Reservoir Dogs Mafia Game thread

Mafia Forum is visible to guests. Please note that game threads are limited to posts by players who are involved in each game. Non-player or derail posts will be moved to a gallery thread.

Moderator: Mafia Mods

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Re: Reservoir Dogs Mafia - Post Game

Post by Animavore » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:20 am

Great game, Gonzo. A bit different.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

irretating
not too sweet to sledge

Post by irretating » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:20 am

Animavore wrote:More scumboard lulz.
irre wrote:I agree that Ani is most likely vanilla. He’s pretty random so he’s good for end game. I’d want ade and Aza gone before end game.
The irony.
:hehe:

irretating
not too sweet to sledge

Post by irretating » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:21 am

Feck wrote:
Mantisdreamz wrote:Feck, what do you mean the player order?
List the players on day one ...now who was a town special who were the scum ?
Yes, gonzo, how was it that scum were all listed in a clump? Just a fluke?

Feck

Post by Feck » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:25 am

I'm changing my name too Abaacus before the next game !
:hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog:
Give me the wine , I don't need the bread

Azathoth
blind idiot god
blind idiot god

Post by Azathoth » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:40 am

GG Gonzo. I can't believe I made it to endgame
Outside the ordered universe is that amorphous blight of nethermost confusion which blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity—the boundless daemon sultan Azathoth, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, and who gnaws hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space amidst the muffled, maddening beating of vile drums and the thin monotonous whine of accursed flutes.

Code: Select all

// Replaces with spaces the braces in cases where braces in places cause stasis 
   $str = str_replace(array("\{","\}")," ",$str);

DennyB

Post by DennyB » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:53 am

Great Game Gonzo. I really enjoyed this one with the loaded specials.
Charlou, Why the kill on me?
Auspicious Curmudgeon

divagreen

Post by divagreen » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:31 am

And good job on your vote, Ani! :)
Currently suffers from Cassandra's curse.

irretating
not too sweet to sledge

Post by irretating » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:00 am

Azathoth wrote:GG Gonzo. I can't believe I made it to endgame
You wouldn't have, if I'd had my way :tea:

Mantisdreamz

Post by Mantisdreamz » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:02 am

Feck wrote:
Mantisdreamz wrote:Feck, what do you mean the player order?
List the players on day one ...now who was a town special who were the scum ?
ohh yaa

Azathoth
blind idiot god
blind idiot god

Post by Azathoth » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:26 am

irretating wrote:
Azathoth wrote:GG Gonzo. I can't believe I made it to endgame
You wouldn't have, if I'd had my way :tea:
:lay:
Outside the ordered universe is that amorphous blight of nethermost confusion which blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity—the boundless daemon sultan Azathoth, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, and who gnaws hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space amidst the muffled, maddening beating of vile drums and the thin monotonous whine of accursed flutes.

Code: Select all

// Replaces with spaces the braces in cases where braces in places cause stasis 
   $str = str_replace(array("\{","\}")," ",$str);

Feck

Post by Feck » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:37 am

I think it was nice that Ani got to play a game all the way through for once .
:hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog:
Give me the wine , I don't need the bread

irretating
not too sweet to sledge

Post by irretating » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:46 am

It was.. alas he wasn't as random as I'd hoped for :hehe:

Mantisdreamz

Post by Mantisdreamz » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:28 am

Feck wrote:I think it was nice that Ani got to play a game all the way through for once .
that's true. There is a certain few that never seem to be able to make it through... like, Zigmen for one. And Denny. No wonder Zig was getting so frustrated. :hehe: But at the same time - Zig comes up with such outlandish things while scum, it's tough to actually believe him when he is town!

irretating
not too sweet to sledge

Post by irretating » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:45 am

Zig is a failure of his success at BS'ing when he's scum, I'm afraid. I've no sympathy for him at all *sniff*. But why I can't make it to endgame any more, well that is outrageously unfair :lay:

charlou
arseist

Post by charlou » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:36 am

Denny, I killed you because I've wanted to see you suffer in agony and facing your death for so long ... I enjoyed every moment of it ...

*ahem*

I think the game balance was interesting for all concerned. Both scum and town were more laden with specials than we've seen here for a while, iirc.

Reading the scum writeboard, as the game progressed Linus and Feck certainly had their work cut out trying to second guess the town specials' possible night actions, and tailor their own night actions accordingly. At least they had the advantage of both being scum specials and being able to communicate to coordinate their night actions.

Town was loaded with specials, but the three seers, all with different levels of sanity, made the seer thing a wild card / wifom generator. Denny was vig killed and Zigmen quit/lynched, and Aza's level of sanity (random or paranoid) was always in question, so Feck's alignment was questionable for the most part ... I think those factors, and the fact that I was essentially vanilla for all of the nights except the one I chose to hit Denny, kinda balanced things as the game panned out. Had scum lost their specials early, my view of that may be different, though. As it was, Feck made it through to end game with only two town in play (and having done so with two nights without a kill) - kudos to the scum team for that - so there was a chance scum could have taken the game on numbers ... But I'm not sure if they'd have won, even then - Where were the diamonds in the end?

The game was very engaging and fun to play. Thanks to all of you, and to you, Gonzo :td: The role/special action, and your writeups were excellent, really imbuing the game with the fullness of flavour ... Mr Blonde ahehehe :demon:

Zigmen, I really was undecided about you. I was weighing up between you and Denny for my nightkill. In the end I thought Denny's play was odd.

Denny, this post, including your list of who your thought were most townish is what led me to think you were scum:
DennyB wrote:Frankly, I'm not buying Zigs story.
He has pulled this many times. Without another claim It's silly to lynch him though.
I think if it is infact a ruse the real seer should get some views before outing.

Most townish so far to me is:
Irre
Mantis
Athene
Feck
Charlou
The fact that on the one hand you weren't buying Zig's story, while on the other not wanting him lynched ... I thought you were possibly both scum. He was a claimed special though, so I went for you. The list of 'most townish' ... usually lists include a spectrum from most townish to most scummy, and noting who are most townish on day one also looked like possible grooming at that point of the game.

As it turned out, your card flip was useful to town ... It augered the call for Zigmen's head, but it also ensured Aza's claim was more believable.

Kudos to Aza for your cool headedness when Zigmen claimed, and your conduct throughout from there on ... Denny too, actually - Even though I misinterpreted your post, Denny, you were pretty cool under the circumstances. Must have been at least a bit startling for both of you? Certainly was for Zigmen.

Zig :hugs:

Yeah, good game ALL! :cheers:
no fences