Timezones

Mafia Forum is visible to guests. Please note that game threads are limited to posts by players who are involved in each game. Non-player or derail posts will be moved to a gallery thread.

Moderator: Mafia Mods

Magicziggy

Re: Timezones

Post by Magicziggy » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:06 am

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CLC7z68F

I don't know how this views to others with the Now() function. For me it reads the system time from my computer and gives an accurate read of all timezones. But I'm not sure how to make it portable. So I'll leave it up to you adapt if you wish. Copy and save it for your own needs. I'll work off a copy of this anyway.

If players don't mind entering their timezones, it just gives a better picture of the game. It doesn't indicate when people shoud be online and I don't use it for that.

Azathoth
blind idiot god
blind idiot god

Post by Azathoth » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:07 am

Feck wrote:
irretating wrote:
Feck wrote:ARRRRRRRRHG :react: A spreadsheet What are you trying to do to me ???

it's horrible, like a list for work weasels :lay: my computer seems soiled now.
:console: how do you ever manage in mafia without a spreadsheet?
intuition and rereading the thread over and over . You won't catch my scum game with a spreadsheet .

Mind you in bigger games with strange players I should write something down TR Mafia is hard work for me
I was thinking that a Meta analysis of the words people use most when scum /town cross referenced with the number of posts and the length of posts might reveal Personal scum tells but then I thought you would have to add Timezone differences and roles to the data and That's a whole load of number crunching I can't be bothered with .
it's easier just to remember Raven talks too much when scum gonzo behaves like he is in charge of the town and DP is always scum (even when town)
:laff:
Outside the ordered universe is that amorphous blight of nethermost confusion which blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity—the boundless daemon sultan Azathoth, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, and who gnaws hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space amidst the muffled, maddening beating of vile drums and the thin monotonous whine of accursed flutes.

Code: Select all

// Replaces with spaces the braces in cases where braces in places cause stasis 
   $str = str_replace(array("\{","\}")," ",$str);

oblivion
Noble Savage

Post by oblivion » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:25 pm

Magicziggy wrote:https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CLC7z68F

I don't know how this views to others with the Now() function. For me it reads the system time from my computer and gives an accurate read of all timezones. But I'm not sure how to make it portable. So I'll leave it up to you adapt if you wish. Copy and save it for your own needs. I'll work off a copy of this anyway.

If players don't mind entering their timezones, it just gives a better picture of the game. It doesn't indicate when people shoud be online and I don't use it for that.
very cool!

my timezone is showing off by one hour (later). The time of this post is 6:25 am March 12 my time, as a marker.

oblivion
Noble Savage

Post by oblivion » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:58 pm

oblivion wrote:
Magicziggy wrote:https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CLC7z68F

very cool!

my timezone is showing off by one hour (later). The time of this post is 6:25 am March 12 my time, as a marker.
n/m. you are a day ahead of me and apparently australia thinks I'm already on daylight savings time.

But, if the time is still wrong tomorrow, I'll be all ;ob;

Magicziggy

Post by Magicziggy » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:09 pm

I changed US daylight savings a day early. Thats all. Just to get it out of the way.

irretating
not too sweet to sledge

Post by irretating » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:15 pm

:hehe: