Simple Mafia 3.5

Mafia Forum is visible to guests. Please note that game threads are limited to posts by players who are involved in each game. Non-player or derail posts will be moved to a gallery thread.

Moderator: Mafia Mods

oblivion
Noble Savage

Re: Simple Mafia 3.5 - Day 4

Post by oblivion » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:29 pm

There were no specials this time.

I think part of the problem was mine - I probably should have decreased the scum team by 1. But, also, town was on the right track a few times and then changed your minds.

I think one thing you may be able to see clearly after the fact with this game is the herd behavior of town, and how the voting behavior of scum will stand out in retrospect. This one is really worth rereading for that aspect.

The scum team was DP, Ani and Charlou.

higgs2

Post by higgs2 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:49 pm

Charlou wrote::cheers:

Zigmen, were you the seer?
Yabbut you sent me off on that quest, of course I came up with that and dropped all my leads for what I thought the "seer" saw. That was a great ploy, I essentially took myself out of the game to follow the Zigmen seer. Finally end of day four I began to think zigmen was noa seer and got p. suspicious of you, was planning to pick up on that today.
Badass Elf

higgs2

Post by higgs2 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:52 pm

Sorry town for not pursuing dp harder when he didn't get lynched day 1, and for taking my name of animavore's bw and lynching col. If I had done those things differently, it might have helped town to a win rather than pushing it down the lynching stairs. :verysad:
Badass Elf

Uselesstwit

Post by Uselesstwit » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:37 pm

Charlou, you played a truly great game, well done.
irretating wrote:you're a genius, UT!

charlou
arseist

Post by charlou » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:57 pm

Thanks Useless .. It's the first time I've played scum and I really liked the role ... so much that I was a bit disappointed the game was over. :demon:

Thanks for the game, oblivion, and to everyone who played, cheers! :cheers:
no fences

Magicziggy

Post by Magicziggy » Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:20 pm

Well there you go. Charlou cruised under the radar while ani and DP played off each other. Masterful as I said before. Anihilation as I said before. Thanks Oblivion. I can't do the sensible and serious for too long though. Notice that on the one time I didn't do anything outrageously dumb, we failed to find a single scum.

Don't Panic
Evil Admin
Evil Admin
About me: 100% Pure Evil. (Not from Concentrate)

Post by Don't Panic » Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:33 pm

I cannot believe I survived that one, great game oblivion, thanks for gm'ing for us.

Don't Panic
Evil Admin
Evil Admin
About me: 100% Pure Evil. (Not from Concentrate)

Post by Don't Panic » Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:36 pm

Gawd wrote:»
And those Zumwalts are already useless, they can be taken out with an ICBM.
The world is a thing of utter inordinate complexity and richness and strangeness that is absolutely awesome. I mean the idea that such complexity can arise not only out of such simplicity, but probably absolutely out of nothing, is the most fabulous extraordinary idea. And once you get some kind of inkling of how that might have happened, it's just wonderful. And . . . the opportunity to spend 70 or 80 years of your life in such a universe is time well spent as far as I am concerned.
D.N.A.

higgs2

Post by higgs2 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:09 pm

Uselesstwit wrote:Charlou, you played a truly great game, well done.
She did. ;)
Badass Elf

Mantisdreamz

Post by Mantisdreamz » Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:22 pm

Uselesstwit wrote:Charlou, you played a truly great game, well done.
I agree. I wasn't suspicious of you at all.

Ani great acting skills. I really thought by your reaction to your lynching that you were town.

DP, you narrowly got away on day one!

Thanks oblivion for running the game. :)

oblivion
Noble Savage

Post by oblivion » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:02 pm

You're welcome, and thanks for playing! These simple games really fascinate me because the outcome so clearly comes down to mafia skills and luck. It seems like the more complexities I add as a GM, the game becomes less dependent on the individual players' skills, performances, and help/hindrance from Lady Luck.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Re: Simple Mafia 3.5

Post by Animavore » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:18 am

:hehe:
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Mantisdreamz

Re: Simple Mafia 3.5

Post by Mantisdreamz » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:39 am

Animavore wrote::hehe:
:nono: Never again will I defend you!

oblivion
Noble Savage

Post by oblivion » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:19 pm

oblivion wrote:You're welcome, and thanks for playing! These simple games really fascinate me because the outcome so clearly comes down to mafia skills and luck. It seems like the more complexities I add as a GM, the game becomes less dependent on the individual players' skills, performances, and help/hindrance from Lady Luck.
Heh. My insanely complicated DS9 game ended on Tuesday. The first 12 hours worth of discussion was almost entirely griping about my design and the decisions I made as a GM while the game was in progress. People felt (though it's debatable) that the outcome didn't come down to players' skills, performance and luck - that to some extent the outcome was based on choices I made as a GM when faced with unanticipated player decisions and interactions.

It's a fair cop. I should have put a lot more thought into the design of one of the roles.

Feck

Post by Feck » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:25 pm

oblivion wrote:
oblivion wrote:You're welcome, and thanks for playing! These simple games really fascinate me because the outcome so clearly comes down to mafia skills and luck. It seems like the more complexities I add as a GM, the game becomes less dependent on the individual players' skills, performances, and help/hindrance from Lady Luck.
Heh. My insanely complicated DS9 game ended on Tuesday. The first 12 hours worth of discussion was almost entirely griping about my design and the decisions I made as a GM while the game was in progress. People felt (though it's debatable) that the outcome didn't come down to players' skills, performance and luck - that to some extent the outcome was based on choices I made as a GM when faced with unanticipated player decisions and interactions.

It's a fair cop. I should have put a lot more thought into the design of one of the roles.

That seems a bit off :roll: They shouldn't complain ..DMing D&D was easier as you can change things on the fly ... ESP if players complain :demon:
:hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog:
Give me the wine , I don't need the bread