Simple Mafia 2 Archive

Mafia Forum is visible to guests. Please note that game threads are limited to posts by players who are involved in each game. Non-player or derail posts will be moved to a gallery thread.

Moderator: Mafia Mods

irretating
not too sweet to sledge

Re: Simple Mafia 2 - Day 5

Post by irretating » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:46 am

Feck wrote:Hell Higgs talks a lot :hehe:

I did say I would lynch myself if I was wrong about her .
That's ok, we lynched you for you instead. I did say we should all kick ourselves if higgs turned out to be scum...

higgs2

Post by higgs2 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:59 pm

It's hard to be scum alone for days at a time lol.

It helps me think to talk.
Badass Elf

Feck

Post by Feck » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:06 pm

higgs2 wrote:

It's hard to be scum alone for days at a time lol.

It helps me think to talk.
I thought I was losing it I was so certain but nobody else would believe me ......then I gave in and listened to you ....ARRRGH

Well played :clap: ..Mafia is a horrible game ...I love it :evil:
:hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog:
Give me the wine , I don't need the bread

oblivion
Noble Savage

Post by oblivion » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:07 pm

Feck wrote:Mafia is a horrible game ...I love it :evil:
Truer words were never spoken.

higgs2

Post by higgs2 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:19 pm

Is the scum log for the last game around somewhere? I want to see why I was nk'd.
Badass Elf

Feck

Post by Feck » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:23 pm

higgs2 wrote:Is the scum log for the last game around somewhere? I want to see why I was nk'd.
We took out strong players ASAp unless there was an obvious trail
If I remember you Fos'd someone who was not Mafia and we jumped at the chance !

oblivion
Noble Savage

Post by oblivion » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:30 pm

higgs2 wrote:Is the scum log for the last game around somewhere? I want to see why I was nk'd.
I think one of the scum players never gave permission to make the thread public. But, IIRC the reason you were nked was because you're an experienced player and you weren't voted mayor. The scum team thought there might be a doctor in the game, but didn't have any good leads on potential specials. They went with the best player not likely to be protected for the n1k.

Man, that logic works, but it sucks to be the n1k. Eventually, the n1k becomes a huge clue as to who might be scum because "best player" is very scum-team dependent. Then, scum teams start leaving the best players alone because it throws suspicion on them. This seems to cycle, though.

Just when I got used to being in the game for a few days again, someone went and offed me on night one last night. :cry:

charlou
arseist

Post by charlou » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:39 pm

oblivion wrote:
Feck wrote:Mafia is a horrible game ...I love it :evil:
Truer words were never spoken.
:lol:

I just love it. :mrgreen:
no fences

Don't Panic
Evil Admin
Evil Admin
About me: 100% Pure Evil. (Not from Concentrate)

Post by Don't Panic » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:42 pm

oblivion wrote:
I think one of the scum players never gave permission to make the thread public. But, IIRC the reason you were nked was because you're an experienced player and you weren't voted mayor. The scum team thought there might be a doctor in the game, but didn't have any good leads on potential specials. They went with the best player not likely to be protected for the n1k.

Man, that logic works, but it sucks to be the n1k. Eventually, the n1k becomes a huge clue as to who might be scum because "best player" is very scum-team dependent. Then, scum teams start leaving the best players alone because it throws suspicion on them. This seems to cycle, though.

Just when I got used to being in the game for a few days again, someone went and offed me on night one last night. :cry:
Think I'm in that club too, though where they got experienced from is beyond me, I'm only playing mafia a month or two.

Well played Scum, and thanks for GMing Oblivion. :cheers:
Gawd wrote:»
And those Zumwalts are already useless, they can be taken out with an ICBM.
The world is a thing of utter inordinate complexity and richness and strangeness that is absolutely awesome. I mean the idea that such complexity can arise not only out of such simplicity, but probably absolutely out of nothing, is the most fabulous extraordinary idea. And once you get some kind of inkling of how that might have happened, it's just wonderful. And . . . the opportunity to spend 70 or 80 years of your life in such a universe is time well spent as far as I am concerned.
D.N.A.

Feck

Post by Feck » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:01 pm

DP wrote:
oblivion wrote:

Think I'm in that club too, though where they got experienced from is beyond me, I'm only playing mafia a month or two.

Killing you had a a bonus it cast suspicion on me ...but they didn't plan it that way they had a little list you were it .
I thought when you got killed that I would get lynched ..one of the reasons for my long winded post .

The thing is now If I want to have a quiet game and not blabber lots It will be seen as a scum tell .. :banghead:

oblivion
Noble Savage

Post by oblivion » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:17 pm

Feck wrote:
DP wrote:
oblivion wrote:

Killing you had a a bonus it cast suspicion on me ...but they didn't plan it that way they had a little list you were it .
I thought when you got killed that I would get lynched ..one of the reasons for my long winded post .

The thing is now If I want to have a quiet game and not blabber lots It will be seen as a scum tell .. :banghead:
Play a long game. Don't maintain habits you know are bad because it's easier in the short term. Town may have to lynch you once or twice to figure things out, but in the long run what you want is a game style that will work well for you no matter what your role in a particular game.

Feck

Post by Feck » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:21 pm

That's true ,thanks .

oblivion
Noble Savage

Post by oblivion » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:23 pm

Feck wrote:That's true ,thanks .
It's also easier said than done. Town can put a lot of pressure on players to play so distinctively townish that when they are scum they either stand out like a sore thumb or they have to do things that are bad for their team in order to avoid lynch.

It's a trap I fall back into regularly. :cry:

Feck

Post by Feck » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:32 pm

Twinkie did say that I was playing differently this time ......but then I wanted to be seen to be acting differently as I was scum last time !

higgs2

Post by higgs2 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:43 pm

Feck wrote:
DP wrote:
oblivion wrote:

We were looking for specials. You didn't seem like a special. We thought DP could be, but it's hard to know the first night.
Badass Elf