Darkover Mafia Game Thread

Mafia Forum is visible to guests. Please note that game threads are limited to posts by players who are involved in each game. Non-player or derail posts will be moved to a gallery thread.

Moderator: Mafia Mods

def
About me: def

Re: Darkover Mafia - Day 5

Post by def » Tue May 17, 2011 12:50 am

Linus wrote:
def wrote:
Linus wrote:
def wrote:Can we find out why there was no kill night 4?
You were framed by a criminal master mind.
Proper framed, or you were just lying low? You were simply vanilla scum, so did that mean no kill? If so, hard role to finish alone with.
I could have killed someone but chose not to. With 5 special claims including a role blocker, it was a very uphill battle and I thought a "no kill" would maximize confusion.
Very nice! It takes a lot of restraint to not use a kill, but it can be very effective :soup:

@Cookie, forgiven! All you need to do now is give me a backrub, buy me a red bicycle, dress as my butler... :tup:

praying

Post by praying » Tue May 17, 2011 12:55 am

thanks Raven!! good game everyone!

Linus

Post by Linus » Tue May 17, 2011 12:58 am

Adenosine wrote:Taking UT out on night one was a mistake. I didn't want to get scum, I wanted an uncleared, unclaimed townie. My reasons for killing him were post hoc.
The posthoc reason looked sincere (and was even correct!). Unfortunately, it was clear you were SK, so you were pretty much doomed. Personally, with town ahead, I wanted to keep you around to kill more town players, so I was kind of hoping that the confusion over which kills were SK and which were scum would last, but in the end it came down to you or Bolero.

oblivion
Noble Savage

Post by oblivion » Tue May 17, 2011 1:08 am

Thanks for playing, everyone! I really enjoyed GMing this one.

Adenosine

Post by Adenosine » Tue May 17, 2011 1:09 am

Yah, I didn't even know that hiding was a usual part of an SKs repertoire. If I had I wouldn't have outed at all. I just would have quietly killed Cookie that night. No hard feelings Cookie. :)
Ignore me, I'm just here for the Mafia.

oblivion
Noble Savage

Post by oblivion » Tue May 17, 2011 1:12 am

Adenosine wrote:Yah, I didn't even know that hiding was a usual part of an SKs repertoire. If I had I wouldn't have outed at all. I just would have quietly killed Cookie that night. No hard feelings Cookie. :)
It's not. I've used the hiding night action with several different roles, both as a stand alone and as an option.

Unfortunately, Linus was only around for one of my games with a commuter role. My most recent use was to make a super-vig, a town role.

oblivion
Noble Savage

Post by oblivion » Tue May 17, 2011 1:12 am

ack...quoted by mistake.

Azathoth
blind idiot god
blind idiot god

Post by Azathoth » Tue May 17, 2011 1:18 am

GG ob. I'm glad I went out when I did because my scumdar went haywire at the end of that game
Outside the ordered universe is that amorphous blight of nethermost confusion which blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity—the boundless daemon sultan Azathoth, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, and who gnaws hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space amidst the muffled, maddening beating of vile drums and the thin monotonous whine of accursed flutes.

Code: Select all

// Replaces with spaces the braces in cases where braces in places cause stasis 
   $str = str_replace(array("\{","\}")," ",$str);

Adenosine

Post by Adenosine » Tue May 17, 2011 1:18 am

Ah well. I'm definitely in for the monster Darkover game you'll be hosting.
Ignore me, I'm just here for the Mafia.

Linus

Post by Linus » Tue May 17, 2011 1:25 am

oblivion wrote:
Adenosine wrote:Yah, I didn't even know that hiding was a usual part of an SKs repertoire. If I had I wouldn't have outed at all. I just would have quietly killed Cookie that night. No hard feelings Cookie. :)
It's not. I've used the hiding night action with several different roles, both as a stand alone and as an option.

Unfortunately, Linus was only around for one of my games with a commuter role. My most recent use was to make a super-vig, a town role.
I might have believed that he was a super-vig if he had been much more forthcoming with (des)information after Cookie claimed he was blocked, instead of just letting people remain confused about which kills were scum kills. Of course, I wouldn't have liked a super-vig any better...

CookieJon

Post by CookieJon » Tue May 17, 2011 1:30 am

Adenosine wrote:Yah, I didn't even know that hiding was a usual part of an SKs repertoire. If I had I wouldn't have outed at all. I just would have tried to quietly killed Cookie that night. No hard feelings Cookie. :)
FIFY!

Dont sweat it, you wouldn't have killed me anyway. I was blocking you 'coz I didn't trust you as far as I could spit a giant lugie... no offence, mind. :)

Linus

Post by Linus » Tue May 17, 2011 1:32 am

CookieJon wrote:
Adenosine wrote:Yah, I didn't even know that hiding was a usual part of an SKs repertoire. If I had I wouldn't have outed at all. I just would have tried to quietly killed Cookie that night. No hard feelings Cookie. :)
FIFY!

Dont sweat it, you wouldn't have killed me anyway. I was blocking you 'coz I didn't trust you as far as I could spit a giant lugie... no offence, mind. :)
Now you're gonna have to write another letter of apology.

oblivion
Noble Savage

Post by oblivion » Tue May 17, 2011 1:33 am

According to the TR list of games, I should be up as GM in about a month. Right now I'm penciled in to do an elfquest game. I might do the Darkover theme then instead.

divagreen

Post by divagreen » Tue May 17, 2011 1:34 am

Thank you for the game Ob!!!!

And thank you to my scummates! You guys did a great job!

Good job, town!
Last edited by divagreen on Tue May 17, 2011 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Currently suffers from Cassandra's curse.

irretating
not too sweet to sledge

Post by irretating » Tue May 17, 2011 1:35 am

oblivion wrote:my apologies for the sloppy work on the role PMs. I should have waited to run this game after I was off the painkillers. :(

def was the first to put in a doubled-up night action. I didn't catch it until after he'd signed off on night 2, so I let that one go. Cookiejon tried to double up the following night, and I was primed to catch it.

The roles:

Cookiejon - town roleblocker
def - healer/doc
Feck- watcher (recruitable - if scum had targeted him for any night action, he would have changed sides)
ksen - double voter (which never settled the lynch)
Azathoth and Athene - town masons
Zigmen - Innocent Child
Denny - one time lie detector
Charlou - one time bodyguard
Mantis, Praying, DennyB, Ani - vanilla town

Uselesstwit - Scum Don
Bolero - Scum roleblocker
Divagreen - Scum kidnapper
Linus - vanilla scum

Adenosine - Indie Sole Survivor with a swiss army knife's worth of night actions to choose from
UT a scum don... again... who'da thunk it :whistle:

Bummer, looks like I missed a great game. I missed the chance to get into some biffo with cookiejon or def :sigh: