Reservoir Dogs Mafia Sign up & Peanut Gallery

Mafia Forum is visible to guests. Please note that game threads are limited to posts by players who are involved in each game. Non-player or derail posts will be moved to a gallery thread.

Moderator: Mafia Mods

Mantisdreamz

Re: Reservoir Dogs Mafia Sign up & Peanut Gallery

Post by Mantisdreamz » Mon May 23, 2011 7:04 am

oblivion wrote:
Mantisdreamz wrote:Hope everything is okay, Ob :hugs:
It's one thing after another. :(

My dog is ill (severe urinary tract infection), and I just got back home from taking a doctor-prescribed upper repiratory care package to my son. His last final exam is Tuesday and then he can come home. In the meanwhile he's studying through a sinus infection and middle ear pain.

We're packing up all the bedrooms and moving furniture in preparation for installation of new carpets tomorrow.

After that, maybe things will calm down a bit if my dog responds to the antibiotics. She hasn't eaten since Thursday. Fortunately, she's still drinking water pretty well.
Your son will get through I bet. Yes not the best of circumstances for him to be doing exams in. But, it'll be over soon. And yea - as long as the pup is drinking water, that is a good sign. Maybe she's lost her appetite simply due to the antibiotics? -- side effect? kind of upset stomach? Maybe you could get her back slowly to the eating routine with some of her favourites or at least watered down, mild food? And fresh air and sunshine too.

Anyway, lots of :hugs:

Gonzo
For Sheriff

Post by Gonzo » Mon May 23, 2011 11:16 am

Could Aza or Zig or some other mod replace the list in the OP with this one, please?:

01. Adenosine
02. Animavore
03. Athene
04. Azathoth
05. charlou
06. Denny
07. Divagreen
08. Feck
09. Irre
10. ksen
11. Linus
12. Mantis
13. praying
14. Zigmen

And also please do not stamp it with a MOD NOTE thing? Otherwise forget about it. :D
Don't go near that elevator - that's just what they want us to do... trap us in a steel box and take us down to the basement.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Mon May 23, 2011 11:19 am

Done :tup:
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Gonzo
For Sheriff

Post by Gonzo » Mon May 23, 2011 11:21 am

Thanks!
Don't go near that elevator - that's just what they want us to do... trap us in a steel box and take us down to the basement.

oblivion
Noble Savage

Post by oblivion » Mon May 23, 2011 3:07 pm

Mantisdreamz wrote:
oblivion wrote:
Mantisdreamz wrote:Hope everything is okay, Ob :hugs:
It's one thing after another. :(

My dog is ill (severe urinary tract infection), and I just got back home from taking a doctor-prescribed upper repiratory care package to my son. His last final exam is Tuesday and then he can come home. In the meanwhile he's studying through a sinus infection and middle ear pain.

We're packing up all the bedrooms and moving furniture in preparation for installation of new carpets tomorrow.

After that, maybe things will calm down a bit if my dog responds to the antibiotics. She hasn't eaten since Thursday. Fortunately, she's still drinking water pretty well.
Your son will get through I bet. Yes not the best of circumstances for him to be doing exams in. But, it'll be over soon. And yea - as long as the pup is drinking water, that is a good sign. Maybe she's lost her appetite simply due to the antibiotics? -- side effect? kind of upset stomach? Maybe you could get her back slowly to the eating routine with some of her favourites or at least watered down, mild food? And fresh air and sunshine too.

Anyway, lots of :hugs:
She's gone. She died last night, about 10 hours ago, at home and peacefully. I miss her so much.

ksen

Post by ksen » Mon May 23, 2011 3:09 pm

oblivion wrote:She's gone. She died last night, about 10 hours ago, at home and peacefully. I miss her so much.
:shock:

I'm very sorry Ob. :hug:

DennyB

Post by DennyB » Mon May 23, 2011 3:57 pm

ob :hugs:
Auspicious Curmudgeon

DennyB

Post by DennyB » Mon May 23, 2011 4:42 pm

Bummer Diva :flowers:
Ya might as well set up a zombie board :smoke: :zombie:
Auspicious Curmudgeon

divagreen

Post by divagreen » Mon May 23, 2011 5:32 pm

DennyB wrote:Bummer Diva :flowers:
Ya might as well set up a zombie board :smoke: :zombie:
Thank you, Den, I think I will. :zombie:

I would like to state that I was not trying to cheat through my avatar. That makes all kinds of assumptions and aspersions to my character that are simply NOT TRUE.

