Venture Bros - rules & peanut gallery

Mafia Forum is visible to guests. Please note that game threads are limited to posts by players who are involved in each game. Non-player or derail posts will be moved to a gallery thread.

Moderator: Mafia Mods

Don't Panic
Evil Admin
Evil Admin
About me: 100% Pure Evil. (Not from Concentrate)

Post by Don't Panic » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:50 pm

Callan wrote:Jesus - that flavour cop role really gifted the game to scum.
:nono:
Pretty much.
Gawd wrote:»
And those Zumwalts are already useless, they can be taken out with an ICBM.
The world is a thing of utter inordinate complexity and richness and strangeness that is absolutely awesome. I mean the idea that such complexity can arise not only out of such simplicity, but probably absolutely out of nothing, is the most fabulous extraordinary idea. And once you get some kind of inkling of how that might have happened, it's just wonderful. And . . . the opportunity to spend 70 or 80 years of your life in such a universe is time well spent as far as I am concerned.
D.N.A.

amok
About me: Bearer of bad news.

Re: Venture Bros - rules & peanut gallery

Post by amok » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:50 pm

I don't know about that. I thought that was a pretty cool move of DP to claim Town Seer, considering the risk that there was one. I bought it, hook, line and sinker.
It may be true that the law cannot make a man love me, but it can keep him from lynching me, and I think that's pretty important.
- Martin Luther King Jr.

Don't Panic
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

Post by Don't Panic » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:16 am

amok wrote:I don't know about that. I thought that was a pretty cool move of DP to claim Town Seer, considering the risk that there was one. I bought it, hook, line and sinker.
Zigmen and mantis made me do it, I'm always town, honestly. It was the voices, the voices of the elves, those horrific elves, and the aliens, and some other eldritch influences. Or something.
The world is a thing of utter inordinate complexity and richness and strangeness that is absolutely awesome. I mean the idea that such complexity can arise not only out of such simplicity, but probably absolutely out of nothing, is the most fabulous extraordinary idea. And once you get some kind of inkling of how that might have happened, it's just wonderful. And . . . the opportunity to spend 70 or 80 years of your life in such a universe is time well spent as far as I am concerned.
D.N.A.

Magicziggy

Post by Magicziggy » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:28 am

Don't Panic wrote:
amok wrote:I don't know about that. I thought that was a pretty cool move of DP to claim Town Seer, considering the risk that there was one. I bought it, hook, line and sinker.
Zigmen and mantis made me do it, I'm always town, honestly. It was the voices, the voices of the elves, those horrific elves, and the aliens, and some other eldritch influences. Or something.

I love killer moves when they come off.
I guess I'm on the look out for them.
I guess that's why I hammered gonzo.

Azathoth
blind idiot god
blind idiot god

Post by Azathoth » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:01 am

There is absolutely nothing that can be done against an uncontested seer that is also scum. Town lost as soon as DP outed. A SK might have balanced him and town needed at least one more full special
Outside the ordered universe is that amorphous blight of nethermost confusion which blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity—the boundless daemon sultan Azathoth, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, and who gnaws hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space amidst the muffled, maddening beating of vile drums and the thin monotonous whine of accursed flutes.

Code: Select all

// Replaces with spaces the braces in cases where braces in places cause stasis 
   $str = str_replace(array("\{","\}")," ",$str);

Mantisdreamz

Post by Mantisdreamz » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:08 am

Don't Panic wrote:
nice try DP!

Feck

Post by Feck » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:54 am

Lynch DP how many times :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
:hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog:
Give me the wine , I don't need the bread

amok

Post by amok » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:56 am

Azathoth wrote:There is absolutely nothing that can be done against an uncontested seer that is also scum. Town lost as soon as DP outed. A SK might have balanced him and town needed at least one more full special
I have to respectfully disagree. The Scum team had the disadvantage of me winding up with the Traitor role. I was so sure DP, MZ and Aza were Town, my decision about who to marry off to who was based on who I thought would be targeted and who would be blocked. I also thought Scum would be waivering about whether there was still a hidden Doc in the mix (I certainly didn't know). I almost picked MZ to be DP's spouse, but figured at the last minute that Scum would hit Aza as a safer bet. If I had picked MZ instead (remember, I thought all three were Town), Town would have learned DP's role, and I trust Irre, Aza & Matt would have worked out they had to kill Zigmen and me, and presto, a Town win. I believe the outcome was still very much in the air, until my final action. It's interesting and ironic that it got me lynched, but still led to a Scum win.
It may be true that the law cannot make a man love me, but it can keep him from lynching me, and I think that's pretty important.
- Martin Luther King Jr.

Azathoth
blind idiot god
blind idiot god

Post by Azathoth » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:20 am

If you view a traitor with special abilities a pro-town role you have some pretty funny ideas about game balancing.
Outside the ordered universe is that amorphous blight of nethermost confusion which blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity—the boundless daemon sultan Azathoth, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, and who gnaws hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space amidst the muffled, maddening beating of vile drums and the thin monotonous whine of accursed flutes.

Code: Select all

// Replaces with spaces the braces in cases where braces in places cause stasis 
   $str = str_replace(array("\{","\}")," ",$str);

Don't Panic
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

Post by Don't Panic » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:21 am

You or shizzle were going down on day 5 amok, the original plan was to view shizzle as Zigmens role, but when you came up as not on the town list it was too perfect not to switch to you, the best lies always contain a grain of truth.

Have to say I was damned nervous for those few hours on day 5. Kept expecting a nasty twist.
D.N.A.

Don't Panic
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

Post by Don't Panic » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:22 am

Feck wrote:Lynch DP how many times :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
I think they'll listen after this one.
D.N.A.

amok

Post by amok » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:30 am

Azathoth wrote:If you view a traitor with special abilities a pro-town role you have some pretty funny ideas about game balancing.
No, no, I don't mean that. I mean the good Scum play, combined with my poor Traitor play, could have resulted in a Town win.
- Martin Luther King Jr.

MattShizzle

Post by MattShizzle » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:34 am

Seriously, this was about as unbalanced towards scum as a game could possibly be - other than having like 1 fewer scum than town or such. No seer and a sort-of-seer who is scum was about as fair as matching a 90 year old man who once boxed in college against the current heavyweight champion in a boxing match. And no doc??? No vig????? Seriously 3 scum, a traitor and a role that town has almost no chance of seeing as non-town and only 2 town specials who are only half specials and not that powerful ones? Plus giving the same role name to 2 town players? What were you thinking? This is almost as bad if not worse than Ishmael's Trailer Park Boys game at RnR a couple years ago - where scum had a role who had an extra kill and 2 blocks.

Magicziggy

Post by Magicziggy » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:36 am

Not every game is a perfect balance.
I had a blast.

MattShizzle

Post by MattShizzle » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:38 am

Magicziggy wrote:Not every game is a perfect balance.
I had a blast.

That's kind of like saying about a hydrogen bomb "not every explosion is one you can hold in your fingers without injury."