Mythadventures Rules and Peanuts

Mafia Forum is visible to guests. Please note that game threads are limited to posts by players who are involved in each game. Non-player or derail posts will be moved to a gallery thread.

Moderator: Mafia Mods

b.ternarius

Re: Mythadventures Rules and Peanuts

Post by b.ternarius » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:22 am

Is there a signup list up?

Azathoth
blind idiot god
blind idiot god

Post by Azathoth » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:23 am

Yep, fishmen all round :cthulhu:
Outside the ordered universe is that amorphous blight of nethermost confusion which blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity—the boundless daemon sultan Azathoth, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, and who gnaws hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space amidst the muffled, maddening beating of vile drums and the thin monotonous whine of accursed flutes.

Code: Select all

// Replaces with spaces the braces in cases where braces in places cause stasis 
   $str = str_replace(array("\{","\}")," ",$str);

Azathoth
blind idiot god
blind idiot god

Post by Azathoth » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:24 am

I will start the signup towards the end of this game
Outside the ordered universe is that amorphous blight of nethermost confusion which blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity—the boundless daemon sultan Azathoth, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, and who gnaws hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space amidst the muffled, maddening beating of vile drums and the thin monotonous whine of accursed flutes.

Code: Select all

// Replaces with spaces the braces in cases where braces in places cause stasis 
   $str = str_replace(array("\{","\}")," ",$str);

b.ternarius

Post by b.ternarius » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:30 am

Okay. I should have time for it, though next weekend is Canada Day long weekend, Canadian players like me will be off camping and stuff.

divagreen

Post by divagreen » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:36 am

Yes, thank you for subbing b. ternarius! :)

I look forward to playing with you some more. All the games that we have played so far you keep getting killed.
Currently suffers from Cassandra's curse.

grit
About me: Calvinistic Christian, wandering pilgrim, and all 'round very odd fellow.

Post by grit » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:16 am

Yeah, huggles and thanks, b.ternarius. I think the ferociously fierce lawn mower deer flies were a real highlight for me. You should note those for an upcoming game, oblivion. :biggrin:

b.ternarius

Post by b.ternarius » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:19 am

I know, it's getting a little tedious, the continual hangings, transportations, throat slittings and explosions.

b.ternarius

Post by b.ternarius » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:21 am

grit wrote:Yeah, huggles and thanks, b.ternarius. I think the ferociously fierce lawn mower deer flies were a real highlight for me. You should note those for an upcoming game, oblivion. :biggrin:
Those things almost convince me there is a devil. Lawn mowing would be so serene without their evil presence. :(

divagreen

Post by divagreen » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:14 am

b.ternarius wrote:I know, it's getting a little tedious, the continual hangings, transportations, throat slittings and explosions.
I always took it that you being NKed meant that you were a good player. :)

b.ternarius

Post by b.ternarius » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:51 am

It might relate more to there having been several games in a short time span where I was a seer, so skum were looking for special tells in my play and maybe there were some. Essentially I play as honest as I can within the role, but I get anxious and defensive when cornered. I keep trying to quit that. :D

grit
About me: Calvinistic Christian, wandering pilgrim, and all 'round very odd fellow.

Post by grit » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:04 am

Defensive seeing is a good way to drive a game, when checking the rearview mirror regularly and using proper turn signals.
Anxious driving can be beneficial to a point, but usually gets one in a lot of trouble when playing Mafia in the city as opposed to the country. If you get pulled over by a cop when anxious, it gets them all nervous too, and they're gonna check your trunk and keep a hand on their sidearm while giving you the evil eye and making you touch your nose.
For some reason, Mafia players seem to have this thing about touching their nose... and, um, Canadians. It often makes them use profanity and the word "retard" as a cautionary safe-word. Here in the South we always use the phrases, "God bless her/him", or "Lord have mercy", but that's on account of the belts we wear.
You've noticed how often Canadians get lynched in these things, right? I think it's maybe 'cause Canadians are not known for having their own Mafiosos, like Yankees, Irish, Italians, Asians, Latins, and such. It must be the maple syrup... or maybe something to do with Mounties and hockey. I'd check into that before next game.

Feck

Post by Feck » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:12 am

grit wrote:Defensive seeing is a good way to drive a game, when checking the rearview mirror regularly and using proper turn signals.
Anxious driving can be beneficial to a point, but usually gets one in a lot of trouble when playing Mafia in the city as opposed to the country. If you get pulled over by a cop when anxious, it gets them all nervous too, and they're gonna check your trunk and keep a hand on their sidearm while giving you the evil eye and making you touch your nose.
For some reason, Mafia players seem to have this thing about touching their nose... and, um, Canadians. It often makes them use profanity and the word "retard" as a cautionary safe-word. Here in the South we always use the phrases, "God bless her/him", or "Lord have mercy", but that's on account of the belts we wear.
You've noticed how often Canadians get lynched in these things, right? I think it's maybe 'cause Canadians are not known for having their own Mafiosos, like Yankees, Irish, Italians, Asians, Latins, and such. It must be the maple syrup... or maybe something to do with Mounties and hockey. I'd check into that before next game.
:lol:
:hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog:
Give me the wine , I don't need the bread

grit

Post by grit » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:33 am

I'm just sayin' it might do her some good to make sure and identify herself as an islander Canadian, or maybe use her own safe-word identifier, like maybe "aboat", "you betcha", or somethin' like that. If I were her and gonna (aboat to) be lynched, I'd probably go with the word "aboat", rather than "you betcha" or "eh". I'm not sure what word partial Floridians use to prevent a lynch, probably something to do with alligators, dolphins, or pirates. I might give "crikey" a try, like the Aussies, or maybe something aboat parrot crackers or tuna fish. The dolphin phrase, "K'aah Queee!", comes to mind.

divagreen

Post by divagreen » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:43 pm

I have a cold and it is making me cranky. I apologise ahead of time if I offend anyone and if I am a little absent today.

Feck

Post by Feck » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:47 pm

I'm sure it won't be a problem Diva after all, it's snot like you to offend .
:hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog:
Give me the wine , I don't need the bread