Discworld Game Thread

Mafia Forum is visible to guests. Please note that game threads are limited to posts by players who are involved in each game. Non-player or derail posts will be moved to a gallery thread.

Moderator: Mafia Mods

Don't Panic
Evil Admin
Evil Admin
About me: 100% Pure Evil. (Not from Concentrate)

Discworld Posgame Wrap-up

Post by Don't Panic » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:09 pm

I want to apologise to rc for yesterday, sorry for locking onto you but I could taste the win at that point, I thought I had overplayed my hand and would log in this morning to find one of us dead and the other two being lined up.
Gawd wrote:»
And those Zumwalts are already useless, they can be taken out with an ICBM.
The world is a thing of utter inordinate complexity and richness and strangeness that is absolutely awesome. I mean the idea that such complexity can arise not only out of such simplicity, but probably absolutely out of nothing, is the most fabulous extraordinary idea. And once you get some kind of inkling of how that might have happened, it's just wonderful. And . . . the opportunity to spend 70 or 80 years of your life in such a universe is time well spent as far as I am concerned.
D.N.A.

Feck

Re: Discworld Posgame Wrap-up

Post by Feck » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:28 pm

Zigmen wrote:A quick note from the GM regarding the endgame:

7 players remained and were able to carry 7.5 votes. Scum controlled 3 of those votes.
IOW, Not only did Town need to lynch a Scum to survive, they could not afford to have 1 Townie vote for any 1 Townie or else Scum could swoop in, place their votes along with that player and automatically win the game.

The best fix, as I saw it, would have been if this had been discussed and decision made to vote along with Athene for all players, with any dissenting voters placed on the hotplate for tomorrow.

This could have allowed Town to pull out a possible win.

Just my two cents.
no it's ok town deserved a merciful end .
:hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog:
Give me the wine , I don't need the bread

Don't Panic
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

Post by Don't Panic » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:31 pm

Feck wrote:
Zigmen wrote:A quick note from the GM regarding the endgame:

7 players remained and were able to carry 7.5 votes. Scum controlled 3 of those votes.
IOW, Not only did Town need to lynch a Scum to survive, they could not afford to have 1 Townie vote for any 1 Townie or else Scum could swoop in, place their votes along with that player and automatically win the game.

The best fix, as I saw it, would have been if this had been discussed and decision made to vote along with Athene for all players, with any dissenting voters placed on the hotplate for tomorrow.

This could have allowed Town to pull out a possible win.

Just my two cents.
no it's ok town deserved a merciful end .
Thanks for the assist feck, just let me know next time you're scum and I'll return the favour. :dp:
The world is a thing of utter inordinate complexity and richness and strangeness that is absolutely awesome. I mean the idea that such complexity can arise not only out of such simplicity, but probably absolutely out of nothing, is the most fabulous extraordinary idea. And once you get some kind of inkling of how that might have happened, it's just wonderful. And . . . the opportunity to spend 70 or 80 years of your life in such a universe is time well spent as far as I am concerned.
D.N.A.

r.c

Post by r.c » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:33 pm

Don't Panic wrote:I want to apologise to rc for yesterday, sorry for locking onto you but I could taste the win at that point, I thought I had overplayed my hand and would log in this morning to find one of us dead and the other two being lined up.
You don't have to be sorry :) . It was a good game strategy. Could have backfired if I had survived though.

Feck

Post by Feck » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:37 pm

DP you white knighted me !!"!!! you Fucker !

BarnettNewman
extemporaneous

Post by BarnettNewman » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:39 pm

Hi all! Thanks for my first and certainly not last game at Ratz, Zigmen. It was a lot of fun.

We are definitely even Amok! :hugs:

Thanks to may team mates for their patience. The helped me a lot in explaining the ins and outs of the game.

:cheeres:

I really am sorry to have played the "gee I'm a n00b" card. I actually felt bad as I think people may have had sympathy for me. Truth is I was half clueless. Cool thing is having been scum and seeing Ratz from that side will make my town game better. :tup:

I was worried about the scenario that Zigmen described. I was afraid we'd have to bus Gonzo and that would be it. In retrospect, it is good that I wasn't bussed because we simply wouldn't have been able to lynch rc at that point I think.

Well done all, town you kept us on our toes. :cheeres:

Don't Panic
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

Post by Don't Panic » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:41 pm

Feck wrote:DP you white knighted me !!"!!! you Fucker !
I was completely honest, I was getting a town feel from you, only by virtue of knowing you weren't scum though.
Plus if I got lynched town might have seen that as a reason to kill you.
D.N.A.

Don't Panic
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

Post by Don't Panic » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:43 pm

Zigmen, what was the story with the earmuffs? Did they come from ut and would they have done something different if a town player got them?
D.N.A.

Feck

Post by Feck » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:46 pm

Yep Barnett you do know that the little reservoir you might have had just for being a Newb has all evaporated ...

DP I maybe shit at scum hunting (actually i'm not that bad check the last 2 games ) but I have recently managed to devise a town game that several important town players recognise as me when I'm town .......... ( now I have to adapt that to when I'm scum ,note to GMs WHEN I'm scum )

BarnettNewman
extemporaneous

Post by BarnettNewman » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:48 pm

Feck wrote:Yep Barnett you do know that the little reservoir you might have had just for being a Newb has all evaporated ...
:biggrin:

amok
About me: Bearer of bad news.

Post by amok » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:24 pm

Reading the Scum board makes me even more impressed with the Scum team. You guys are dangerous! :clap:
It may be true that the law cannot make a man love me, but it can keep him from lynching me, and I think that's pretty important.
- Martin Luther King Jr.

Don't Panic
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

Post by Don't Panic » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:37 pm

amok wrote:Reading the Scum board makes me even more impressed with the Scum team. You guys are dangerous! :clap:
It was all Barnett and gonzo, I was led astray, you can trust me to be town in all future games.
D.N.A.

Feck

Post by Feck » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:13 pm

Don't Panic wrote:
amok wrote:Reading the Scum board makes me even more impressed with the Scum team. You guys are dangerous! :clap:
It was all Barnett and gonzo, I was led astray, you can trust me to be town in all future games.

MattShizzle

Post by MattShizzle » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:21 pm

That was a very powerful scum team all being specials.

Don't Panic
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

Post by Don't Panic » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:24 pm

Do we get to see the zombie board?
D.N.A.