Simple Mafia 3

Mafia Forum is visible to guests. Please note that game threads are limited to posts by players who are involved in each game. Non-player or derail posts will be moved to a gallery thread.

Moderator: Mafia Mods

Mantisdreamz

Re: Simple Mafia - Day 4

Post by Mantisdreamz » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:07 am

Feck wrote: and I thought that higgs and zigmans arguments might have been a cover ...but logically at least one or both of the scum would be very quiet after the death of Useless ..
It would have been good if it were a cover. I can't really say since I was looking at their argument from a different view. I don't know know what I would have thought of it if I were town. But, that's true what you say... 1 scum would at least be very careful to stay under cover in fear of causing too much of a raucous.

It would have been really risky for 2 scum to go at each other like that.

But, if the don were still left - it probably would have been fine - because, if one were killed and found out to be scum, then it probably rewarded the other argutee a good amount of time in the game.

Feck

Post by Feck » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:12 am

Mantisdreamz wrote:
Feck wrote: and I thought that higgs and zigmans arguments might have been a cover ...but logically at least one or both of the scum would be very quiet after the death of Useless ..
It would have been good if it were a cover. I can't really say since I was looking at their argument from a different view. I don't know know what I would have thought of it if I were town. But, that's true what you say... 1 scum would at least be very careful to stay under cover in fear of causing too much of a raucous.

It would have been really risky for 2 scum to go at each other like that.

But, if the don were still left - it probably would have been fine - because, if one were killed and found out to be scum, then it probably rewarded the other argutee a good amount of time in the game.
I thought as they were both clever players ..... they might try that! with the seer dead as well ..I didn't think you would be SO quiet if you were scum if I had lived .....(she shot ME !!!) I think I would have gone for normal on day 3..but it's hard to tell now .
:hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog:
Give me the wine , I don't need the bread

Mantisdreamz

Post by Mantisdreamz » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:21 am

Feck wrote:
I thought as they were both clever players ..... they might try that! with the seer dead as well ..I didn't think you would be SO quiet if you were scum if I had lived .....(she shot ME !!!) I think I would have gone for normal on day 3..but it's hard to tell now .
:lol: Yea, Charlou did shoot you :console: But I might have done the same!

But, it does get you thinking of the potential boldness that scum players could try out! Like, that post you made Feck the last game in which you were innocent, yet posted that you could be scum.. That would definitely be very risky post if you were scum. Or say if colubridae was scum this game and voted for herself, yet instead of keeping her vote on herself she'd change it, hence prompting others to probably change as well. I guess there are a lot of really random strategies that you could try out.

Feck

Post by Feck » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:25 am

Mantisdreamz wrote:
Feck wrote:
:lol: Yea, Charlou did shoot you :console: But I might have done the same!

But, it does get you thinking of the potential boldness that scum players could try out! Like, that post you made Feck the last game in which you were innocent, yet posted that you could be scum.. That would definitely be very risky post if you were scum. Or say if colubridae was scum this game and voted for herself, yet instead of keeping her vote on herself she'd change it, hence prompting others to probably change as well. I guess there are a lot of really random strategies that you could try out.
Well being quiet doesn't seem to work for me (be careful you you wouldn't like me when i'm Quiet :hehe: )

colubridae
Custom Rank: Rank
About me: http://www.essentialart.com/acatalog/Ed ... Stars.html

Post by colubridae » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:29 am

That's the trouble with my twattery. If I suddenly play quiet in the next game it's going to look suspicious.

Kinf od shot my bolt with all the noise I've made. :hehe:
I have a well balanced personality. I've got chips on both shoulders

Feck

Post by Feck » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:32 am

colubridae wrote:That's the trouble with my twattery. If I suddenly play quiet in the next game it's going to look suspicious.

I did think it was funny ...your play ......."lynch me" he said ,so we did :ddpan:

charlou
arseist

Post by charlou » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:01 am

oblivion wrote:When higgs2 made this post late day 3 I figured it was too late for town to follow up.
Subject: Simple Mafia 3 - Day 3
higgs2 wrote:Okay, well if you're not scum and ghat is not scum and I'm not scum that leaves

Charlou
mantisdreamz
Normal

I'm beginning to think Charlou is seeming less scummy. So that leaves manis and normal.

Which one? Or are you locking in your vote on me?

If you have time why don't you go check those two out.
then, in the very next post she said she'd keep her vote on ghat.

Too little, too late.
That only added to my suspicion of her.
no fences

charlou
arseist

Post by charlou » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:07 am

colubridae wrote:That's the trouble with my twattery. If I suddenly play quiet in the next game it's going to look suspicious.

I still don't get why you voted for yourself? :think:
no fences

normal
!
!
About me: meh

Post by normal » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:11 am

Charlou wrote:

Even me, as scum, felt that was a wrong move. That's why I didn't want to vote :hehe:
Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                   -Douglas Adams

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:25 am

Well that was quick.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

colubridae
Custom Rank: Rank
About me: http://www.essentialart.com/acatalog/Ed ... Stars.html

Post by colubridae » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:30 am

Normal wrote:
Charlou wrote:

Even me, as scum, felt that was a wrong move. That's why I didn't want to vote :hehe:
My basic figuring was that I was expendable (not being very good - someone has to go on day one, it's a lottery.)
That being the case I assumed that such a strange play would freak everyone especially scum.
They would then show up clearly on everyone's radar. So one expendable for at least one scum.
This was the brilliant part of my plan. :smoke:

The bad part of the plan was that it was bollocks. :oops:
I have a well balanced personality. I've got chips on both shoulders

charlou
arseist

Post by charlou » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:33 am

colubridae wrote:
Normal wrote:
Charlou wrote:

My basic figuring was that I was expendable (not being very good - someone has to go on day one, it's a lottery.)
That being the case I assumed that such a strange play would freak everyone especially scum.
They would then show up clearly on everyone's radar. So one expendable for at least one scum.
This was the brilliant part of my plan. :smoke:

The bad part of the plan was that it was bollocks. :oops:
:lol:

:console: Never mind col. Part of my plan turned out to be bollocks too. Sorry Feck :cry:
no fences

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:40 am

I told you who to vote for on day 2 and why. You should've followed my lead instead of Zigmen's bizarre logic. My plan was unambiguous.

:tea:
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Magicziggy

Post by Magicziggy » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:57 am

I hope we all now know what a role blocker is and does.

By the end of Day 2 I was convinced of the following.

Ghat was town -( I got one thing right)
Either or both Zigmen / Higgs2 were scum

I was also convinced that one of the above three were the vig based on the hit on useless.
So I had to pick another who looked scummy to block on night 2 if i wanted to avoid the vig.
Feck ended up ticking more boxes and Useless FOS on him was the clincher.

Ani - I love you man. :cheers:

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:01 am

I actually voted for Normal on day 2. I don't know why no one looked back on my posts and followed it through.