Old West Mafia game thread

Mafia Forum is visible to guests. Please note that game threads are limited to posts by players who are involved in each game. Non-player or derail posts will be moved to a gallery thread.

Moderator: Mafia Mods

r.c

Re: Old West Mafia Day 3

Post by r.c » Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:25 am

Good game Matt :td:

I was going to NK DP yesterday but finally decided against it. If DP turned out town, I would have been a lynch target and would have had to reveal my role.

Magicziggy

Post by Magicziggy » Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:29 am

Zigmen wrote:
Feck wrote:
Zigmen wrote:GG, folks. Sorry to spook you with my overboard approach. That's what my Town game looks like when I'm not trying to be "typical Town," as I often do as Town and as Scum.
No I had you down as annoying town from day one mostly .
Yup. I'll be reverting to my normal boring game immediately. I just figured what the hell, it's a small game and I'm bored, so let's at least have something to talk about.
Two massive town tells were zigmen's call for a mass claim and Feck's fake seer claim.
As scum, you'd never be confident of town's reaction. As vanilla town, it's always worth stirring the pot.

amok
About me: Bearer of bad news.

Post by amok » Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:31 am

I wasn't playing, Matt, but I enjoyed the game.

I still don't quite grasp how the players figured stuff out (I'll go back and re-read in a bit), but it was a lot of fun to watch, peeking in over the saloon swishy-doors).

Thank you, Matt, and congratulations Town.

:cry: for the Scummies.
It may be true that the law cannot make a man love me, but it can keep him from lynching me, and I think that's pretty important.
- Martin Luther King Jr.

MattShizzle

Post by MattShizzle » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:02 am

I hope to have more - at least 14, preferably 16+ - for my next one which will be based on the 1986 computer RPG "Wasteland." The one after that will be "Beavis and Butthead Mafia."

Uselesstwit

Post by Uselesstwit » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:39 am

That was fun, but i'm not sure town could ever do it again. There was a huge amount of lucky guesswork involved here. Irre, I did eventually figure it out during the day 2 game, just took me a lot longer than it should have.

Thanks for the game matt, it was fun, but a little short.
irretating wrote:you're a genius, UT!

Zigmen

Post by Zigmen » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:49 am

MattShizzle wrote:
Zigmen wrote:I remember revealing everything

First letter of each word spells Irre. I screwed up the bold just now.
How did you figure she was the seer?
Irre:
Woot! How cool!

I think we can do some serious triangulation now!

I am getting a strong town read from UT.

My list (most townish to least):

UT

I think you told Jerome to throw a vote at me, in the hope that people would think he was the seer and had viewed me (I of course am not going to buy this as I know I'm town), but most importantly he wanted the seer to out. You on the other hand want ALL the specials to out.

Seer: hold your nerve. My behaviour yesterday shows my town creds. Plus, I suspect you really did view me.

I'm town so I know that he has no basis to vote me. Add to that my very pro-town behaviour yesterday, and he starts to look real scummy. Scum know that their only shot is a mass claim, which they'd be thrilled about, because they could fake claim themselves, all the while picking off the specials. Which is why I think zigmen is reeking also.

UT, think outside the box, pls. What do you think about MZ
Gosh, I dunno. Maybe it was that she constantly referred to Specials, the Seer, how Town she was, and that UT was so cleared for no apparent reason and he should think outside of the box?

MZ obviously picked up on this as well, though I'm surprised UT didn't get it (xpost i see he eventually got it).

Show of hands: How many of you knew Irre was the Seer and that she viewed UT?

It was like impossible to miss.
~Three of a Perfect Pair~

Magicziggy

Old West Mafia Day 3

Post by Magicziggy » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:53 am

No I didn't.

Magicziggy

Old West Mafia Day 3

Post by Magicziggy » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:56 am

UT asked me a direct question just like gib did that time he was a lie detector. On that basis I gave him benefit of the doubt at the start. I was interested in why you changed. I had no idea that irre was the seer.

Zigmen

Post by Zigmen » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:57 am

Magicziggy wrote:No I didn't.
Really? you questioned me about why I withdrew UT from my Scumlist, and I essentially told you it was scummy to ask me, and then you dropped it. I thought for sure you picked up on it at that point.

JEROME DA GNOME

Post by JEROME DA GNOME » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:10 am

Great game guys!

Thanks for running the game Matt!

http://www.zantherus.com/fun/drunkpost.php

I had it set at 'smashed'.
"What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way."

Zigmen

Post by Zigmen » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:12 am

JEROME DA GNOME wrote:Great game guys!

Thanks for running the game Matt!

http://www.zantherus.com/fun/drunkpost.php

I had it set at 'smashed'.
I'm glad you were Town in the end.

Why did you put your vote on Irre?

irretating
not too sweet to sledge

Post by irretating » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:21 am

^ yeah that threw me, I had to stop his vote gaining traction, without outing myself. In the end I was pretty obvious. He had me thinking he was working with you, trying to out the seer.

MattShizzle

Post by MattShizzle » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:38 am

Uselesstwit wrote:That was fun, but i'm not sure town could ever do it again. There was a huge amount of lucky guesswork involved here. Irre, I did eventually figure it out during the day 2 game, just took me a lot longer than it should have.

Thanks for the game matt, it was fun, but a little short.
I don't think it would have made much difference even had dp got the nk in - even before irre posted the view town was pretty sure dp was scum. Combination of bad luck for scum (both dp and ksen being unavailable at times), good luck for town and good town play. I don't ever remember seeing such a strong town victory in a mafia game before.

Zigmen

Post by Zigmen » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:42 am

Serious question to you all:

I know I played wildly and suspiciously. I think we gained some benefits and some deficits as a result.

Would you guys prefer i tone back down to normal levels and not be so distracting?

irretating
not too sweet to sledge

Old West Mafia Day 3

Post by irretating » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:56 am

I find your mafia play entertaining, zig. It's just that often I will read you as scum. You seem to have become better at avoiding the lynch.