MLP Game Thread

Mafia Forum is visible to guests. Please note that game threads are limited to posts by players who are involved in each game. Non-player or derail posts will be moved to a gallery thread.

Moderator: Mafia Mods

Magicziggy

Re: My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic: Day 4

Post by Magicziggy » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:10 am

b.ternarius wrote:
Feck wrote:
Well everything I did or said someone managed to see as scummy this game ...
hey, I feel your pain. At least I was scum this game.

I was surprised MZ didn't get himself lynched, thought he looked about the most scummy of the town players. Along with ksen. :D
That must be meta then. Because I tend to play this way.
Except when I don't :what:
And then I'm town. :smoke:

b.ternarius

Post by b.ternarius » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:10 am

Uselesstwit wrote:everyone might have to excuse me tonight, i have a bit of a sugar rush going. the big bowl of candy has been tempting me all night.
I am this very moment swallowing the last bit of my fourth teeny chocolate bar.

b.ternarius

Post by b.ternarius » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:12 am

Magicziggy wrote:
b.ternarius wrote:
Feck wrote:

I was surprised MZ didn't get himself lynched, thought he looked about the most scummy of the town players. Along with ksen. :D
Ah, but I've only played a couple games with you. :)

Magicziggy

Post by Magicziggy » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:19 am

b.ternarius wrote:
Magicziggy wrote:
b.ternarius wrote:
Feck wrote:

Ah, but I've only played a couple games with you. :)
I can tell. The trick is to never lynch me. You'll learn. :prof:

Uselesstwit

Post by Uselesstwit » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:22 am

gotta love halloween.
irretating wrote:you're a genius, UT!

Magicziggy

Post by Magicziggy » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:27 am

Aza,
I thought it was a very well deisgned game with plenty of intrigue and surprises.

Mono, please come back and learn from your mistakes. We may lynch day 1 for next couple of games, but then we'll get over it.
If you really don;t have the time to play, then please don;t sign up.

Ob, unfinished business... :plot:
I may read your writeboard one day.
I'd be interested if you have any idea at all about what was going on in my head.

oblivion
Noble Savage

Post by oblivion » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:32 am

I don't think you will find that on the writeboard. I didn't try to get into your head. It's not how I play mafia. I've only once gotten into someone's head in a game. I don't think you know him, but some ratz players do - bilirubin. and he had it coming ;ob;

Magicziggy

Post by Magicziggy » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:37 am

He played here once.

b.ternarius

Post by b.ternarius » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:38 am

I enjoyed this game, but I want another Innsmouth.

And can't wait for Imajica.

irretating
not too sweet to sledge

Post by irretating » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:19 am

oblivion wrote:I don't think you will find that on the writeboard. I didn't try to get into your head. It's not how I play mafia. I've only once gotten into someone's head in a game. I don't think you know him, but some ratz players do - bilirubin. and he had it coming ;ob;
Ooh yeah... I hope you handed him his ass. :stanley:

oblivion
Noble Savage

Post by oblivion » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:25 am

pretty much. It wasn't an elegant game by any means, but I had my moments.

charlou
arseist

Post by charlou » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:37 am

Az, I think you need a nice bit of pony lovin' :console: :smooch:

gib wrote:gah, was following this game

who would have won?
If I was still in it, town ... I'd have voted ob, obviously. :mrgreen:

I have no hard feelings about callan's mistake .. it could happen to anyone, anytime. Maybe chatting about it on msn or skype would be a better alternative? ... although I agree that callan should just play. :toetap:

ksen, I like playing mafia with you .. when you actually play ... signing up, then missing the opening days ... hmmm, actually I'm not sure if that's a problem or beneficial ... Depends which side we're on, I guess.

I agree that it was an intriguing game .. also a bit weird, but I can't really put my finger on why ... but anyway, I enjoyed playing day one, and then following along .. thank you all.

Off to read the scum writeboard ...
no fences

charlou
arseist

Post by charlou » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:53 am

Uselesstwit wrote:i can agree with that. i'm not fond of out of game info being used. I got myself lynched my first game at tr because a teammate got a scum lynched by profile watching and catching them sending a kill order to the gm. It's why i felt forced to tell aza about the pm sent to me by mistake. I like winning, but not by unfair methods. It is kind of funny that aza is so hard on callan after the cardflip error. It's like people mess up sometimes.
On the profile watching thing ... it's come up often enough to be raised as a separate issue of concern, I think.

DP and I had a small exchange about it after a previous game ... I suggested moving the mafia subforum to an area of rationalia where players (and others, incidentally) can view it without even being logged in, so that not only can players be hidden from non staff, but from staff as well. That's not an accusation of ill-will or cheating or whatever towards staff players, just a pragmatic suggestion. When I was on staff I could see hidden users, and while I did my best not to use that to my (and my team if I was scum) advantage, it was impossible for my personal position to be affected by it at times. For example, if it comes up in the game that a player's not been online or viewing the topic because they've been too busy irl, yet I could see that wasn't the case ... I'd not bring it up in the game, but I would still know they were there all along. It's impossible to ignore.
no fences

charlou
arseist

Post by charlou » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:00 am

Linus wrote:
Uselesstwit wrote:i know, i keep thinking we need to start enforcing some post rule to eliminate skaters, but t the same time, to do that we'd have to basically ruin a couple of games. i'd just feel guilty doing that to gm, after they spent the time in making a game.
Didn't follow the game---checking in mainly to estimate when it's my turn to GM---but I've thought about the general issue a bit. IMO, "lynch the quiet ones" should get the same status as "lynch all liars", i.e. a norm that town enforces because lying (or minimal participation) is considered anti-town play. I'm also a bit intrigued by the possibility of penalizing minimal participation through the game mechanics (aside from godkill), but don't have any workable ideas... A half-baked one: give the mayor an NK that can only be used on the 2 players with lowest post count. But it's maybe too easy to just make 10 post effectively saying "I'm only posting this to increase my post count".
re the bit I've bolded: An interesting suggestion ... and not necessarily a bad one ... your argument against it pretty much applies regardless. I mean, that kind of thing can happen whatever method is used to attempt to force posting. At least there'd be some form of interaction on which to build data about those involved that isn't going on with some absentee players, atm.
no fences

oblivion
Noble Savage

Post by oblivion » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:12 am

charlou wrote:
Uselesstwit wrote:i can agree with that. i'm not fond of out of game info being used. I got myself lynched my first game at tr because a teammate got a scum lynched by profile watching and catching them sending a kill order to the gm. It's why i felt forced to tell aza about the pm sent to me by mistake. I like winning, but not by unfair methods. It is kind of funny that aza is so hard on callan after the cardflip error. It's like people mess up sometimes.
On the profile watching thing ... it's come up often enough to be raised as a separate issue of concern, I think.

DP and I had a small exchange about it after a previous game ... I suggested moving the mafia subforum to an area of rationalia where players (and others, incidentally) can view it without even being logged in, so that not only can players be hidden from non staff, but from staff as well. That's not an accusation of ill-will or cheating or whatever towards staff players, just a pragmatic suggestion. When I was on staff I could see hidden users, and while I did my best not to use that to my (and my team if I was scum) advantage, it was impossible for my personal position to be affected by it at times. For example, if it comes up in the game that a player's not been online or viewing the topic because they've been too busy irl, yet I could see that wasn't the case ... I'd not bring it up in the game, but I would still know they were there all along. It's impossible to ignore.
How best to promote this question? I mean we can talk about it amongst ourselves in this forum that apparently a lot of non-mafia players have on ignore, but is that going to cause anything to happen? I doubt it.