Simple Mafia 3

Mafia Forum is visible to guests. Please note that game threads are limited to posts by players who are involved in each game. Non-player or derail posts will be moved to a gallery thread.

Moderator: Mafia Mods

charlou
arseist

Re: Simple Mafia 3 - Day 1

Post by charlou » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:33 am

Hearing more from all those who've only made bookmarking posts so far might be useful.
no fences

Uselesstwit

Post by Uselesstwit » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:34 am

I think magic is just being magic. In fact everyone is looking pretty much run of the mill for themselves. Those that are talking at least. Hopefully everyone will get on and make at least a few more comments before nightfall.
irretating wrote:you're a genius, UT!

Magicziggy

Post by Magicziggy » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:51 am

Mantisdreamz wrote:
Well, it's not like I think you to be completely innocent because of that. I'm just saying that Feck pointed out that you were posting a lot, and gave you one of these for it: :what: .
Oh and we can all trust Feck because...?
Mantisdreamz wrote: I know that in the past, you tend to post a lot, and that has made you look guilty (even though you were actually innocent).
So posting is a sign of guilt. I thought not posting was a sign of guilt.
Actually I know you think what I post is a sign of guilt. So be it. I will live and learn.
Mantisdreamz wrote: Now whether or not you are using the same tactic is a different story.
And my tactic is ... to look guilty?

Zigmen

Post by Zigmen » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:01 am

vote Uselesstwit

imho, posting for the sake of posting is a tell. I look for that on day 1.
~Three of a Perfect Pair~

Magicziggy

Post by Magicziggy » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:18 am

Zigmen wrote:vote Uselesstwit

In that case I've just found five scum in this game. But I appreciate that at least the z-men are actively trying to provoke something.

Zigmen

Post by Zigmen » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:33 am

Magicziggy wrote:
Zigmen wrote:vote Uselesstwit

In that case I've just found five scum in this game. But I appreciate that at least the z-men are actively trying to provoke something.
You're quite correct. I also count about 6 such posters.

But, this is a game for newer players, so I tried to differentiate between what sounded like a new town player just bopping around, and somebody who sounded like they were stretching to sound that way.

You have also pinged my radar, but not the same way nor for the same reason.
~Three of a Perfect Pair~

Mantisdreamz

Post by Mantisdreamz » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:02 am

Magicziggy wrote:
Mantisdreamz wrote:
Well, it's not like I think you to be completely innocent because of that. I'm just saying that Feck pointed out that you were posting a lot, and gave you one of these for it: :what: .
Oh and we can all trust Feck because...?
Well, and that's it. There is no reason to trust him at this point. In a round about way, I was just responding to his post that insinuated suspicion on you because you seemed to be "posting a lot and trying hard to help the team". Simply trying to point out that you always seem to do this! Now, I might be digging a hole for myself by saying this, if you are scum. But, it has just been my past observations.
Magicziggy wrote:
Mantisdreamz wrote: Now whether or not you are using the same tactic is a different story.
And my tactic is ... to look guilty?
Erm, I hope not. You might play the same tactic if you were scum. That is - posting in the same manner you normally do.

And it seems like hidden status as been spoken of, but I don't necessarily see that as any correlation to being scum.

Magicziggy

Post by Magicziggy » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:13 am

And you pinged mine. I'm just going through the data now. It appears as an iceberg off the starboard bow.
Whoops getting silly again. Back on task.

Magicziggy

Post by Magicziggy » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:15 am

I never hide my status, but as has previously been found, we appear offline if we are posting in this thread.

Uselesstwit

Post by Uselesstwit » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:08 am

Okay, the poker game is finally over and I have some time.

ZM could you give us some links to other mafia games you've played in? I'd like to get to know your play style a little better. Since you voted me for mayor based on my past performance, you've read some of the games here. I'd like a chance to get to see some of yours.

Feck is being very quiet and not his usual "look at me I'm so innocent I can act like scum" self.

Magic is actually posting way above normal, not sure if this is a new strategy for him, or if he just has a hell of a lot of time today.

and DP actually did the "i'm the only one I can trust as mayor" tell.

Right now, I'm going with

vote feck

Night all.
irretating wrote:you're a genius, UT!

charlou
arseist

Post by charlou » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:11 am

Uselesstwit wrote:Feck is being very quiet and not his usual "look at me I'm so innocent I can act like scum" self.
Feck did mention in the signup thread, before roles were handed out, that he planned to play this one more quietly - worth bearing in mind, I guess.
no fences

Magicziggy

Post by Magicziggy » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:20 am

Uselesstwit wrote:
Magic is actually posting way above normal, not sure if this is a new strategy for him, or if he just has a hell of a lot of time today.
I'm chillin at home with the family. Its cold, wet and I'm strummin a few chords. The fire is roaring. The kids have done their sport. I can dip in out of this thread and shove in my tuppence in between youtubing how to play galows pole. This evening, I'll actually have a good think about who to vote for.

charlou
arseist

Post by charlou » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:22 am

Uselesstwit wrote:Magic is actually posting way above normal, not sure if this is a new strategy for him, or if he just has a hell of a lot of time today.
MagicZ is posting in his usual way, I think.

There are quite a few posters who are far quieter than previous games. Higgs2 is usually more active and usually explains their actions better than this:
higgs2 wrote:
Zigmen wrote:
higgs2 wrote:vote normal
vote ghat
Why vote for Ghat?
I think the obvious "this is a random vote" thing is scummy.
Random initial votes on day one aren't necessarily scum tells, IMO. Maybe higgs was just trying to provoke discussion though.

unvote Mantisdreamz
no fences

colubridae
Custom Rank: Rank
About me: http://www.essentialart.com/acatalog/Ed ... Stars.html

Post by colubridae » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:26 am

:dono:
I have a well balanced personality. I've got chips on both shoulders

Feck

Post by Feck » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:38 am