "other blocker" outed under no pressure to do so except from the one player he ended up lynching.

Confident scum play?
##vote gonzo##

amok

Post by amok » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:51 am

Don't Panic wrote:For the record, I am the grand galactic inquisitor, and I am a flavour cop, I viewed charlou night 1 as Steve summers, and gib night 2 as otaku senzuri. That one looks kind of scummy to me, hence the vote.
Wait a minute. If DP is the "Flavour Cop," and he viewed Charlou as Steve Summers and gib as Otaku Senzuri, that must mean both Charlou/Aza and Gib are Town, no?

From Linus's rules (my bold):
Characters for town players have been selected randomly from this list:

Catclops, Dean, Pete White, Dr. Rusty Venture, Triana Orpheus, Jefferson Twilight, Brock Samson, Otto Aquarius, H.E.L.P.eR., [/b]Otaku Senzuri[/b], Sasquatch, Hank, The Alchemist, Lt. Anna Baldavich, Action Johnny, Scamp, [/b]Steve Summers[/b], Dean, Billy Quizboy, Ned, The Pirate Captain, The Master, Molotov Cocktease, Girl Hitler, Dr. Byron Orpheus, Dean, Hank, Col. Bud Manstrong, Col. Hunter Gathers, Hank, The Grand Galactic Inquisitor, Dr. Jonas Venture (Jr.), Sally Impossible, Col. Horace Gentleman
A Flavour Cop wouldn't get a read of a Scum player's safe role. That would be crazy.
It may be true that the law cannot make a man love me, but it can keep him from lynching me, and I think that's pretty important.
- Martin Luther King Jr.

amok

Post by amok » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:55 am

Bold code fail above:
Don't Panic wrote:
For the record, I am the grand galactic inquisitor, and I am a flavour cop, I viewed charlou night 1 as Steve summers, and gib night 2 as otaku senzuri. That one looks kind of scummy to me, hence the vote.
Wait a minute. If DP is the "Flavour Cop," and he viewed Charlou as Steve Summers and gib as Otaku Senzuri, that must mean both Charlou/Aza and Gib are Town, no?

From Linus's rules (my bold):
Characters for town players have been selected randomly from this list:

Catclops, Dean, Pete White, Dr. Rusty Venture, Triana Orpheus, Jefferson Twilight, Brock Samson, Otto Aquarius, H.E.L.P.eR., Otaku Senzuri, Sasquatch, Hank, The Alchemist, Lt. Anna Baldavich, Action Johnny, Scamp, Steve Summers, Dean, Billy Quizboy, Ned, The Pirate Captain, The Master, Molotov Cocktease, Girl Hitler, Dr. Byron Orpheus, Dean, Hank, Col. Bud Manstrong, Col. Hunter Gathers, Hank, The Grand Galactic Inquisitor, Dr. Jonas Venture (Jr.), Sally Impossible, Col. Horace Gentleman
A Flavour Cop wouldn't get a read of a Scum player's safe role. That would be crazy.
- Martin Luther King Jr.

gib
stone soup vendor

Post by gib » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:58 am

just to be clear ##unvote DP[/v]
##vote gonzo##

i have very little time to play between now and nightfall - gonzo needs to explain his shit##