I hold nothing against Gonzo, I think that he was merely being protective of his game. Which means that you all are in for a total mindfuckfest that I will happily enjoy watching from the sideline. It is gonna be a good game. :bwaha:
Currently suffers from Cassandra's curse.

Athene

Post by Athene » Mon May 23, 2011 5:54 pm

Hey guys, something has come up irl and I may not be back to post today. If this thing continues tomorrow then I may need to be subbed out but I'm not sure yet.

Gonzo
For Sheriff

Post by Gonzo » Mon May 23, 2011 11:10 pm

Gonzo wrote:The cops were tipped off - and not everyone escaped the police alive. Gunned down by the cops...

divagreen was Mr. Blue - Reservoir Dogs - Vanilla dead as Dillinger.

Modkilled for blatant bending of the rules. When I said there was no claiming to one's identity - that included direct hinting. Sorry diva, I hate to do it, but I'm not going to have the game broke over cheating. Given the set-up, the rule is very important. I assume you didn't intend to break the rule, but you did. :(
I would like to make it clear to everyone that it was not my intention by this post to imply that diva was purposely or knowingly breaking the rules to benefit herself in an unfair way. I used the word 'cheating' as it concerned the principle of the rule and the fact that we have a mayoral election. Had other's saw diva's avatar which was that character of her role and were keen to it, I believe the town could have elected her mayor due to the fact they had thought she was using the image to convey her role's identity. I was hesistant to make the modkill because I do not believe diva was being mischeivious or knew that doing so could interfere with the gaming mechanic and publically apologize to diva if anyone thought I was making an ill judgement of her character, I was not. It was a reasoned decision meant to prevent the game being tilted to one team's favor.
Last edited by Gonzo on Mon May 23, 2011 11:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Gonzo
For Sheriff

Post by Gonzo » Mon May 23, 2011 11:13 pm

Athene wrote:Hey guys, something has come up irl and I may not be back to post today. If this thing continues tomorrow then I may need to be subbed out but I'm not sure yet.
No problem, just let me know if you have the chance. ;)

Adenosine

Post by Adenosine » Mon May 23, 2011 11:17 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Gonzo wrote:The cops were tipped off - and not everyone escaped the police alive. Gunned down by the cops...

divagreen was Mr. Blue - Reservoir Dogs - Vanilla dead as Dillinger.

Modkilled for blatant bending of the rules. When I said there was no claiming to one's identity - that included direct hinting. Sorry diva, I hate to do it, but I'm not going to have the game broke over cheating. Given the set-up, the rule is very important. I assume you didn't intend to break the rule, but you did. :(
I would like to make it clear to everyone that it was not my intention by this post to imply that diva was purposely or knowingly breaking the rules to benefit herself in an unfair way. I used the word 'cheating' as it concerned the principle of the rule and the fact was have a mayoral election. Had other's saw diva's avatar which was that character of her role and were keen to it, I believe the town could have elected her mayor due to the fact they had thought she was using the image to convey her role's identity. I was hesistant to make the modkill because I do not believe diva was being mischeivious or knew that doing so could interfere with the gaming mechanic and publically apologize to diva if anyone thought I was making an ill judgement of her character, I was not. It was a reasoned decision meant to prevent the game being tilted to one team's favor.
Could you have had a quiet word and asked her to remove it? Only half the players had checked in at that point. It may have worked out.
Ignore me, I'm just here for the Mafia.

Gonzo
For Sheriff

Post by Gonzo » Mon May 23, 2011 11:18 pm

Too late for that so I don't know why you are suggesting it.

irretating
not too sweet to sledge

Post by irretating » Mon May 23, 2011 11:21 pm

It was a fair call IMO. Just unfortunate for both diva and gonzo.