Mythadventures game thread: Mythconceptions

Mafia Forum is visible to guests. Please note that game threads are limited to posts by players who are involved in each game. Non-player or derail posts will be moved to a gallery thread.

Moderator: Mafia Mods

oblivion
Noble Savage

Re: Mythadventures: Day 5 - Myth-ion Improbable

Post by oblivion » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:36 am

as always, this was a random roll. When I get a roll that I think is extremely unfair on one side or another, then I do a complete reroll. I don't adjust on a player by player basis. In a recent case I wound up subtracting a role and going with the original roll after something like 3 different complete rerolls. That was the EQ1 game. The problem with that game was too many specials. I just couldn't take out some of the mechanics I'd had in mind for years, though. I was being an idiot.

This time, I thought the scum team looked good. irre was likely to be viewed early and she was the don. diva was likely to skate because she'd been under a lot of suspicion in other games and turned out to be town. and charlou knows her way around a scum kill.

the town team also looked pretty strong.

charlou
arseist

Post by charlou » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:39 am

Yes, very well balanced game, I think.
no fences

Uselesstwit

Post by Uselesstwit » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:47 am

charlou wrote:Yes, very well balanced game, I think.
i agree, I think either team could have one this. Having a different seer alone might have spelled towns doom. This was actually a really fun game, thanks ob.
irretating wrote:you're a genius, UT!

oblivion
Noble Savage

Post by oblivion » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:02 am

Yeah, when one or two players have an excellent game, I'm happy to see the game conclude fairly quickly. That's not about balance. It's about skill and luck.

That's part of mafia. sometimes players in key roles are spot on, and sometimes they aren't.

charlou
arseist

Post by charlou » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:02 am

irretating wrote:I'm always special :levi:
Apart from subbing in for MZ a while back, I've been vanilla for several games here and at freethought forum. Was a bit daunted by playing scum this game, especially with the calibre of players on the town side.
no fences

charlou
arseist

Post by charlou » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:03 am

oblivion wrote:Yeah, when one or two players have an excellent game, I'm happy to see the game conclude fairly quickly. That's not about balance. It's about skill and luck.

That's part of mafia. sometimes players in key roles are spot on, and sometimes they aren't.
Agreed on all points.
no fences

Don't Panic
Evil Admin
Evil Admin
About me: 100% Pure Evil. (Not from Concentrate)

Mythadventures: Day 5 - Myth-ion Improbable

Post by Don't Panic » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:55 am

Great game oblivion. :cheers:

I cannot believe I made it to the end as an outed seer, or that I managed to view the entire scum team, and had a view submitted for ut.
I'd like to thank god, but as a skeptical bastard I'll just put it down to luck.
Gawd wrote:»
And those Zumwalts are already useless, they can be taken out with an ICBM.
The world is a thing of utter inordinate complexity and richness and strangeness that is absolutely awesome. I mean the idea that such complexity can arise not only out of such simplicity, but probably absolutely out of nothing, is the most fabulous extraordinary idea. And once you get some kind of inkling of how that might have happened, it's just wonderful. And . . . the opportunity to spend 70 or 80 years of your life in such a universe is time well spent as far as I am concerned.
D.N.A.

MSG
Flavour Enhancer

Post by MSG » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:45 am

woot!
irretating wrote:MSG gives me headaches :tea:

Feck

Post by Feck » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:14 am

That was a good game even from the sidelines! . I'd seen DP as Seer in action before i'm glad I was town this time ! Tough luck scum ..but we shouldn't gloat it must have been hard for them and I for one think the ladies made a credible go of it without a man around to do the thinking :leave:

Seriously ,thanks for the game Oblivion yet another good one I think my town skills improved although it's easier to play from the zombie board, less pressure
:hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog:
Give me the wine , I don't need the bread

Don't Panic
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

Post by Don't Panic » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:16 pm

Feck wrote:That was a good game even from the sidelines! . I'd seen DP as Seer in action before i'm glad I was town this time ! Tough luck scum ..but we shouldn't gloat it must have been hard for them and I for one think the ladies made a credible go of it without a man around to do the thinking :leave:

Seriously ,thanks for the game Oblivion yet another good one I think my town skills improved although it's easier to play from the zombie board, less pressure
Hmmm, zombie board mafia?
The world is a thing of utter inordinate complexity and richness and strangeness that is absolutely awesome. I mean the idea that such complexity can arise not only out of such simplicity, but probably absolutely out of nothing, is the most fabulous extraordinary idea. And once you get some kind of inkling of how that might have happened, it's just wonderful. And . . . the opportunity to spend 70 or 80 years of your life in such a universe is time well spent as far as I am concerned.
D.N.A.

oblivion
Noble Savage

Post by oblivion » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:36 pm

I'm glad you guys enjoyed it!

I had planned to write more involved and punny daybreaks and nightfalls for this game, but running two games at once kinda cramped my creative writing time.

Azathoth
blind idiot god
blind idiot god

Post by Azathoth » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:42 pm

UT :lay: If you had been a standard SK you would have won that with a last man standing win condition *sulks*
Outside the ordered universe is that amorphous blight of nethermost confusion which blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity—the boundless daemon sultan Azathoth, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, and who gnaws hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space amidst the muffled, maddening beating of vile drums and the thin monotonous whine of accursed flutes.

Code: Select all

// Replaces with spaces the braces in cases where braces in places cause stasis 
   $str = str_replace(array("\{","\}")," ",$str);

Don't Panic
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

Post by Don't Panic » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:49 pm

Azathoth wrote:UT :lay: If you had been a standard SK you would have won that with a last man standing win condition *sulks*
He would have had to kill you, me, mantis and rc.
He might have won.
D.N.A.

gib
stone soup vendor

Post by gib » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:52 pm

DP seer of the year!

Feck

Post by Feck » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:00 pm

gib wrote:DP seer of the year!
That's twice he's done that !
:hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog: